UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NES Nintendo Entertainment System

I also collect video games. Love regular Nintendo. Have gotten into some new games on the system as I've gotten older. I really enjoy Arcade games that were ported to the system and have recently experienced unlicensed games like the Tengen produced games.

Some of my current and all time faves are:

Joust

Bubble Bobble

Punisher (Marvel's)

F15 Strike Eagle (Unlicensed)

Toobin' (Unlicensed)

Rolling Thunder (Unlicensed)

King of Kings (Unlicensed)

North and South

Anybody play those or what are some of you other faves?

I want to get an unlicensed game called Death Race based off the classic movie.

I managed to find the Mission Impossible game at Goodwill of all places. Believe it or not I think it's actually a lot of fun. I dunno if it's supposed to be one of the bad NES games or not. Hmm. And it was in its original box too. Not a bad find I'd say.

I went into a video game buying frenzy the past 3 years (Once I realized how easy it is to fix old NES systems :) )

Here's my 3 favorites from that system:

Tiger-Heli

T&C Surf Designs

Excitebike

Other good games:

Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Bionic Commando

Duck Hunt

TMNT 2 and up

Any Mario Games (Mario Bros and Super 1-3)

I really loved the Wizards & Warriors games as a kid. Also

Super Mario Bros 2 & 3

Tetris

Dr. Mario

A Boy And His Blob

Duck Hunt

Deja Vu

I remember playing the first Ninja Turtles game a lot, but parts of it being stupid frustrating.

Oh and the unlicensed Dizzy NES game. Anthropomorphic egg wearing boxing gloves. Adapted from a weird British game series.

Edited by battlecat

I always enjoyed TMNT 2+3 because that was during the golden years of my childhood, but the very first TMNT is cemented in my head as the "best" because it was one of the only games I had when I first got my NES as an 8 year old. I would logically agree that it was inferior to later installments, but emotionally speaking, it holds a solid spot in my heart.

That, and the first Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, since that was the only game I could consistently beat time and again, haha.

Blaster Master and Defender of the Crown round out my collection of all time faves... although I could never beat either of those without the use of a Game Genie :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Man, looooove me some Bubble Bobble. Also Base Wars. My favorite baseball game of all time. And then the TMNT games, contra, battle toads, all that stuff. Man, now I have to go dig my NES out and play some stuff.

YES!!!!! Base Wars is f-ing awesome. I wish they'd release it for the Virtual Console. :(

Did you guys ever play Ghostbusters on NES? God, I was so disappointed after paying $50 for that one. I wheedled and whined and cajoled my mom into getting it for me, then I finally got it and realized it was just... reckless driving and walking up interminable staircases. After about an hour, I sheepishly asked my mom if we could go back to Toys R Us to return it, and she just stared daggers at me.

I love me some NES, my collection is something like this:

Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 & 3

Megaman 2,3,4,5 & 6

Final Fantasy

Friday the 13th

Kirby's Dream Land

Gaunlet (Tengen)

Pacman (Tengen)

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest

Also, my SNES collection is smaller, but fierce:

Super Metroid (my all-time favorite game)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Megaman X

Donkey Kong Country

Super Mario World

Super Bomberman (for Super Famicom; Still works on SNES though)

also, Super Gameboy.

You can also check your local thrift/goodwill store, there's no guarantee the SNES will work, but typically they can be had for $9-$25 each when they have them (at least out by me, I assume most Goodwills have similar prices)