UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel creates new superhero team!

MisterPL

I just noticed that. I couldn't believe it when I read it... Squirrel Girl?! I mean, Doop, yeah. He's got "Leading Man" written all over him, especially with that accent. But Squirrel Girl?

<_<

Blasphemer.

I'm just thankful that at least Marvel and NECA have finally seen the light whereas DST hasn't even discussed her. Frankly, I'm disappointed and have come to expect more from them.

But since Ma Hunkel is DC, your arguement is moot. And really, the only way you could get me to like Ma Hunkel is if someone found an unreleased Ma Hunkel movie with Bea Arthur in the lead role. Then I'd be all over it. Especially if it was rated R.

Edited by groundhog7s

I think you'd have to go with Nicki Clyne (Cally from BSG). She's the obvious choice now that Bea has passed on.

Nope, you are wrong. The correct casting for Squirrel Girl is Kristen Schaal, 'Mel' from Flight of the Conchords!

img2_mel.jpg

My wife just called to say that her and my daughter just finished up a batch of squirrel-shaped cookies that'll go out in tomorrow's mail. If that doesn't get some discussion about SG going at DST I don't know what will.

Hey, congrats on that Cease & Desist letter from DST, please frame it and post pix, that will be a cool addition to the "Minimates pix you don't want to see" thread. :highfive2:

No, Kristen Schaal is the right choice. She can do no wrong in my eyes. We have a close friend who reminds us a lot of KS (she once wrote a graduate-level paper on depression that didn't once use the word "depression") who can be... wait for it... a little squirrelly.

I wonder, though, if this might actually be an impediment to getting Squirrel Girl or Doop Minimates? What if NECA has exclusive rights to these characters?

I think the fact that we're having a conversation on who would play Squirrel Girl in a movie is a sign of how easily she can attract attention with people once they decide to have a real conversation about her.

Hey, congrats on that Cease & Desist letter from DST, please frame it and post pix, that will be a cool addition to the "Minimates pix you don't want to see" thread.

Hey, it took six years for a Kang Minimate to get made and I'm betting no one sent in Kang-shaped cookies. I'm just trying to speed up the timetable and if takes a little prison time to do it I think I can live with that.

If Hellcat joins, then I will have to forge an unholy alliance with Groundhog to get Minimates made from this group. But know this. . .once those Minimates get produced, we will be mortal enemies once again!

I think the fact that we're having a conversation on who would play Squirrel Girl in a movie is a sign of how easily she can attract attention with people once they decide to have a real conversation about her.

Hey, congrats on that Cease & Desist letter from DST, please frame it and post pix, that will be a cool addition to the "Minimates pix you don't want to see" thread.

Hey, it took six years for a Kang Minimate to get made and I'm betting no one sent in Kang-shaped cookies. I'm just trying to speed up the timetable and if takes a little prison time to do it I think I can live with that.

The irony is that in prison, your nickname will be "Squirrel Girl" but for a completely different reason...