UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Arkham Origins – Arkham Asylum prequel

MisterPL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see games taking a bit of a note out of LEGO Batman's book and introducing such fantastic characters. I was almost afraid they didn't exist in that universe. After all, we never saw Superman in Arkham City. And you'd think that Superman would show up to help in a crapsack situation like that one.

In other words...

F**K YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

i can die happy if this is true :D

i had a bet going with a friend that the sequel to Arkham would be a prequel, since the ending (wont spoil it for people who have YET to play Arkham City) and this is just gravy :D im hoping while in the silver age, this will still follow the style of the game, since my guess was the prequel would be along the lines of Year One, in the Gotham of the Animated Series, and it seems like thats exactly what they are going for here :D

This doesn't necessarily mean that it is in the same "universe" as Arkham, though. Same company, but this one will be "highly stylized" and really doesn't fit in with the Arkham timeline--which was modern day--considering this takes place in the '50s.

It does say "inspired," but even there, if you've got characters acting like they did in the '50s, then they won't mesh very well with the gritty, modern behavior of characters in the other games.

Edited by karamazov80

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Idk how I feel about this honestly. I adore every era of Batman about as much as one can love comics, but I dislike every other member of the Justice League so much it's ridiculous. That being said, once I see how deep their involvement goes i'll proceed with the decision of buying this or not. The aesthetics of the game should be great either way ^_^

Idk how I feel about this honestly. I adore every era of Batman about as much as one can love comics, but I dislike every other member of the Justice League so much it's ridiculous. That being said, once I see how deep their involvement goes i'll proceed with the decision of buying this or not. The aesthetics of the game should be great either way ^_^

Really? You're not a fan of the rest of the league? Interesting. I wasn't too big a fan of them until I saw some of the DCAU Justice League show. Then I got the complete series and I am now an addict.

I never cared for the League until the DCAU except for two characters: Batman and Superman. Something about them just defined two things about humanity for me... In a way Batman is the pinnacle of what humanity CAN be and Superman is the pinnacle of what humanity WANTS to be.

Edited by Trekker 42

• 7 months later...

Batman: Arkham City Orgins Coming Later THis Year!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176063-batman-arkham-origins-coming-this-year

Rumors began circulating last year that the next entry in the "Arkham" games would be an origin story and Game Informer has revealed that those rumors were in fact true. Titled Batman: Arkham Origins, the game will take place before the previous two games in the series and will detail Batman's first time meeting with several characters. One of the developers on the game described its plot as follows:

"Eight of the best assassins in the world have come to Gotham City for one night, Christmas Eve of all nights, to kill the Bat."

Though not confirmed, it would appear the game will take place in and around Gotham City in an open-world environment like the previous game, "Arkham City."

Fans will notice that the biggest difference between this and the previous "Arkham" games is that Rocksteady is not developing the title. Instead, Warner Bros. Games Montreal has been given the reigns of the franchise. Batman: Arkham Origins will be available for the Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 25, 2013.

They've also announced that the first handheld entry in the franchise will be available on the same day. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate will launch for the 3DS and PS Vita and is a different experience that picks up after the events of Batman: Arkham Origins.

batmanarkhamoriginslogo.jpg

arkham_origins.jpg

Edited by ApexPredator

Weeeeeelllll...

As long as the writing stays strong as it was in the first two, this has potential.
Now who could the eight assassins be? Deathstroke's one. Maybe Deadshot even though he was in City. Ra's is another option but his story in City would be hard to top. However exploring Batman's first meeting with Talia has potential. I think we might be able to count her in too.

So let's see... Deathstroke, Deadshot, and Talia Al Ghul. Who else would you guys think?

Mos Def Lady Shiva

Possibly Cassandra Cain

Maybe (at a long shot) Richard Dragon

I am really hoping Killer Moth is in this game.

I also want an Earth-19 (pre new 52) costume skin. Gotham by Gaslight!

Edited by pickle

SUPER excited for this game, as long as they keep the mechanics of the other games as well as a good story and designs, it wont matter that rocksteady isnt a part of it, though right now im bracing myself

as for the eight assassins...

so Deathstroke is confirmed

I'd say Lady Shiva is almost a definite

Deadshot (in full costume) seems likely

A Talon would be really cool and would fit (though it would have to have a new origin)

Lobo would be my top want but is super unlikely biggrin.png

Cheshire is a big possibility

Copperhead is a possibility

KGBeast is big possibility

Phantasm could be very likely due to all the TAS relations in the Arkham series

Sportsmaster is a possibility but may not be likely due to Deathstroke already being in

Bane may be considered an assassin in this, but Im kinda hoping he isnt

Ravager is a possibility but again not likely due to Deathstroke

Black Spider would be awesome

if this is actually the League of Shadows then this could be where Bruce meets Talia, but I dont think they could top Rha's involvement in Arkham City

also Hush isnt a possibility since Tommy didnt become Hush until the events of Arkham City, I doubt Red Hood will be a choice since we havent even seen them mention Jason in the games and I feel thats something that needs its own build up

Other possibilities: (i'll update this as I think of them)

1. Catman

Edited by undeadpool

More information regarding the Plot and game Details

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/assassinating-batman-in-arkham-origins

As previously noted, the Dark Knight will face eight assassins, including fan favorite Deathstroke, who have journeyed to Arkham City to kill him. We now know that Black Mask is responsible for putting a bounty on Batman's head, though exactly why will be a key mystery in the game's story. Also playing into the plot - Gotham City's acclimation to its rookie protector. Players will not only see a much more skeptical and potentially hostile Gotham City Police Department (aka the 'GCPD', which happens to feature a young Captain Jim Gordon), but younger and healthier versions of big bad guys like the Penguin - who apparently didn't always have the tail end of a glass bottle shoved in one eye.

Arkham Origins will feature similar gameplay to its predecessors, as new developer WB Montreal is very much intent on picking up where Rocksteady left off. That means perch-to-perch movement, gliding kicks and 'free-form combat' are all back. While the Montreal studio was free to develop its plot and new feature (like a 'Remote Claw', which allows you to target and pull two objects together), it leaned on Rocksteady for advice on technical and mechanical elements of the game.

Another new feature - quick travel via the airborne Batwing. Though not a controllable vehicle, Arkham Origins will finally eliminate one of the more tedious elements from Asylum and City, allowing Batman to move from point to point much faster than before - - provided he dismantles towers that jam his ability to call in his plane. (Unlike, say, Far Cry 3, these tower sequences will require a wide variety of skills and powers, including some that will have to be unlocked first.) It's a good thing Montreal is providing the Dark Knight with a quick method of transport - WB Montreal contends that Origins is nearly twice the size of Arkham City, adding an entirely new island, called 'New Gotham', to build upon the more familiar 'Old Gotham', which will still feature familiar locations like Amusement Mile and The Bowery.

The Montreal team intends to maintain the same world "density" despite doubling its size, adding ideas like 'Crime in Progress' (assist the GCPD and build your reputation) and 'Most Wanted' (track down non-assassin villains). In many cases these side quests will provide the upgrades to Batman's arsenal. These upgrades, combined with the game's existing XP system, funnel into the larger concept of the 'Dark Knight' system, which is basically the team's way of progressively adding more complexity and difficulty to Origins.

Origins will also put more emphasis on Batman's detective skills. Cases large and small will serve as a slower change of pace from action, allowing players to investigate crime scenes, gather evidence, analyze data and even return to those scenes with more information later in the game. Over time, as each case is solved, a full video narrative of the case will unlock, piecing together the crime.

absolutely loved the first two and these one only seems to be getting better

on the whole 8 assassins thing, i don't think we necessarily need to be thinking of assassin type characters and simply that they have been hired to assassinate batman.

with the whole Christmas eve thing in mind Calendar Man seems highly likely.

depending how far back this goes i expect either a late Dick Grayson robin or early Nightwing with the death of jason todd imminent (thatd be a big way for the joker to kick off if this will be his first appearance)

finally, I expect batgirl to make appearance possibly with a Killing Joke type story?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just gonna drop this here

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45585

my faith in this game has been pretty much restored, and I guess its been announced that Conroy will be back as Batman? though it hasnt been officially confirmed by the people working on Origins