UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie

Punisher

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm apprehensive of this movie. I'm a big fan of the original GotG, and while I like all the characters on the modern team on their own merits, I've never been able to actually read a book featuring them as a team. I personally find Abbnet and Lanning's writting absolutely atrocious, and I also have a few issues with them on a more personal level.

I do like Chris Pratt though, and maybe the movie will be a little more divorced from "DnA"

• 1 month later...

Latest word is that Drax The Destroyer will be played by ex WWE wrestler Batista. Now I've only seen him in one other film and That was "The Man With The Iron Fists." Now its no oscar winner but it does exactly what its supposed to do its a tongue in cheek over the top martial arts movie.

I know nothing about the modern GotG but googling images I can see Batista having the physical presence for Drax other then that I have no clue.

I liked Batista when he was wrestling and yes, he has the physique for it. But I'm too narrow sighted and see him too much as his WWE character that I can't grasp how Drax will work out. Then again, I don't know Drax well but he seems to be just a straight faced ass kicker. So it probably won't be too much of a stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Starlord in the new comics looks a bit like Arrow's Stephen Amell. I like Pratt a lot, he was excellent in Moneyball.

Tennant would be awesome, maybe if Guardians becomes a play he'll do it.

I think this movie has a 50/50 chance at flopping. They are going to have to spend so much on advertising. They should release a few animated movies with the characters before the actual film.

You have to think that for Disney/Marvel to have green lit this movie that they have a VERY strong story/script. If it's just cgi mayhem action with a weak story it will be destined for failure. I would think there could have been many other characters they could have filled this phase 2 movie slot with if they didn't have confidence in GOTG. So for me, the success of the phase 1 movies with me has earned my trust in them to make a good movie.

That said, GOTG seems like one of riskier properties to make a feature film of, so hopefully it'll succeed and open the doors to even more obscure/awesome movies.

• 2 weeks later...

AWESOME.

My guess for the plot is that the original GoG found the Infinity Gauntlet and had it locked away (dont know if Odins armory will be tied in) and Thanos now steals it, but since the Original GoG know about its weaknesses or how to use it, he tracks them down and kills them one by one, meaning the new GoG has to find them and protect them from Thanos and get their help in stopping him....thats my guess

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They're stacking the deck for this movie.

One of the things that I have enjoyed the most with the Marvel (Avengers related) movies is they have done a wonderful job with casting. Each actor/actress matches their character so well, it's hard to imagine any other person in their role. It will be interesting to see how this new group of people turn out.