UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where I can get the SDCC 2012 series 1 boxset? I was late on this series, as I am on most toy purchases and am now in desperate search of one. I have found one on Amazon for 99. I realize that's not the greatest source but I have seen nothing on eBay and have no idea what these are going for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That might be as close as there is to a standard. Surprised there is so little on eBay.

Loose set of three (no Jaga) starts at $50:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thundercats-Minimates-SDCC-2012-LION-O-PANTHRO-MUMM-RA-SNARF-Loose-RARE-HTF-/131083666209?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e85320321

Loose Jaga is yours for $10:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thundercats-Classic-Minimates-2012-SDCC-Thundercats-1-Jaga-/121050408318?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c2f2aa57e

Have you checked the Flea Market for trades or sellers?

Edited by DSTZach

• 6 months later...

So are the Thundercats minimates officially done with? I would love to see another two or three sets.

Snowman and Snowmeow

Hachiman

Safari Joe

Evil Lion-O (Mum-ra disguised as Lion-O). He could come with a regular Lion-O head and one with glowing eyes. That way people that can't find a series 1 Lion-O would be able to have one.

Lunataks set:

Luna

Amok

Tug Mug

Chilla

Beserkers set:

Hammerhand

Topspinner

Ram Bam

Cruncher

Mandora

Turmegar

Captain Shiner

Dr. Dometone

We got a really good run out of these though, DST covered just about all the major characters. I'd be curious if sales were good enough to warrant a second run of the very first boxset though? Or if their deal is done and that's it.

I think this line went way deeper than could have been reasonably expected from a "vintage" license. Set 1 is a rarity, but all four of the other sets still linger at clearance prices on AFX. I love that AFX/Icon made this a labor of love, and I hate that they probably took a huge financial hit making them happen.

Set 1 is a rarity, but all four of the other sets still linger at clearance prices on AFX.

That might be because Set 1 is such a rarity. I know I waited 'til the last minute to get that first set after seeing the third (and almost missed it). Is any fan likely to buy the last four and not care if they get the first? I'm not a fan so I honestly don't know.

For such an old property, I would guess it's mainly nostalgia driving the purchase decision. Of course people who want to collect all of them would want the first set, but with the first set having completely sold through, them must be just as many people who were content to get Lion-O and call it a day. If they were produced in equal numbers (or even in subsequently decreasing numbers), it seems backwards to assume the later sets didn't sell out because the first one did.

The first set arguably had the most popular 'Cats in it. So people who loved Lion-O were done.

Another reason could be that people bought the first set, then decided they didn't really care for minimates.

Or the price for a full set wasn't worth getting the mates they wanted.

Hey, the first set also had QC problems, so people may have bought another set hoping for a fix.

Myself, I bought the first set because I love the idea of Thundercats and most of the designs, but I was never really into the show as a kid. I totally skipped the bad guy set because, well, to me the characters were 'meh' 'cause I don't have the affection for the source material. I would like a Tigra and Cheetara, but have no interest in the kid cats. So, I'm skipping that set because the price is too high for 2 mates.

I remember Chuck saying that Pat from AFX was looking into doing another run of the first set, which I think would be very smart. I wonder how many people looking for that set are thrown off by the one with lil' Lion-O.

I keep desperately hoping that these did well enough for Icon to consider pushing for MOTU minimates.

I'm not a 'real' Thundercats fan, but i bought every set. Hopefully that says something good about the line.

Edited by Nessex

I'm not a Thundercats fan at all. I was a little interested in the new cartoon but I never watched the original series. I just thought these looked like fun little figures and had to have them.

That just about says it for me .

I know a few friends who would buy the entire line IF they could buy set 1. I guess this is the same situation of a lot of people. They do want Thundercats minimates but only getting the first set before of all the others.

How many of these friends have you got & what will they pay ?

yD6lXXZ.gif

I know a few friends who would buy the entire line IF they could buy set 1. I guess this is the same situation of a lot of people. They do want Thundercats minimates but only getting the first set before of all the others.

How many of these friends have you got & what will they pay ?

yD6lXXZ.gif

3 or 4 friends, I guess. About the price, I can't speak for them but I already asked them.

They gave us Lynx-O, Pumyra, and Bengali. I am quite happy with the line. biggrin.png

Agreed! I'm Quite happy with this line, only two figures out of the whole line that I don't like (the figures themselves I don't find appealing, not the characters)

Only other thing I would have liked to see would have been a Snowman, and Hachiman, but I'm totally cool without.

If MOTU is never going to happen, I would love to see something like a "best of 80's" lineup, with characters from properties like , centurions, bravestar, tigersharks, sectaurs, visionaries, just to name a few(and not get carried away) Like someone said earlier, a lot of people may have just wanted Lion-O, so this line would have maybe the one main good guy, from each show in a few boxsets, or may be a series of Vs. 2-packs, with the good guy and badguy......at least thats what I'd like, lol

man was Thundercats a great run of minimates!