UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012-Discussion Thread

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, then DST, please make the figures Mattel is making. Thanks.

If you mean MotU, then yeah. But I'm increasingly done with DC in general. I know, I know. "Bring back DC minimates." Unless they pick back up where they left off last time, not interested.

great con this year, it may not seem like to some, but we got a lot of awesome mate news :D

You make it sound like Match.com for geeks. :tongue:

this isnt Match.com for geeks? :unsure:

Check out this short film,

, that was shown at SDCC. Completely unofficial, but damn if it wasn't impressive!

“I wanted to make a fan film for a character I’ve always loved and believed in – a love letter to Frank Castle & his fans. It was an incredible experience with everyone on the project throwing in their time just for the fun of it. It’s been a blast to be a part of from start to finish — we hope the friends of Frank enjoy watching it as much as we did making it.” - Thomas Jane

Marvel Studios has regained the rights for both the Blade and Punisher movie franchises, so maybe this was Jane's attempt at an unofficial audition for another shot? This screams HBO series to me, I would love to see that happen.

Edited by youbastards

... I'm increasingly done with DC in general. I know, I know. "Bring back DC minimates." Unless they pick back up where they left off last time, not interested.

With the exception of Superman's classic costume, I don't see why they'd have to repeat any designs. Everybody else has enough changes in their looks that they probably wouldn't have any repeats.

Personally I'd offer DC 'mates based on TV shows, movies and video games and THEN maybe offer comic book versions, if only to put more distance between that and the DC Direct line.

That said, I wouldn't mind a "Best of" wave that I can ignore but allows new collectors to jump on board.

This screams HBO series to me, I would love to see that happen.

I'd like to see that happen with a lot of comic properties, specifically Batman. All things considered, we're probably more likely to see a Punisher show on Starz since Disney's in bed with them. Either way, great short! Thanks for sharing!

, that was shown at SDCC. Completely unofficial, but damn if it wasn't impressive!

“I wanted to make a fan film for a character I’ve always loved and believed in – a love letter to Frank Castle & his fans. It was an incredible experience with everyone on the project throwing in their time just for the fun of it. It’s been a blast to be a part of from start to finish — we hope the friends of Frank enjoy watching it as much as we did making it.” - Thomas Jane

Marvel Studios has regained the rights for both the Blade and Punisher movie franchises, so maybe this was Jane's attempt at an unofficial audition for another shot? This screams HBO series to me, I would love to see that happen.

Very awesome.

Okay, that was good. I always loved Thomas Jane's Punisher. I thought he was perfect.

Wow, that video really captures what a real life version of the Punisher would be like. Too bad it'll probably never happen like that.

And that's a real nice pic. Maybe we can all shoot for the biggest MMMV showing at C2E2 next year for the 10th anniversary of Marvel Minimates? I'll gladly pass out the 'Where's my Squirrel Girl?' shirts.

Wow, that video really captures what a real life version of the Punisher would be like. Too bad it'll probably never happen like that.

And that's a real nice pic. Maybe we can all shoot for the biggest MMMV showing at C2E2 next year for the 10th anniversary of Marvel Minimates? I'll gladly pass out the 'Where's my Squirrel Girl?' shirts.

I'll bring the Jack Daniels bottle.....suddenly Mjolnir is my third favourite must-have weapon of choice .

But you didn't correct Miry on "physique", TEN? (I assume that's what Miry was going for anyways?) What kind of spelling Nazi can you really be?

Eh, I didn't see that post. :tongue:

My "women with something extra" comment was in reply to your post about "not knowing something about the Cuckoos". :lol:

That 10 minutes was 10 times better than all of war zone!

"I wanted to make a fan film for a character I've always loved and believed in – a love letter to Frank Castle & his fans. It was an incredible experience with everyone on the project throwing in their time just for the fun of it. It's been a blast to be a part of from start to finish — we hope the friends of Frank enjoy watching it as much as we did making it." - Thomas Jane

That 10 minutes was 10 times better than all of war zone!

That was killer! :woot: Hope Marvel Studios was paying attention.

It's been a while, but I always thought Jane wasn't the problem with his Punisher movie, so much as a weak script and John "the ever overrated" Travolta hamming it up.

see, this is the kind of thing i want to see before every marvel film, Pixar has their shorts, so should Marvel (more so then usual).

this fan film was incredible and it was great of Tom Jane and Ron Pearlman to help put it together, i really hope we see more stuff like this in the future

also Issiah Mustafa's trailer for Luke Cage was a pretty great fan film :)

I miss Thomas Jane. I always liked his Punisher, and him not being in it was probably the main reason I never saw War Zone. This fan film of his is great and if they do bring back Frank Castle and it's not Jane, well that's just too bad. Great way to spend 20 minutes (I watched it twice)