UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012-Discussion Thread

Thanks as always for the great coverage Allen .....is it me or are we light on Marvel info at the moment ?

Yes and no... I mean, there's a lot of product to come out that they've already announced, but not a lot of news at the show. But I think DST's diversified a little more, and that other lines have a lot of their focus. So Marvel's not as dominant as in years past, which I think is a good thing.

Oh, and I expect you're already in negotiations for those test shots.:biggrin:

BTW, I don't think we've talked about it here, but did anyone else notice that DST showed off a Marvel Select Venom BUT IT'S NOT THE FLASH THOMPSON VERSION? (in best Nelson Muntz voice) Ha ha! Screw you, Lee Burns.

Edited by hellpop

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I expect you're already in negotiations for those test shots.:biggrin:

Outed ! Damn you hellpop! :ohmy:

Cute little fellow but not for me :no:

Amongst my collection of palZ I have two pre-production outhouse accessories for the FlukeMan ......I call them.... canyaguesscanyaguess?

The test shits .

post-638-0-44681100-1342356834_thumb.jpg

I reckon I have found a home for any further Rams that perhaps find their way here.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Those Panel shots are cool and as much as I'm mainly a 616 Marvel fan, the thundercat stuff for me is the best stuff shown.

On another note anyone else think that large Darksied shown has a hint of Thanos about it? http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-12-dc-collectibles-photos-from-saturday-6152/

BTW, I don't think we've talked about it here, but did anyone else notice that DST showed off a Marvel Select Venom BUT IT'S NOT THE FLASH THOMPSON VERSION? (in best Nelson Muntz voice) Ha ha! Screw you, Lee Burns.

I know I saw a better shot of him, but I can't remember where.

Anyways, you check out his facebook page yet? We get a Venom 4 packs, and the most amazing Marvel Select figure ever (4 heads, interchangeable hands) And does he offer a thank you? A moment of happiness. No. He doesn't even mention Venom at all. He starts railing about how Carnage gets no lone, and how DST sucks ass because they are the worst company ever. Because they listen to the fans. And give him exactly what he wants.

I hope this is a lesson to DST. Never cater to the fans. You'll get no gratitude. Just do what works.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Re: the poll. I know we didn't all get what we wanted out of it, but we're also much luckier than we know that we got any say in the wave at all. From the sound of it, Chuck was against the idea from the start, and Zach really had to go to bat for us fans to make it happen -- and it most likely won't be happening again. So, while I won't say nobody should be disappointed or voice that disappointment, it might be nice if we could temper some of that with appreciation for what Zach did for us. He really is the best sort of person we fans could have at a toy company.

A big thanks to mrjasontodd and storm 1:08 for their on the spot reports from the minimate panel. Well done gentlemen. :thumbsup:

• Other than Zemo(s) and Songbird, wave 50 is comprised of a lot of odd choices, but I am looking forward to any new minimates DST throws at us.
  • I love all the new accessories included in wave 48. The control art is off the hook awesome.
  • BB are shaping up to a big hit.
  • I'm curious which TCs will make the cut in boxed set #4 with Mumm-ra the ever living. And for sure Ma-mutt will be included with MR.
  • So I'm guessing that wave 49 will be IM3 and wave 51 Thor: Dark World?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Wow. Everything shown is amazing.

I really thought TRU Fantastic Four was going to be my definitive versions of Reed and Sue, but wave 48 has changed that. I love all of the new parts and pieces to show their powers and abilities! I still can't wait for Venom, wave 47 or Alpha Flight.

I can't believe how awesome Thundercats look. I didn't watch the cartoon growing up, so I had planned on skipping these... but it might be hard to pass them up.

Battle Beasts look fantastic, but I really try to stick with just Marvel (emphasis on try). Still, some really impressive designs.

Walking Dead doesn't really interest me, but they look good.

Tekken X Street Fighter look great and will hopefully lead to some new parts for Marvel characters. I may grab a few SF mates to go with the ones I'll get in MvC3.

Wave 50 is a mixed bag. It was a great opportunity and I'm glad Zach gave us the chance to pick the characters, I'm just not sure we picked the best characters. I'll grab a Zemo for sure, though.

I think that's everything. There was so much awesome stuff to look at. Thanks to everyone who reported on the DST panel and took pics of the display

Still working my way through this thread, but a few things.

We did not fix the fan poll. We kept the results secret so they would be a surprise, and because the exact breakdown between poll winners was uncertain, but Songbird was the hands down winner of her category. Unless someone figured out how to beat the system, she has a lot of fans. I don't know how many women are on the Multiverse, but there are plenty of female Marvel readers, and she was the only female character in the poll. (My bad.)

And Puppet Master comes with puppets.

1342372246[/url]' post='236998']

she was the only female character in the poll.

I don't read a LOT of X-Men, but is there something about the Stepford Cuckoos that I don't know?

Also hi Zach. We've missed you around here. Has SDCC been awesome for you, or just way too much work to be fun?

Edited by The Geohound

They might not have been my choices to win, but the fact that we were even given choices really still makes this a pretty special wave. I don't know any other company that will make an entire wave based on fan voting. One figure maybe, but not an entire wave. I think that puts to shame most of the other companies out there, especially the ones that barely listen to fans.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for CapWolf somewhere down the road though! :)

she was the only female character in the poll.

I don't read a LOT of X-Men, but is there something about the Stepford Cuckoos that I don't know?

Apparently they are highly flawed clones, or Emma's been using her telepathy to hide something for a long, long time. (she is one of the few characters in any universe to admit to having her physic "surgically enhanced" so... :unsure: )

Call that a case of "Damn you, Autocorrect"

I meant the only woman in poll #2, but the Cuckoos did not fare well in their own poll.

I don't believe the line-up of Halo Series 5 has changed, but they do come with a ton of extra parts for customization, which has not been the case with earlier waves. I have packaged samples, Will shoot them soon.

And yes, I've been busy. Heading home now, might be quiet for much of the week.

I missed the Minimates panel due to waiting for the Adventure Time experience outside of the convention hall, which was a colossal waste of time unfortunately.

Can anyone who went give me an overview of the style of minimate panels? I've read the bits of info posted by toynewsi.com, but I'm wondering more if these panels are purely just DST announcing what's upcoming plus some Q&A.

Do they talk about the design process much?

And I'm curious what the demographics of the audience is. Is it mostly filled with dudes or are there actually female minimates fans. And what is the age range of attendees? Are kids into minimates or is it mostly adult collectors like me?

Thanks.