UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Nervous WIP

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love that one Nervous :D Ever thought about Soundwave or some of the other Gen 1 transformers?

cheers,

Tk

Yeah man, at some point I'd like to get done Starscream, Soundwave, and Megatron........if only I had my hands on some of cloneme's wood mates ;);) , then they would be in scale :D

Ok, this was a completely random and spur of the moment custom...using my old Angel custom, with the new sentry head, I saw the new superhero squad? Angel/Colossus 2-pack, and , well, uh, this just had to be done.(I was never happy with the pocket hero Hawkman wings for him)

hope you like :blink:

angelnew.jpg

angelnew2.jpg

I'd like these for "Wings of Redemption Spawn" too, and a "Redeemer"

I did the old boil and pop method to get them off, then just drilled through the back of the body using a 5/32 bit, and the peg slid right in.

I've never liked the Pocket Hero wings on a Minimate...

These look awesome.

Great job Nervous. I think we'll be seeing these wings alot more...

also, would it be possible to sharpen the feathers, give them a nice shiney silver paint for his metal wings?

I don't think that you'd have to sharpen them at all. The wings already have a nice angular sculpt on them. Slap some silver paint on 'em and go!

First off, everyone steal away! It is really a fairy easy process. if you want I can post some pics of how they look when they come off, and the hole i put in his back to connect them.

Hey Timbo, yeah they were glued on, and the boiling loosened up the glue. I used a butter knine to get in to dig it out. The only thing I'd say is to make sure you get them back into shape(or the shape you want them in) before they cool, because they get very bendy. I opted to keep them straight, but I might try to curl them in a bit the next time.

I agree with antacost, they are already pretty sharp looking, and some silver paint might be all you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys/gals- Well I finally have had some time to do a bunch of customs(looking for a new job), so in the spirit of last week's reveals, I want to do the same this week. I have a few updated characters, as well as some new faces, so I will start the week off with an old favorite of mine: hope you like, enjoy! :biggrin:

torpedo.jpg

torpedo2.jpg

tomorrow.....An old friend! :whistling: