UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

YB, where does that gif come from?

Agreed, Thundercats is one of the best lines produced thus far. I'm not a fan, but I've snatched up every release so far! I was disappointed by the tampo issues with wave 1, but customer service came through for me. But the accessories, extra bits (mini pvc figure in each pack!!) and sculpted parts showcase what minimates can really accomplish! And it still blows my mind how every pack has a ton of new tooling in it! And I just love how eye-popping the colors are - it makes me want even more cartoon properties!

how did customer service help you? I must have missed that stuff

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree that these Thundercats are some of the best Minimates ever. GI Joe, He-Man, and classic Hanna Barbera taking this as their lead would be pretty swell IMO.

YB, where does that gif come from?

Some show from Adult Swim I think. I don't like the show, but that's a great gif. --edit: this is it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0912343/

Edited by karamazov80

I have to say, I am really excited for this one! It was already a must-have because of Mumm-ra the Everliving and Ma-mutt, but seeing this now, and seeing that Jaga comes with both old and young faces, and a white hairpiece for his helmetless look, I am really stoked! Icon Heroes and Art Asylum really did this brand right. As a huge Thundercats fan, of course there are more I want, but we really got everybody that was vital, and a couple more! These have all been top notch in terms of the new sculpted pieces, the tampos, the colors, all of it. I have bought 2 of each set because I love them so much! Pass along my thanks, Zach! There have been some major disappointments as a Thundercats fan lately, with the cancellation of the cartoon and the cancellation of the Bandai figures, Hard Heroes statues, Icon Heroes statues, Pop Culture statues...the list goes on. You guys are the only ones to give us all the vital figures since the vintage line! I'm still dreaming of Silverhawks and Tigersharks figures....But I am very happy with what we got. That's the thing I love so much about Minimates. We always get the whole team, and those teams that ARE unfinished, I really feel like we will get them if at all possible. This is why I love this line!

I have to say, I am really excited for this one! It was already a must-have because of Mumm-ra the Everliving and Ma-mutt, but seeing this now, and seeing that Jaga comes with both old and young faces, and a white hairpiece for his helmetless look, I am really stoked! Icon Heroes and Art Asylum really did this brand right. As a huge Thundercats fan, of course there are more I want, but we really got everybody that was vital, and a couple more! These have all been top notch in terms of the new sculpted pieces, the tampos, the colors, all of it. I have bought 2 of each set because I love them so much! Pass along my thanks, Zach! There have been some major disappointments as a Thundercats fan lately, with the cancellation of the cartoon and the cancellation of the Bandai figures, Hard Heroes statues, Icon Heroes statues, Pop Culture statues...the list goes on. You guys are the only ones to give us all the vital figures since the vintage line! I'm still dreaming of Silverhawks and Tigersharks figures....But I am very happy with what we got. That's the thing I love so much about Minimates. We always get the whole team, and those teams that ARE unfinished, I really feel like we will get them if at all possible. This is why I love this line!

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

I really hope Icon has more to show at Comic Con. They and DST did Thundercats so right, it makes me salivate to think what else could be on the horizon. Obviously MOTU has been ruled out for the time being, but Silverhawks would definitely make sense as a followup to the Cats.

This set also comes with an extra Lion-O belt and Panthro harness, for those who had tampo problems with the first set.

Nice, looks like my extreme procrastination finally paid off! biggrin.png I still hadn't gotten around to buying any of that clear coat stuff, so my first T-cats set remains unopened...

This set also comes with an extra Lion-O belt and Panthro harness, for those who had tampo problems with the first set.

That's fantastic! I didn't have clear coat at the time and the symbols did rub off. I repainted them afterwards but they are not the same.

Wow! Zach, that is so above and beyond! My t-cats paint apps didn't rub off on Lion-O and Panthro, but I was always afraid they would. Now I won't have to worry about it. I'll switch them out when I get the 4th set just in case. I just really don't see this kind of customer service, character selection, nods to fans in terms of accessories, etc from any other company right now. I have been so please with all of my Minimates purchases. I hope they continue a loooong time!

I coated my tampos with clear nail polish but I'm happy that DST is going the extra mile for fans of this line. thumbsup.gif

Any chance this line will eventually segue into the modern show? Not sure that there's as much demand for that but they'd make good Minimates designs, too.

I don't believe Icon Heroes is pursuing any more T- Cats or '80s stuff, but ask them. We have so much stuff in the works that I'm not sad the line will end with five sets.

When you say "stuff in the works" do you mean in general, or with Icon Heroes?

IMOHO. the best 5 sets to date! I have to admit I am disappointed no future 80s endeavors with icon heroes.

100% agree with both of your comments. Talk about fan service. These sets are in a league of there own.

There are only two things I wish we're different, but that's because I don't like either slythe or ratar-o ( the mates are nice, I just never cared for either ) I would have liked two different characters, but agree with their inclusion in the sets, especially slythe.

I don't believe Icon Heroes is pursuing any more T- Cats or '80s stuff, but ask them. We have so much stuff in the works that I'm not sad the line will end with five sets.

When you say "stuff in the works" do you mean in general, or with Icon Heroes?

In general. Nothing with IH that I know of. Although we are working on something for another company.

But Aliens will be big for us, Battle Beasts is returning, and there are a couple of new licenses we'll be announcing at or around the show that have been taking up a lot of the designers' time.

We have so much stuff in the works

Sounds like you need to hire some more designers COUGH COUGH sweat.gif

It's not just manpower. A new license would cost more money, and increasing Minimate production might require us to spread work out over multiple factories, and we don't really want to do that.

A new license would cost more money, and increasing Minimate production might require us to spread work out over multiple factories, and we don't really want to do that.

I heard THAT. The last thing you want to do is have to train a new factory overseas. As I recall that's where Hasbro's Indiana Jones line had problems. All kinds of pent-up demand, a new movie tie-in, and the ball got dropped overseas because they used a new factory with less (if any) experience.

Those manufacturing relationships are golden. And you don't want to start all over with the Space: 1999 license coming up. :D