UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie

Punisher

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed.

I liked the characters (needed more Starlord though) and the humor... but the pacing is AWFUL

it’s a lot of “okay first we go here, now we’re here, but now we’re here, okay now we’re here, and now we need to be over there so let’s go over there, we’re there, but now we’re here!” and that’s just the first seven minutes.

I’m sure a second or third viewing now that I know the plot structure it’ll be a better viewing experience... but it was really messy on the first viewing.

Also, not gonna spoiler this since everyone knows Stan Lee is the movie already:

I wish he’d been in a cell in the Collector’s collection, dressed like real life regular old Earth Stan Lee as if he was captured and put on display, rather than his actual cameo... that would have been amusing instead of sad like his actual cameo.

Edited by dr baghead

I saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. As usual, Marvel studios fails to disappoint. Got the ending in spoilers earlier. Curious what other endings there were. I also just finished rereading Infinity Gauntlet and am curious how Nebula may be used in subsequent films. Also wondering if Starfox will be Star-lord's father in the films, or Adam Warlock, either of which would give him a genetic advantage against Thanos.

Great great movie. Loved the mix of action and comedy. Also makes me very happy I found the TRU wave on Wednesday, otherwise I would have been jonesing for the minimates immediately after the movie ended.

ive seen the movie 3 times in 3 days

the opening credits are now my number 1 favorite opening credits (right infront of Rushmore now)

i plan to see the film a few more times, i love how Gunn has captured this vastly dense world yet made it so grounded and accessible

also the movie is a concept artists wet dream, every design from every little piece of tech to every article of clothing looks so thought out and everything visually makes sense

easily my favorite movie now

Loved, loved, loved Guardians of the Galaxy. Our group was just elated with James Gunn's vision. We laughed, we cried, we ooed and awed. The humour was bang on and popped up just at the right moments.

Stand out moments for me.

• The death of Quill's mother
  • Groot looking dismayed after Gamora chopped off his arms.
  • Rocket getting drunk, emotionally breaking down and revealing a tid bit of his creation.
  • Drax's inability to understand metaphors. LOL
  • The term 'pelvic sorcery'. LOL
  • A peek at a Celestial annihilating a planet
  • Groot's reaction to Rocket's comment about Drax's family. LOL
  • Drax referring to Gamora as a "green whore" and then blasting Nebula seconds later and saying "Nobody talks to my friends that way".
  • Groot and Rockets tender moment prior to Groot's sacrifice.
  • Dancing Groot.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I enjoyed the film a lot, so much fun stuff in there. Really liked most of the dialogue and the way the characters played off each other.

I think Drax was great!

Wish I had the minimates because Michael Rooker's character was really good too.

Wasn't wowed by the after credits scene. Not a spoiler but Quill has a line about a Black Light that I thought was inappropriate for the film. The beginning is very emotional but I liked it.

So Happy this film is a great success!!! GOTG2 , bring it on baby!

I agree, I was surprised by the Drax character, and how good Dave Bautista was. Then I remembered he had been a professional wrestler, so it's not like he's new to acting.

Just saw it again. I'm not really one to watch a movie multiple times in the theaters, but this movie was so fun I had to go back for more. I am seriously thinking about catching a sunday morning matinee.

I actually thought the blacklight joke was one of the funniest in the movie. If you're old enough to get it, then you're probably not gonna be offended by it. So in that sense, I didn't think it was a big deal. If you're the kind of person offended by sex jokes, then Marvel Studios may not be up your alley anyway, considering that Tony Stark is the real center of this movie universe.

Re: Batista, he was never that great as a pro wrestler IMO, in the ring or on the mic. But I think this character plays to his strengths a bit as a dense meathead. In a good way.

Edited by karamazov80

Loved it and I want to see it again. Was thinking during the entire film how much of a merchandising goldmine it is. Post credits scene was so out of left field I would have never guessed that in a million years. Great, great moment. Hated the trailer so I was pleasantly surprised buy how great this was.

I've been looking over all the Easter Egg sites and don't think I've seen anyone mention this:

the alien that Quill was sleeping with at the beginning was Bereet, right? That's what it sounded like. From the old Rampaging Hulk comics. Thought that was a cool little touch!

Really loving how we go from Winter Soldier to this. The cinematic universe is very diverse, just like the comics. I think a big part of the appeal is seeing how they all connect and anticipating what comes next. Marvel Studios is pretty much bulletproof at this point.

Marvel Studios is pretty much bulletproof at this point.

As much as I want to agree with you Antman is shaping up into a debacle. It's never a good sign when the director goes through 90% of pre-production leaves shortly before cameras start rolling, and then 3 cast members follow after shooting has started. I want Antman to be good, and it still may be so, but it looks very rocky and it could be Marvel's first dud. I hope I am wrong.

Edited by minimadman

I would probably put it on par with the first couple of Iron Man films in terms of the lewdness. Much of the innuendo stuff will be over their heads. A few cuss words here and there, like "dick" and "a-hole." There are lots more deaths, but they aren't very gory, and they treat the main cannon fodder (those faceless creatures) like they aren't really alive at all, more like robots. I probably wouldn't let a kid see it until they were 10 years old or so. But overall the action and wacky characters dominate the film, which kids can get into. It's probably on par with Monster Squad, which I saw when I was 7 or 8. I would show this to a kid sooner than I would a gloomy, depressing mess like Man of Steel.

Edited by karamazov80

Loved the movie! For me it's the second best movie of Marvel Studios, behind of Cap 2: Winter Soldier only. But very close to the first prize.

And about the Infinity Stones, James Gunn said this on Twitter:

@sensmile11: @JamesGunn Are you allowed revealing which infinity stone was used? Loved the movie, you nailed it” Power stone.
I dunno. This is the actual situation IMHO:

Tesseract: Reality
Aether (Thor 2): Power
Loki's scepter: Mind
Orb (GotG): Space
1*lU2vVqpnVD6VxhflVYksxg.jpeg

Edited by bzorio