UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles 3 3/4" figures

I've been waiting years for DC Direct to offer 3 3/4" figures. I knew they had prototypes sitting on their shelves long ago but the powers that be never did anything with them.

Now DC Collectibles is offering a 2-pack of fully articulated 3 3/4" scale Green Lantern figures as SDCC exclusives. I can't say I'm thrilled about that part of the news but hopefully they'll be made available after the show through their online venue.

Check out the video here.

Here's a pic of Kilowog:

544437_10151077748590071_215506613_n.jpg

It looks like he might have a cut joint at the gloves. Harder to tell on his left arm but the right might reveal it. I agree that the ab articulation is a bit much but for some reason it's not bothering me.

Geez. And I just inadvertently gave up collecting Star Wars figures in this scale because I haven't been able to find any since January. Maybe the universe was preparing me for this.

Actually, yeah, they do blow now. Read on:

G4’s “X-Play” got the first look at the new Con Exclusive from DC Collectibles – an all-new Green Lantern two-pack action figure set that will only be available to San Diego Comic-Con attendees. The DC Comics Super Heroes Kyle Rayner & Kilowog Action Figure 2-Pack is the first in an entirely new line of action figures sized at 3.75” from DC Collectibles. This new scale will only be available at conventions. Priced at $25 for the set, the figures are super-poseable and very detailed. Make sure to stop by the Graphitti Designs booth (#2315) during the convention to get your exclusive 2-Pack set and keep an eye out for other 3.75” figure exclusives from DC Collectibles at future conventions! And don’t miss the DC Collectibles panel on Thursday, July 12 from 1:00 – 2:00pm in Room 5AB.

Twenty-fives bucks is about what I expected. However, I certainly didn't expect the ENTIRE LINE to be a convention exclusive. That sucks balls, and not in the fun way.

I'll give them props for trying something new and for making something people seem interested in buying. Hopefully the "only at conventions" thing is a way to gauge interest and build excitement for an eventual launch at retail.

EDIT: Forgot about DC Collectibles' website relaunch this year with the emphasis on selling things directly to the consumer. An online exclusive 3 3/4" figure line would be a good fit for that.

Edited by boyd

That's... interesting.

Does DC even know how to fight Marvel these days? Can they do anything but loose? Are they the new France?

DC's been clobbering Marvel for much of the year. They've been France for many years, but now they're... I dunno, England? This metaphor is failing for me.

Photos:

http://www.actionfig...llectibles-3-34

Looks like they're sticking to Green Lanterns for now (since we all know GL figures in this size have a great track record...:rolleyes:). According to AFI, these might not be con exclusives after all:

The new DCC 3.75″ line MIGHT NOT end up as a con only line. They want to hear the feedback on that at the show. If this first set sells really well at the show they will know there is a market for it. They started out with the Green Lantern universe, but they plan to expand it to their on line stores. But the "Con Only" is not set in stone.
Edited by hellpop

Cool! Though the artic needs work. Why an ab crunch (and an oddly shapped one at that) if you've got a ball jointed chest? Overkill. And he NEEDS wrist artic. Besides that, looking good!

Looks like he does. Like most of DC's gloved figures, he has glove cuts and shin cuts. He's got the whole shebang, along with an amazing sculpt.

Shame they're con-only for now. DC needs this scale to work, and they look wonderful.

Oh, and still here, just working a lot. Hey, guys! :lol:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Oh, joy, the only figures I would want from such a line. Couldn't have been any other faction of characters, could it? Had to be Lanterns. Thanks, DCC. I'm totally financially well off to afford an overpriced, hard to get series. :rolleyes:

I really hope the "con only" thing doesn't hold. I'm already looking at spending $50 for Kyle & 'Wog (couldn't find anyone at the show to grab me one, BBTS is the only place I've found selling it online - for twice the price). I can't do that for every 2-pack of such small figures. :confused:Especially when Chicago cons keeps getting ignored by every collectible toy company when it comes to exclusives (I understand Wizard's burned too many bridges, but isn't C2E2 run by the same people as NYCC/SDCC?).

Edited by TENIME_art

I would bet that you'll be able to find the older exclusives at other shows, Ten. Most of the smaller (not Mattel and Hasbro) companies usually bring their leftovers along when they do other shows. My thinking is that, if DCC is going to do this as a con-only line, they'll have stock of the older figures on hand. I'd be shocked if this set sold out at the show, considering how late it was announced, and I feel confident in saying you'll be able to get it at either C2E2 or on DCC's site.

I would bet that you'll be able to find the older exclusives at other shows, Ten. Most of the smaller (not Mattel and Hasbro) companies usually bring their leftovers along when they do other shows. My thinking is that, if DCC is going to do this as a con-only line, they'll have stock of the older figures on hand. I'd be shocked if this set sold out at the show, considering how late it was announced, and I feel confident in saying you'll be able to get it at either C2E2 or on DCC's site.

I hope you're right. :confused:

• 3 months later...

The new pack has atrocitus/john stewart and while looking at reviews i really liked it!Does anybody know a place where i can buy them from?

Also the line will remain con exclusive for 2013 and they'll re-evaluate it in 2014.The next set is guy/larfazee.

i found a store which sells them.It's called graphitti.It has the kyle set in stock and the atroictus pack will be in stock when the show ends!

Edited by Kostisfire

Yep, GD are the one's that handle the con's exclusives. Much easier ordering them than standing in line for a raffle to buy them. I did that a few years ago in San Diego and wasn't too happy.