UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of them look great as usual Nervous.

Love the cake topper figures... My wife wouldn't go for anything that awesome... Your girlfriend's sister is too cool...

Majestic... What can I say? One of my favorite comic characters of all time, and you've nailed him perfectly. I'm adding him to my list of most wanted.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, back again...

just entered the cover contest which was really awesome to do, and let me be a bit more creative than just customizing a mate.

i wanted to do something different with mine, and actually make the entire cover,and shoot it, without any use of photoshop editing. the only thing i that bothers me, is it is a bit more square than a usual rectangular shape of a normal cover.

here are a few different shots of my entry.

first up is wraith, the dude on the cover. he was one of my first custom mates, and in need of an update.

wraith1.jpg

up next is the wall he is standing on. the wall itself is a ceramic flooring tile i cut down to try and get the angle right from the comic. then i used some mini barbed-wire, some finish nails, and a few flat lego plates to finish out the detail of the wall.

wraith2.jpg

next is one of the first shots i took, with the the lights out, and just the moon on(which i got at michaels in the halloween section)

wraith3.jpg

and lastly is a side angled shot of the final setup i used to take the entry picture.

wraith4.jpg

thanks for looking...cant wait to do this again :D .......and hopefully get it done a bit sooner ;)

Awesome work Josh, I love the updated Wraith, lego visors for the shoulder pads is inspired :)

Glad to see you did it that way... I was going to do my cover the same way, no photoshopping.... but time just ran out! Gah can we have a 2 week extention to the contest please :P

T.

Well, congrats. 2nd time in 2 days some one has managed to get a physical reaction out of me over the internet. Those Decepticon and Cobra minimates made me bolt out of my chair. I must be losing my touch...

Send those to Hasbro! Maybe we get actually get some made!

And that Wraith one is niiiice!

Send those to Hasbro! Maybe we get actually get some made!

Hasbro has seen these, long story and really Nervous's to tell... but lets just say that there are some shows that everyone is in the same place for and people like to play show and tell ;)

T.

hey guys, thanks a million for all the great replies. this was so much fun for me to do.also, much more went into it than I had thought... and i cant wait to get started on the next one. Also, i'd like to actually finish the project i had going on similar to this which involves a cobra viper...and a lawn gnome!

well, i have a whole buncha crates full of lego parts at my disposal, so why not try to mix-n-match...speaking of lego, Tim, i found the other silver screwdriver missing from one of your new mates ;). you should still do the one you were working on mate, love to see what it is.

Hey TM2 Dinobot, thanks, me and Jaycen had talked a few times about doing a bunch of the logo-mates if there was enough of an interest for them. BTW, have you seen the optimus prime i did...which even sorta tranforms?

as far as Hasbro, Tim is right, they have seen them, Adam took some of my customs over to show the gi joe stuff, so keep your fingers crossed, i know i am.

thanks again guys for looking, Nervous

• 1 month later...

thanks JL, now for my quickest time between updates...just finished doing some decals for someone's design, and even though there is one more stage in the evolution of this custom, I don't think he'll mind, given how awesome i think it looks. I think you guys might like to see a sneak peak.well I'll just shut up now and show you guys. :D

irontim.jpg

irontim1.jpg

irontim2.jpg

iron1.jpg