UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

In general. Nothing with IH that I know of. Although we are working on something for another company.

But Aliens will be big for us, Battle Beasts is returning, and there are a couple of new licenses we'll be announcing at or around the show that have been taking up a lot of the designers' time.

YES!!! I'm really excited that Aliens will be BIG! I'm down for multiple, multiple waves!

I love what the designers are doing with so many of these new properties. The LiS Robot is a genius design. Thundercats have been an incredible 5-boxset run. I'm so incredibly excited to see what gets shown at SDCC! I'm not a huge Battle Beasts fan, but I have a full set of theTRU wave, so I'll look into wave 2. But man, I'm stoked to see more TV & Movie mates announced at SDCC smile.png

Now, if we can just get the return of MAX, Calico Jack, and more vehicle releases!

Edited by monkeycrumb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... just recieved this from Icon Heroes after I wrote them, asking about a Ro-Bear Berbil army building set:

"Thanks Matt. We appreciate the support and we have a few other ideas we
are working on. However we will wait to see how well the Comic con set
sells first before moving ahead."

Where/when will the SDCC set be available? Any links to preorder listings would be much appreciated.

And here's a pic for a thanks in advance,,,

tcats001_zpsd86855d2.jpg

Edited by MMao

You mean this thing?

Thanks man!

Is that the only place these are available at? The fricken shipping to Hawaii is more than the set itself... sad.png

Will they be available from Luke's or BBTS or something?

Based in Hawaii but not the warehouse. It is quite silly though. Surely someone can help you out. I plan to buy several sets myself.

Where can I post such a request? Is there a specific thread or section?

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched PixelDans's review of the 1st Minimates set (just for fun) He claims that the Thundercats insignia on Lion-o's belt rubbed off pretty quickly during regular play. has this happened to anyone else?

Only the first people to get it. After the warning went out here, most of us put some clear coat on before "playing" with them.

Don't forget, Zach said that replacement Lion-O and Panthro belts will be included with boxset #5 to replace those parts that had insignia problems.

Thanks. Has boxset 5 been announced yet? Who's in it?

Just watched PixelDans's review of the 1st Minimates set (just for fun) He claims that the Thundercats insignia on Lion-o's belt rubbed off pretty quickly during regular play. has this happened to anyone else?

Only the first people to get it. After the warning went out here, most of us put some clear coat on before "playing" with them.

I've had mine since last summer and only opened it today.

Edited by thatblockoguy

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone taken any in hand photos of the SDCC set yet? I'm dying to see Mumm-Ra and Grune.

Agreed. Bring on the pics!!!

pretty please

smile.png

Hey guys! So unfortunately I am running out the door, so I can't take pics, but I can certainly post some tomorrow. I just got my set from AFX, and I was already prepared to be blown away, but there were still surprises! I didn't know that Grune comes with an alternate chest block with the t-cats symbol on it, so you can recreate his good ol' days with Jaga! Speaking of Jaga, it is amazing that we have him as a spirit already, and with this new Jaga, we can have young Jaga, toy-version Jaga AND unhelmeted, old Jaga from the first episode of the cartoon. So many choices! Nothing surprising with little Lion-o. Cool that we finally have him in this form. Mumm-ra is suitably impressive and awesome! Love that he has his sword of Plundarr, and I love that he has the hands with cape attached (for that awesome cape-spread appearance) and then also hands that are unattached to better hold the weapons. Very cool! The set also included the extra Lion-o and Panthro pieces from set 1 as promised. You win, DST! So much awesomeness! When I think that we are also getting the new t-cats too, I just can't believe it!! You guys have really exceeded expectations, and you did this license right! Can't wait for the last set. And if you should decide to make it NOT the last set, well that would just be awesome too...:) Pics to follow!

Wes