UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look awesome! As we knew they would. :) I wonder if they ended up giving Pumyra a lasso like the kittens. I don't see it in there, but they have certainly have been known to surprise us with extras before. :) Once again, thanks to both companies for making these happen! I really never thought I'd see such a complete set of these guys again after the original series. Silverhawks and Tigersharks just HAVE to happen!!!! Maybe only 3 boxsets of each?

Silverhawks Boxset 1 with Quicksilver, Mon-Star pre-transformation, Bluegrass and Melodia (Tally Hawk companion)

Silverhawks Boxset 2 with Steelheart, Steelwill, Copper Kid, Lt. Stargazer

Silverhawks Boxset 3 with Mon-star tranformed, Mo-lec-u-lar, Mumbo Jumbo and Buzzsaw (Mon-star's bird sidekick)

*Silverhawks would come with removable wing pieces and swappable head pieces to create their "mask down" looks

Tigersharks Boxset 1 with Mako, Doc Walro, Dolph and T-Ray (Gup Companion)

Tigersharks Boxset 2 with Octavia, Angel, Bronc, Lorca

Tigersharks Boxset 3 with Captain Bizarrly, Spike Marlin, Wall-eye, Soulmate (was that the female pirate?)

*Tigersharks member would have alternate parts to simulate transforming

I know these wouldn't have as much appeal as Thundercats, but they could be exclusives, and I bet enough people would snatch them up. Make these now and take my money! :)

I never saw Tigersharks, but I'd buy them just the same.

As for Silverhawks, as much as I love these Thundercats sets, I'd love SH exponentially more.

And while it would mean quite a bit of sculpting, I don't see why we couldn't get all the birds that the original action figures came with, as Lockheed-like accessories...

I would be quite happy with a few Silverhawks box sets. I think the Thundercats line has been just about perfect as far as amount of figures made. The whole thing took a little over a year and at the end of it I look at the figures I have and feel like it's a pretty comprehensive collection. It's pretty much a perfect plan for similar properties going forward.

• 2 weeks later...

So, are we getting the final set this week? I've been waiting for these little guys a long time.

I remember when I was a kid, flipping my TV between the Thundercats movie where these new cats appeared and the Exorcist, which scared the hell out of me. Should have just stuck with the Thundercats.

We solicited them to retailers in late April/early May, so it's only been seven months. That's pretty much average for the time between solicitation and sale. We've done shorter, but we've also done longer.

Packaged samples are here, so we should get the main shipment soon.

I'm not surprised that the first set is rare, but I am that 2,3, and 4 are pretty easy to find still. I would guess that a lot of people at San Diego that don't normally buy Minimates snatched that set up. Maybe all the Thundercats fans just wanted Lion-O and Panthro to sit in their Thundertanks.Dunno.gif

Edited by hellpop

Not meaning to criticize. To me, this line seemed very well planned out and that plan seemed to have a goal of being "complete" (granted, my knowledge of Thundercats doesn't go very deep so I don't doubt there are fans out there who may disagree on it being "complete.") I understand their reasons for not running all lines that way (don't want to over promise, need to anchor waves, need to spread out important characters, etc, etc) it just makes me happier when we get a product released like this.