UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012-Discussion Thread

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously, schoolgirls are very important. My thought was more really there's only what, five of them? I can see the hardcore troop builders around here being a little upset with the idea of that, so I figured they wouldn't do so well as an army builder.

My thought was more really there's only what, five of them? I can see the hardcore troop builders around here being a little upset with the idea of that, so I figured they wouldn't do so well as an army builder.

There were thousands of them cloned I think, but only five that became characters in the X-books, and I think three left these days? Even at three they'd be a more appropriate army builder than Nimrod was really. The Warwolves would have been a pretty limited army builder too.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I wonder if the number of people that would buy 3-5 Cuckoos might ultimately outweigh the number of people who buy dozens of an "unlimited" army builder? I don't do much army building, but having a small, set number would make me more likely to pick up multiples.

Edited by battlecat

There were thousands of them cloned I think, but only five that became characters in the X-books, and I think three left these days? Even at three they'd be a more appropriate army builder than Nimrod was really. The Warwolves would have been a pretty limited army builder too.

You say that like It's a bad thing.

You say that like It's a bad thing.

Nope, I voted Warwolves.

I admit to not even knowing what the Warwolves are, which is my shame, I know. But I suppose you are right on people who would buy a limited number. I don't much army build myself either. I have Six SHIELD Agents, which is second only to my 11 OMACs, so I'm not an authority on army building. I just can't get over Songbird.

It didn't really hit me until after I saw the pictures from the panel, but did anyone else notice that there were no TRU exclusive figures there? As in, I'm surprised that wave 14 wasn't on display with the other Marvel Minimates. And that the TRU KITT was absent.

Very strange...

Thinking about it, I wonder if the number of people that would buy 3-5 Cuckoos might ultimately outweigh the number of people who buy dozens of an "unlimited" army builder? I don't do much army building, but having a small, set number would make me more likely to pick up multiples.

I think maybe people that do this make up for alot of those other people:

DSCN1138.jpg

Just sayin'.

so I'm not an authority on army building.

I think I might be an authority on the subject on the subject. And can I say there weren't a lot of choices I was thrilled with on the poll. Nova Corps was pretty low on the list for me. I was so unimpressed I might only get 10 or 12 of them.

Edited by groundhog7s

Some closing thoughts as I head home:

Whoever worked on the display dioramas did an amazing job. I especially liked the Walking Dead setup.

It was great to see the guys who were at the con. Mathew, Allen, Chris, Michael, I really enjoyed meeting you and putting faces to names. I think lunch with you guys was actually my favorite thing this year.

I don't think the design sheets or even the photos do justice to how good the Battle Beasts look in person. That's going to be an amazing line.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but I've noticed a curious parallel between a fair number of the characters recently released and coming up in Marvel Minimates and Universe. Maybe it's my imagination. But MU is doing an Inhumans 3-pack next year. So... yeah.

I wasn't super impressed with how Digger hijacked the panel to plug his movie.

Fricking Thundercats Minimates.

1342394887[/url]' post='237090']
1342393861[/url]' post='237086']so I'm not an authority on army building.

I think I might be an authority on the subject on the subject. And can I say there weren't a lot of choices I was thrilled with on the poll. Nova Corps was pretty low on the list for me. I was so unimpressed I might only get 10 or 12 of them.

More for me, then.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but I've noticed a curious parallel between a fair number of the characters recently released and coming up in Marvel Minimates and Universe.

I was afraid I was the only one who noticed this. Not that I think there's a big conspiracy behind Puck getting two actions figures - yet...

I'm not impressed with anything Digger does. The further away he stays from my Minimates, the better.

(That's not a personal dig at all. Just a professional one.)

I'm not impressed with anything Digger does. The further away he stays from my Minimates, the better.

You're a professional now? I can't keep up with you lately.

I admit to not even knowing what the Warwolves are, which is my shame, I know.

Aaaand that's my cue. B)

Created as hunter/trackers by Mojo, a pack of 6 Warwolves were sent by his blobiness to retrieve Rachel Summers, whom Mojo and Spiral had recently abducted and healed after Rachel had had a violent "disagreement" about killing Selene. (irony... I know) Well the semi-amnesiac Rachel had escaped back to Earth 616... London actually, and Mojo "released the hounds" as it were to bring her back. The efforts to save Rachel brought her old X-Men buddies Nightcrawler and Shadowcat, who had been recovering at Muir Isle from wounds suffered fighting the Marauders months earlier, and England's own Captain Britain and Meggan into the conflict... and the five stay together as Excalibur. Their first clashes resulted in the death of one of the Warwolves, the rematch claimed the life of another, named Ducks. The defeated Bowser, Jacko, Scraper, and Popsie were placed on exhibit at the London zoo. In addition to being able to track prey across dimensions, Warwolves have superhuman strength and speed and are naturally psychical "slippery"- they cannot be easily detected by telepathy and telekinetic powers cannot directly effect them. They also have the ability to absorb other beings life force, reducing the victim to their intact skin. The wolves then slip into and out of the skins via the victim's mouth and then they assume the appearance and voice of their victim. They have escaped custody a few times and are usually recaptured quickly. It is presently unknown if there is/was only one pack of Warwolves of if Mojo has more of them. Given they are origin as wholly created beings, I'm sure Mojo and Spiral could just make more if they wanted to.

I admit to not even knowing what the Warwolves are, which is my shame, I know. But I suppose you are right on people who would buy a limited number. I don't much army build myself either. I have Six SHIELD Agents, which is second only to my 11 OMACs, so I'm not an authority on army building. I just can't get over Songbird.

Check out the original Excalibur Special and early issues of the series: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excalibur-Special-Edition-1987-1st-Excalibur-Captain-Britain-Nightcrawler-FN-VF-/140795824893?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c815cafd

Alan Davis is my favorite all-time artist, and it's a real joy reading that stuff.

With Longshot in an upcoming Marvel Universe wave and Minimates Wave 47 I hope we get a Dazzler figure soon.

gKsSK.jpg

You've been wanting to do that for weeks, haven't you, Miry?;)

Yep. :biggrin:

Check out the original Excalibur Special and early issues of the series: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excalibur-Special-Edition-1987-1st-Excalibur-Captain-Britain-Nightcrawler-FN-VF-/140795824893?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20c815cafd

Alan Davis is my favorite all-time artist, and it's a real joy reading that stuff.

With Longshot in an upcoming Marvel Universe wave and Minimates Wave 47 I hope we get a Dazzler figure soon.

gKsSK.jpg

I know we're getting a Dazzler Mate in Wave 47, paired up with Longshot, I was talking about Marvel Universe since Marvel Universe and Minimates are so in synch lately.

I know we're getting a Dazzler Mate in Wave 47, paired up with Longshot, I was talking about Marvel Universe since Marvel Universe and Minimates are so in synch lately.

If only... then we would be getting mates of Nighthawk and Tigershark. Unless they are in the still mysterious wave 49...

If only... then we would be getting mates of Nighthawk and Tigershark. Unless they are in the still mysterious wave 49...

Uh, then DST, please make the figures Mattel is making. Thanks.

You're a professional now? I can't keep up with you lately.

I wasn't indicating myself as a professional. Just Digger's history as a professional is not exemplary. Personally he's always been incredibly nice and nothing but respectful, and an all around great guy. I just wouldn't give him any money.

Make sense?

I don't believe the line-up of Halo Series 5 has changed, but they do come with a ton of extra parts for customization, which has not been the case with earlier waves. I have packaged samples, Will shoot them soon.

And yes, I've been busy. Heading home now, might be quiet for much of the week.

Thanks for the halo info! I can't wait to see the extra parts!! (hopes they are flood parts)

great con this year, it may not seem like to some, but we got a lot of awesome mate news :D

i want to thank everyone at DST and Art Asylum for putting on a great show and for being so nice, i had an amazing time and it was one of the highlights of the con for me :)

Yeah, the only thing that made it feel a bit anti-climactic might be that a lot of the great exclusives were announced ahead of time (Alpha Flight and Thundercats specifically in my case). There really were lots of great new figures/lines that made their debut at SDCC this year.