UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Emergency Help Londoners!

Aapje

Hey guys,

I just arrived in London and went to our hotel, the Athena Palace, and apperantly we where conned...The hotel is not in use anymore...

If anyone from London knows a hotel, motel or b&b not too pricey for last minute applications, we would really appreciate it.

Kinda panicing here...

So if anyone knows something, please help.

We can stay at some lady's place who helped us out tonight, but for the rest of the week, we kinda have a problem...

My E-mail is supa_indo@hotmail.com and my current mobile phone number is 06-47282475, so you can text me...

Thanks and i hope you can help

Edited by Aapje

just seen this Aapje, horrible news, I'm sorry, having a think now...

have had a quick look, and found the following

London Eye Hostel; I'm sure it isn't what you had in mind when coming over here, but it seems they have room available from about £20 a night, per person. It is close to Lambeth North tube station

London Eye

this is their telephone number... 020 7582 3088

I'm sorry I can't be more help, living in a city does mean one doesn't have very good knowledge of the hotels. I will try and look some more. How long are you supposed to be staying in the city?

Thanks man :)

Yeah, i kinda panicked last night, cause well, you just don't expect this kind of stuff. Really weird.

And than in the shop next to it at around 11 o clock just some random lady offers us some help and a place to stay...Well thats even weirder and a little suspecious, but it all worked out okay.

Today we will be looking for a new place to stay until next wednesday(we're for exactly a week)

Really really thanks for the help, mate, i didnt know where to turn :thumbsup:

Keep us updated! I will try and think at work.

As long as you have internet access it shouldn't be 'too' difficult to track something. I can only imagine if this was a week or so later!

Not a funny situation at all Aapje but if it's any consolation at least you're with friends !

I'm not completely London savvy myself but a rule of thumb would be that the closer you're to the centre the more expensive it will be to stay . Ady's link may well be helpful.... try going to the main page & find something that suits your wallet...I just can't see it's going to be cheap though wherever you're going but something should turn up.

PM me if you want specific help but bear in mind you're probably closer to Holland than you are to me .

Take care, don't panic & make the best of it.....easy to say but it usually works for me .

You're all too special, you're the best!

When we woke up yesterday, we hadn't really had time to check the internet, i only saw dj's post.

So at the end of the afternoon, we've found another b&b alot further down the road, a little more expensive than dj's suggestion, but the familie was too tired to move any further, so we took this b&b.

It all worked out eventually :)

But the strangest thing was that someone still was living in there...

Yeah, i'm lovin it here!

Too bad the forbidden planet only has the Shadow Land Daredevil/Elektra pack and the White Tiger/Hand packs.

But there's alot of other nice toys there :D

I didn't reply but had been keeping a very close eye on this thread. Very pleased you got it all sorted and have had time to enjoy the city.

Called FP only having those Shadowlands mates!

I just saw this and very curious how you were conned into staying at a place that was closed and of poor quality. I'll be traveling to Europe next year and have been using the travel sites to book places.

BTW Those hand ninja's always seem to sell quickly on ebay as long as you're not trying to get more than 15.00 USD for a non-variant.

@Rad: Well, we've booked it trough a pretty good dutch website, but the store next door said that it was closed about 5 months ago, but like i said its a pretty good website so thats very weird...

Still want to kick some arses now that i think about it

@Dj87: Well, it was funny cause the guy that worked there was saying like oh its an very exclusive toy and we're not getting any in for the next month and i was like, dude please shut up now. I'm a member of the international collectors forum specifically for these toys, so don't be a smart-ass :P

And than he just continued his story

But the last day i went to the FP again and they suddenly had the white tiger variant and the knight rider pack too...Oh and i got a the minimate sized batsignal everybody has too

@Highassroller: I think that you're okay if you use sites that have a lot of feedback from other people that went there and when you're in the city/village that the hotel is, you just call first. And if you're going to Amsterdam, PM me when you're there ;)

I think i'll keep the Hand figures for myself and maybe trade a few with you guys

@TBT!: Maybe next time when I'm going to the UK, we could have a UK Meetup with all the UK members? And grab a pint!