UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going purely based on Jaga at this point, the very least, this set will be classic Thundercats. The lack of giant shoulder pads is what gives it away. But if we get modern ones in with the old, I'm ok with that.

Edited by The Geohound

So is this a subcontracted line (like DC or Doctor Who) or a licensed line (like Marvel and everything else that last)?

I ask because AFX does a lot of Thundercats exclusives (I think they’re the primary source of the Staction Figures) so I could this being subcontracted through them.

However if it’s licensed, Thundercats Selects please! Bandai dropped the ball so someone needs to make some MotUC compatible Classic Thundercats.

I want both old and new versions considering the looks are so different. Also while that statue is nice I want a Classic Thunder Tank along the lines of the MAX APC with the back opening up with a fold up cannon and seating along the sides for the rest of the team.

I also pulled this down off the shelf, please ignore the layer of dust, and snapped a few pics with a couple of my customs.

Oh, and I'm sorry for the quality of the photos but like I said I just snapped them real quick.

Ttankfront.jpg

Ttankfront2.jpg

Ttankopen.jpg

Ttankclosed.jpg

Ttankside.jpg

Ttankback.jpg

I'm sure with a little bit of work it would be possible to modify the cockpit to hold two seated minimates.

Edit: I should have pointed out that the pilot is standing up in the first two pics and sitting in the rest.

Edited by Prowlar

Anyone want me to stock the Thundertank statue in addition to the minimates?

And just to clarify, yes, this is the license I was hinting at. :D

tumblr_m52nfsSJkO1r0ntbq.jpg

Great news :thumbsup: Seems like just the other day that I was talking about the recently-released UK magazine 'Thundercats' that I'm getting & sending to a US member .....Zach was briefly involved in the discussion & yet he never let on at all . Of course I realise he couldn't & wouldn't but bloody hell that must have been hard work ?

Well played Zach & DST.

So is this a subcontracted line (like DC or Doctor Who) or a licensed line (like Marvel and everything else that last)?

I ask because AFX does a lot of Thundercats exclusives (I think they're the primary source of the Staction Figures) so I could this being subcontracted through them.

However if it's licensed, Thundercats Selects please! Bandai dropped the ball so someone needs to make some MotUC compatible Classic Thundercats.

That's a good question. I'm mildly surprised that Thundercats would be launched as an SDCC exclusive; I would think the property still has enough juice to interest TRU. But if these are only being made because AFX has some kind of exclusive classic Thundercats deal... well, more power to 'em. I think it would be pretty cool if AFX were to have a new exclusive Thundercats set for each show they do.

However, if this is just the first in what will be a full series of Thundercats toys available everywhere, I can't imagine that we'll get 'mates from the new show. I think it's already been cancelled, right? Anyway, the toys were a HUGE flop at retail, so you can bet that no one's going to be all that interested in giving shelf space to more toys based on that show.

Wait, the show got canceled? I thought it was just on season break!

Every Bandai line is a huge flow at retail. I have no idea how they and Spinmasters stay in business when they put out so much mass-market crap.

...I think I just answered my own question.

If there's a Snarf, will it be a non-posable sculpted accessory like Lockheed or Venkman's cat, or a posable, but somewhat awkwardly out-of-proportion mate with sculpted parts like Lockjaw or Daggit?

Survey says! . . .the latter.

If there's a Snarf, will it be a non-posable sculpted accessory like Lockheed or Venkman's cat, or a posable, but somewhat awkwardly out-of-proportion mate with sculpted parts like Lockjaw or Daggit?

why not both?!?

We got a Corina (or however you spell ‘holo-blue-chick from Halo’s name) in scale with Master Chief and with real Humans, we got a Clank who could fit on Ratchet’s back AND a full sized mate, we of course got a full-sized Silver Surfer and a itty-bitty one with mini-Galactus... so nothing says we can’t have two Snarfs

When I was little I had two Snarfs: a ‘stray cozy’ I got from Wendy’s who was the right size compared to Lion-O (later releases of Lion-O would actually come with an in scale Snarf) and the official released action figure of Snarf who was HUGE for no good reason.

I would use Straw-cozy Snarf to hold the sword of Omens for Lion-O since that’s how his hands where sculpted and I used the larger Snarf as ‘Snarf’s dad’ who would was visiting and helping the Thundercats battle evil while he was there.

So I say: DST recapture the magic of my youth!! Accessory Snarf AND Full-sized Snarf please!!!

Yeah, all signs point to "Thundercats is cancelled."

Star Trek has been cancelled even more times. Given that this Minimate is of the classic ThunderCats, the marketing seems to be aimed at nostalgic collectors rather than the declining audience of the new series. I prefer the new designs but I'll take the original recipe, too.