UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012-Discussion Thread

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now we just need Squirrel Girl so Black Widow can say "Moose and Squirrel"

That would be worth the price of admission alone.

Dragon Man, of course! I can't believe I forgot about him. Yeah, Future Foundation Doom makes a lot of sense, especially since they have the new cape from the MvC one.

I seriously don't know what I'd do if they don't make FF Doom. You know, besides paint a cape white. Or maybe we'll see a Mad Thinker and his robot guy.

Yes, the Mad Thinker and the Awesome Android would also be good choices. Oh, and they could do the Wizard. And this would be a good place to pack in more Inhumans. Suddenly, I've gone from anticipating this wave to guaranteeing my own disappointment. That was fast.

I amy be overlooking but what was gave out at teh panel? lol

You are overreaching, yes. When people ask questions at the panel, they give them a randomly assorted Minimate from a bag of promos. Not new stuff. You're fine. You didn't miss out on a highly limited run of 5 GitD Battle Beasts. Chillax. :)

Thor 2 is now named: Thor: Dark World

Cap 2 is: Captain America: Winter Solider

Guardians of the Galaxy confirmed to have: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Gamora, Starlord, and Drax

ANTMAN unfinished footage shown

Edited by undeadpool

I amy be overlooking but what was gave out at teh panel? lol

You are overreaching, yes. When people ask questions at the panel, they give them a randomly assorted Minimate from a bag of promos. Not new stuff. You're fine. You didn't miss out on a highly limited run of 5 GitD Battle Beasts. Chillax. :)

haha, took my son to a airshow today and i literally had mild panic attacks every 5 mins :(

I'm pfficially more excited for Mumm-Ra the Ever Living than any other single toy. Ever. And yet, HE'LL COME WITH THREE OER TOYS!!!!

so no one thinks sue's invisble bubble is the coolest thing ever?

To quote Ronnie: "Da, one of"

I prefer the bust

and the Ben bust is another. Brilliantly done. I didn't care a lick about this wave, now I'm in!

I love how they took a wave of FF and made them completely amazing. It's that kind of touch that makes me think DST is just hitting their stride. When you can take lack-luster characters that have been done several times before and still amaze people with new versions, you prove you know how to stay relevant. Well, that is except for Trek. I'm not sure how you make that different and interesting any more.

Exactly!

Thor 2 is now named: Thor: Dark World

Cap 2 is: Captain America: Winter Solider

Hmmm,....

Yes, the Mad Thinker and the Awesome Android would also be good choices. Oh, and they could do the Wizard. And this would be a good place to pack in more Inhumans. Suddenly, I've gone from anticipating this wave to guaranteeing my own disappointment. That was fast.

Is that the Mad Thinker in the backgound with an apron and heavy leather mitts, from the photo thread, back left?

Happy news all around. Wonder why the TRU stuff coudn't be announced.

I would have rathered Wrecker or Falcon over Onslaught, but otherwise I'm very happy with the choices...

Of course, now Spikey Thing is free to go in the TRU FF wave... just sayin'

No problem guys. The Internet on my phone cut back out right after the panel so I couldn't answer anything.

Yes, if I recall correctly he did say "Go out with a bang" for Halo.

Man... Wave 50 ended up being LARGELY disappointing to me. Songbird and Ketch I WANT, Onslaught I'll get (and, of course, whoever he comes with). Everyone else? Meh.

Let's see - Zemo is with Nova Corps, so I can skip both of those packs. That means Songbird COULD be with Onslaught, in which case I might skip Ketch (unless her miraculously has a cycle). This pairing would make seen, as Onslaught made the T-Bolts possible.

Ultimately very disappointed with the results, but it's all good. I hope the wave does well, and I hope my choices end up made somewhere along the way.

Series 50:

Danny-it was my most wanted mate from the line up

Cyborg spidey-could do without him but i like the design

songbird-it will make me buy the dark avengers and thunderbolts box sets

zemo(es)-yes!yes!YES!!

nova corps-hells yeah baybee!!

onslaught-If he is bulked up he is gonna be so awesome.

Overall,the only character i don't like to much is songbird.But it's a good lineup.Though i would have preffered a luke cage or a winter soldier or falcon.

Just adding some more stuff to mrjasontodd's report (who, by the way, didn't meet up with the other multiversers outside after the panel *cough cough* :tongue: )

Panelists: Zach (marketing supervisor), Chuck (director), Digger (creator of minimates), Jason Wires (head product painter)

-Zach admits to being dumber this year than last year as he couldn't get the slideshow feature to work on his Mac. Audience member told him how to do it and deemed her the new marketing supervisor of DST!

-Marvel vs Capcom wave 3 is final wave in the line.

-Munsters vehicle. Can't remember if it was the BW figure or the color figure but the face changed from originally planned sad to happy. But Zach mentioned that in the episode he lost the race, he had a sad face so it would have been appropriate.

-This year is the 10th anniversary of minimates. Next year is the 10th anniversary of Marvel minimates.

-Not sure if this was known before but it was mentioned that Colossus has a fastball special hand to throw Wolverine.

-TRU wave 14 Miles/Ult Cap, Havok/Storm (to round out outback X-Men), Box/Vindicator (to round out Alpha Flight), Iron Man (before Extremis armor)/Rhino.

-Marvel wave 48 Torch has a flame base. Invisible Woman has a force field base.

-Will get control art soon on wave 50.

-Star Trek Enterprise. Command chair possibly removable to display it next to the ship.

-Video of new Pirate Raiders stop motion shown. Chuck actually hasn't seen it yet. Ends in cliffhanger with 2nd half possibly shown at NYCC.

-Basically Vanes goes to meet Madusa. No one lived after seeing Madusa's stare other than Calico Jack. Madusa give Vanes a magical periscope(?) to find Calico Jack. Vanes is shown on the GITD ship and ends with him looking into the periscope and Calico Jack being shown in periscope.

-Same guy who does the Marvel Super Heroes: What The--?! videos did it. Zach used to work with him for Twisted Toy Fair

Q&A

Anyone who asks a question gets a chance to grab a promo from a bag, which includes translucent blue Vorin, gold Vorin, and Agent 88 promos.

-Will see more animals in Battle Beasts line other than the scorpions and spiders.

-Calico Jack on hold for now. Focusing on Battle Beasts.

-DST doesn't have license for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom but hopes SFxTekken will fill holes in the Street Fighter side.

-Kirk in the Enterprise set is a new mold and design. The Enterprise is going to test the market and will focus on the TV properties and not the recent movie reboot.

-Doesn't seem likely there will be another fan poll as Chuck seems against it even though Zach fought hard for it. Maybe for Marvel wave 100? But they are looking at the voting data for future consideration of sets.

-No DC.

-No Mars Attacks minimates but Chuck admits that it'd be cool.

-DST has seen the new Marvel Now designs and are looking for ways to work them into series when possible.

-Thundercats are only 4 packs.

-Extra pieces, parts sets only? Chuck says no but is looking into packs of the bases but no blank bodies.

-No vehicles for Thundercats planned.

-Current Battle Beasts line not related to old line. Want to focus on the minimate aspect of interchangeability. So can make hybrid minimate creatures.

-He-Man? GI Joe? Other 80s properties? GI Joe and Transformers won't happen. But DST does lots of design work that may or may not happen.

Kickstarter trailer for Digger's Agent 88 movie shown.

Raffle prize revealed! 2 Vorin test shots! Don't think the winner is part of the MMMV but graciously offered a couple of quick pics!

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG