UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie

Punisher

Seriously, the casting for this movie feels like they're throwing darts at lists of actor's names.

"Who'd we hit? Glenn Close? Give her a call! We can make a role for her!"

Also - I want the voice for Groot to be Stan Lee.

Edited by boyd

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been expecting this news for a while now. I wasnt sure if Marvel had the rights to the kree so I didnt want to hold my breath, but now i am almost sure that we have been building up to the kree/skrull war (dont expect to see it till Avengers 3 though)

back in Avengers, Loki had a line that I thought was kinda out of place "there is only the war", i think most of the audience, including me at the time thought he was referring to the chitauri invasion, but i am almost sure now that he meant that the Kree/Skrull war is coming(or already happening)

my theory is Avengers 2 will be about Ultron attacking the Avengers by taking over the helicarrier and using SHIELDs defenses against them (or something to that effect) since Whedon said this one will be more compact and closed in, with less focus on the cosmos. Through this we will be introduced to Pym before his film, and he's already confirmed Wanda and Pietro (my guess is they are brought in by fury and get caught up in Ultrons attack). This will serve to start to introduce Vision by Avengers 3

then by the time we get to Avengers 3 we have the line-up from the Kree-Skrull war: Ironman, Thor, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Goliath (Hank is close enough) and Vision. Plus A3 can be used to introduce Mar-vell

I am also super psyched to see Ronan, I really hope they do a good job and explain that hes not really evil...just unrelenting when it comes to Kree law.

lastly, im hoping this means Marvel will be able to have the full rights to marvel cosmic (or atleast skrulls/kree and maybe even Annihilus down the line)

Starlord in the new comics looks a bit like Arrow's Stephen Amell. I like Pratt a lot, he was excellent in Moneyball.

Tennant would be awesome, maybe if Guardians becomes a play he'll do it.

I think this movie has a 50/50 chance at flopping. They are going to have to spend so much on advertising. They should release a few animated movies with the characters before the actual film.

I'm pretty skeptical, myself.

Also - I want the voice for Groot to be Stan Lee.

YES!!

Ah but here's the thing. The reveal that, if it's not coming should be coming. Stan Lee's already GOT a role. He's in every Marvel movie of note. He's always some unassuming guy but he's always there. It's almost as if he's stalking these superheroes, keeping up with them, watching them if you will.

Oh yes. Stan Lee is Uatu in disguise.

Now I'm just waiting for some movie company to prove me right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IGN has a description of the footage shown at the panel:

"And what producer Kevin Feige, director James Gunn, and the cast did have to show the crowd was pretty great. Chris Pratt's Star-Lord is not earthbound when we first see him in this sizzle reel, even though he is very clearly of Earth. He has an iPod, listens to "Hooked on a Feeling" (which becomes the main music of the piece eventually), and can give the finger with the best of them. He gets caught stealing some kind of alien orb and is arrested by Djimon Hounsou's Korath (revealed as a member of the cast just tonight).

Thrown in an intergalactic booking station, Star-Lord winds up alongside the other criminals who will become the Guardians of the Galaxy: Zoe Saldana's very green Gamora, Dave Bautista's green with some reddish highlights Drax, the tree-man Groot, and the little spitfire Rocket Raccoon. The five of them wind up in a Usual Suspects kind of police line-up shot, which is the great moment that the reel crescendos with, but we also get to see the group in action, including the CGI Groot and Rocket. They look perfect, although we still haven't heard their voices and don't know who will play them.

The practical make-up on Gamora and Drax also nails the look of the comics, and we even got a glimpse of Star-Lord in his famed helmet at one point. And the tone of the whole thing is unique -- funny, strange, and kind of out there. Very James Gunn! Marvel is definitely pushing in a new direction with this one."

• 3 weeks later...

i think im more excited for this than I have been for any of the Marvel movies (Avengers and Ironman being my original top-choice)

everything about this film looks incredible, though im getting worried that the Kree wont be blue...

thats what im hoping, but I swear I saw Lee Pace in the trailer without makeup...i could be totally off tho, and that footage was only after 13 days of filming so its not crazy to think it wasnt entirely final