UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, TBT guessed it, it is our very own Donster and his lovely new bride!

Green Ears seems to be pretty popular, lol. After the nervous mate, he's been around the longest. He is always stirring up trouble, knocking over my paint jars, and pulling decals off of other mates. You see, it drives him crazy to not have a decal of his very own.

Wedding001.jpg

Sorry for the delay in getting these pics up for you Nervous, you have to love it when your photo editor decides to give you a headache :rolleyes: TBT is in fact correct, this is me and the Mrs :D Not that was hard, since he had a heads up already :lol: Anyway, I will post some more pics here or in another thread of Nervous special gift to us. I would like to say how much I appreciated this and making sure it got to me by Valentine's Day :thumbsup: Thank you again from The_Donster and The_Dish, we are forever grateful in giving us something to remember such a beautiful day :wub:

First let me say congrats to the happy couple. Always nice to see two people so much in love.

And secondly, let me say Nervous, your work is truly amazing. Very inspiring stuff all around and, while I too like Green Ears, I really like Rey. He just looks like a cool character. If you ever decide to sell him, send me a PM please. Anyway, great stuff.

Here's some more pics of the custom Nervous did for me gang. Below is early pic Nervous sent(He posted the other one's), my wife opening up the package, the pieces that make it up and individual shots of things. You really can't tell with the pics we took, but Josh repainted my eyes brown, from the Minimate he made of me. He also did a phenominal job on recreating her dress and my tux to a capital T. Please enjoy and thank you for doing this for me Nervous and everyone else with your warm wishes. I'll most likely post some more pics of this and our wedding pics in a seperate thread down the line. My wife Trish, is currently on vacation and we're doing the couple thing. Which leaves little online time, unless I'm up half the night and that throws off my sleep pattern :lol:

Wedding38.jpg

Wedding008.jpgWedding010.jpgWedding036.jpgWedding035.jpgWedding034.jpgWedding026.jpgWedding025.jpgWedding012.jpg

Hey thanks for the photos Don, It was my pleasure dude,any time. I got to experiment a little with these, and pretty damn happy with how they turned out :biggrin: .

now on to some new stuff...

First we have my second in a series of memorials/statues using metal paints, this time with copper. This is the same technique as I used with the iron paint, b ut instead of rust, the copper paint gets tarnished when hit with the activator spray.

copperamerica.jpg

copperamerica2.jpg

Next we have an update of Rogue, I always felt she needed to be wearing her coat with the sleeves rolled up, so now she is :tongue:

rogue.jpg

How could I do Rogue without doing Gambit. I have just waited too long for a Gambit. Not to sound ungrateful with all the new mates coming this year, but I was hoping he'd be in at least one of the new waves. Guess you gotta save some big guns for later waves :confused:

I tried to capture how his eyes sort of glow when hit by certain light.You really gotta see it up close to get the full effect, as every little shift of light reflects a little different with the metallic decals.

gambit.jpg

More sweet work all around Nervous...

That Gambit's frakkin' awesome! I can imagine the eyes shining...

The memorial looks great too... Perhaps all too timely, though?... Can't wait for CW#7 tomorrow.

Awesome work on everything. My Rogue just doesn't look right without her coat, now. Gambit is too perfect with the eye effect (I was also hoping/expecting to see more X-Men characters this year). And as for the memorial, I imagine someday you'll have a whole memorial park with civilian minimates wandering around checking out the monuments.

Awesome work my friend, but you already know I'm a fan :thumbsup: I'm digging the memorial, have you done the Superman one before Nervous? Love the Rogue and Gambit too, but like I said, I'm a fan.

Destro looks great! Colossus' head works perfectly for him. And I'm really digging the accessories - where are they from?
Here are some of the places I get stuff from. They are all made to be held by lego hands, so sometimes I have to trim down the handles.
I'm loving those sites, and as soon as my next paycheck is in my lap I'm going to town. I was wondering, though--how DO you trim down the handles? Sand it evenly on all sides...or what? :)

That Captain America Memorial is great--what the hey, they're all great! But you knew that. ;) Ever thought of doing a Superman one, or Green Lantern (memorial)? ... :woot:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey gang, its been awhile (some pretty lousy stuff happining) but wanted to get back to page one with this guy. Its my Spartan, hope you like! :blink:

spartan1.jpg

spartan2.jpg

and here is the guy from my avatar, just a random quickie, until the rightful owner of that new hairpiece get finished (but I may just leave this guy as is, I kinda dig him :biggrin: )

newguy.jpg

DAMN Nervous... Just DAMN! The spartan looks even better somehow...

You know I love that "Avatar Guy".