UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dave's Customs massive update now with more MOTU stuff

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've made He-Man, Skeletor, Tri-Klops and Stratos using the parts from you and that other guy, Dave. I'll be doing Trap-Jaw and Man-at-Arms eventually too. If anyone's ever been on the fence about Shapeways parts, you should definitely give them a try.

There's no such thing as out of stock; they are all print to order. I know the furry trunks you're talking about, and I think they must have been designed but not submitted because they have never been available for purchase that I've seen.

I bought the furry trunks recently. For some reason Shapeways keeps changing them to unavailable. Once painted the furry trunks don't really look any different than the normal trunks Keldor offers. The furry detail is so minute that once you paint it you really can't see it. I still need to order the Trapjaw and Mer-man parts, plus finish my Tri-clops, Stratos, and a few others.

Dave, what base minimate did you use for your X-23? Did you have to completely paint it, or is there a minimate that had colors that matched up? Also, do you happen to have the chest decal design that you can share?

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn Dave, you are doing a tremendous job with the Masters of the Universe! I finished off Skeletor the other day, and he looks great; I've got to finish the eyes on Tri-Klops, but I'm very happy with him as well. Gotta get the Trap Jaw parts next.

I was wondering if you might be able to do Aztek's helmet; he's a cult DC Comics hero, created by Grant Morrison, if you're not familiar with him. Here's what he looks like:

Aztek_h.jpg

He has a Justice League Unlimited figure that might be a great reference point. I'd appreciate it!

post-6392-0-27197000-1436496136_thumb.jp Something like this?