UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MUSIC!!!

I wanted to talk music, so I brought back an old thread. Let's see, my favorite bands, in a particulate-but-not-too-much-so order are:

1. the pillows

2. Trocadero

3. Green Day

4. My Chemical Romance

5. Weird Al

Pillows is f'n God Music! One of my favorites, too...

Oh yeah... FLCL fan I take it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta drop in and say these bands need more pimping and people listening to them

cold war kids (funky indie rock)

wolfmother (this generations black sabbath)

tv on the radio (funky blues, rock, mixture)

the mess hall ( a two man rolling stones)

the white stripes ( two loud rocking people)

• 3 weeks later...

For me, its Blink 182 (an all of their spin-off bands), fallout boy, project rocket, and othere like that. Rock On!

Patriot

Wow, I don't normally post in threads like this because I'm normally alone, but I mainly only listen to Contemporary and Rock Christian. My all time favorite band is Third Day with Casting Crowns coming in a close second. I also love Chris Tomlin who is by far the best songwriter of our time. I will continue not to post in this thread now. Thanks :). neo

Wow, I don't normally post in threads like this because I'm normally alone, but I mainly only listen to Contemporary and Rock Christian. My all time favorite band is Third Day with Casting Crowns coming in a close second. I also love Chris Tomlin who is by far the best songwriter of our time. I will continue not to post in this thread now. Thanks :). neo

Hey neo

could you send me a link to these bands or a hook up with some of their songs?...I am pretty open to listening to anything and find that christen rock can sometimes be pretty kisk ass

and on another note are there any pixies fans here? I am looking for a song I think they did about a guy in birkenstocks(sp?) can anybody help me out

EDIT - whoops..it wasnt the pixies duh it was NOFX my bad lol

Jeff of the Minis

Lately, I've been rocking out to 3 main things: Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne and the 1983-2003 Metallica stuff. To me, ever sense Newstead quit, Metallica has been pretty weak.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently I am one of the minority who like Hip Hop but I'll listen to just about anything I drive around most of the day for work (in a truck with no cd player) and we don't have a good Hip Hop radio station in my town so I mostly listen to the rock station sometimes classic rock and sometimes country.When I'm In my car I listen to The Game or T.I. Oh and The White Stripes they kick ass.

Pretty standard stuff for me:

The mighty Dragonforce

Nightwish

Within Temptation

The Divine Comedy

NOFX

Billy Talent

Lacuna Coil

The Wildhearts

The Darkness

Darling Violetta

All that sort of stuff - usually mixed up on teh iPod.

Jo

Right now, I'm always listening to The Arcade Fire (Canadian Indie rock band) and ... The Beatles :tongue: :lol: .

Glomit

JulesLuvsJethroTull, and spent a decade collecting their entire back catalogue! :biggrin:

My husband and I have probably now got close on 1,500 CDs covering a very broad range from opera, Jazz, blues, classical, pop, rock, folk, TV & movie themes, Futurist, Punk, New Wave, New Romantic, Buddhist chants (oh yeah!)...you name it we probably have it somewhere, but what you won't find is anything by Elvis, Country & Western, or Christian Rock/pop.

We play music all the time, and we each have our own likes and dislikes. My 15 year-old daughter often dips into our collection and samples stuff, and her picks can be surprising: recently she picked out Never Forever by Kate Bush to play in the kitchen. My husband has finally passed through his Kaiser Cheifs phase, but that was preferable to his Blackmore's Night phase. :glare:

I'm currently listening a lot to Corrine Bailey Rae, and my hubby just tracked down the new(ish) Amy Winehouse for me so I can hop around the kitchen sing "I don't wanna got to rehab.........."

The other two can't stand Amy Winehouse............ :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Much like my toy collection I'm all over the place :P But something I'm consistently listening to in the truck is Merle Haggard(My dog Max loves that shit) and Johnny Cash. Throw in a little bit of the 80's and some classic Rock and that's pretty much what's in the cd player :thumbsup:

newest add to my cd collection

arcade fire

both funeral and neon bible... fantastic cds

yeah theyre pretty good!

picked up the new motion city soundtrack, and im really glad they didnt do a hellogoodbye

was also listening to the new drop kick murphays, just havent downloaded it yet

anybody pick up the new fould glory screen to stero 2? ive only heard kiss me, and it made a gay song pretty sweet!