UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Has anybody recieved a shipping or tracking confirmation from afx yet? I got a notice they'd be shipping soon last week and they charged my card, but no follow up emails or anything yet.

i received my shipping confirmation about two days ago and my package is in transit. i ordered from their ebay store.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a couple sets from the AFX site and one from their eBay store. I got my tracking number for my eBay order, but nothing from the site order yet. Glad that's the trend though, because I was starting to worry. Really can't wait to see these in person. :)

Hey Guys!

Just got my Series 3 sets!! First, let me just say that Thundercats are my FAVORITE property out there, and so I was an easy sell on these, but I also had high expectations. That being said, here are some of my thoughts.

*Wilykit and Wilykat- They look great, but they are not any shorter than anyone else! It doesn't bother me, really, but with the new arms and legs, I really expected them to be shorter. Maybe it is their hair pieces o their belts/skirts, but they seem just as tall as the other figures, only they've lost some articulation. Not a huge deal, but definitely worth noting.

*Cheetara is perfection!!! She looks amazing, and someone finally got the colors and the hair closer to the animated look! I love that she comes with her staff in it's shortened form too, to attach on the side of her bracer. Some type of running base (kinda like Mattel did with Young Justice Kid Flash) would have been nice, but these are always so chockfull of accessories, I will never complain.

*Tygra- Also super! I love the way his whip works. It is in it's collapsed form. Then you can take it apart and attach each end to the extended form. Genius!!

With all of the figures together now, I do notice a couple things. One is that I wish Ssslithe was a bit bulkier. I like that he is hunched over, but I think the fat, Hulk-type legs would have been good for him. Also, with everyone's very large...manes, I suppose, Panthro's head looks really small! Maybe he could have benefitted from his face being painted (and ears sculpted) on a slip over mask like Spidey minimates sometimes have. Then maybe the head underneath could have just had the ears painted on the sides and been an ode to anyone who likes their mates pure with no added, sculpted embellishments. Once again, not at all a big deal. His head just looks a little small now in comparison to everyone else.

I can't say how awesome I think these are and how much I love the way these sets were handled. I love that they included these core characters first to make sure we got our main teams of heroes and villians. I love all the accessories. I love that we got the extra pack-in characters of Wolfrat, Snarf and a Berbil. I love that these are continuing and that we'll get our Mumm-ra the Everliving, as well as a potential New Thundercats set. I also love that the Thundertank and Cats Lair can be used so nicely in conjunction with the mates.

In short, thank you Art Asylum and Icon Heroes!!!!! If there were no more of these released, I could be satisfied with what you've given us, but I am so stoked that there will be more! Now about those Silverhawks and Tigersharks.....

Wes

*Wilykit and Wilykat- They look great, but they are not any shorter than anyone else! It doesn't bother me, really, but with the new arms and legs, I really expected them to be shorter. Maybe it is their hair pieces o their belts/skirts, but they seem just as tall as the other figures, only they've lost some articulation. Not a huge deal, but definitely worth noting.

Of course, if they didn't have the new arms and legs, they would have been taller than everyone else, thanks to their skirt pieces. Something to think about.

That IS something to think about, Zach! Having them be the same height as the others is certainly preferable to having them be taller. The shorter arms and legs do make them look more child-like when looking at them out of the context of the other mates. I know you guys always have reasons for the design choices you make, and I'm still REALLY happy with these. When do you think we might learn if the Pumyra/Ben-Gali/Lynx-O/Fourth Guy set will indeed be coming?

To anyone that has these in hand: Do you think is feasible (for a customizer) to add wrist and foot articulation to the kittens?

Do you own a cutting tool of some sort? a drill? some paint?

If so, then yeah, you can.

-Cut off their hands and feet.

-Drill a hole into their wrist and ankles (being careful not to hit their knees/elbows)

-take a new pair of hands and feets with pegs and paint to match

-cut the pegs to fit the new holes

THE END!

To anyone that has these in hand: Do you think is feasible (for a customizer) to add wrist and foot articulation to the kittens?

-Drill a hole into their wrist and ankles (being careful not to hit their knees/elbows)

THE END!

Did you try this yourself already?

THE END!

Did you try this yourself already?

on the Thunder Kittens? No, I don’t feel that need too, but I have made a Robin that involved dremeling the s**t out of a stock arm and leg until they were short enough and the peg transferring should be the same core concept on these new pieces, right?

Got my two sets of series #3 in the mail yesterday. I must agree with everyone that has received these, that they are indeed a most impressive set. I love opening up a pack of high quality minimates loaded to the gills with oodles of accessories. thumbsup.gif

Glad to see all the positive comments about this set, hopefully it bodes well saleswise I really want box set 5 with the New ThunderCats, Snarfer, and hopefully Mandora, Hachiman, or Ratar-O, hell even Safari Joe or the Bezerkers.