UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Ancient spirits of evil transform this decayed Bandai line into Mini-Mates the EVER LIVING!!!!

I was ready for disappointment and figured T-cats wouldn't be the new line. So this is awesome news.

I wonder if the license is for classic designs only? I wouldn't mind some modern versions as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the Thundertank was made specifically with the 'mates in mind.

I've never been a fan of the franchise but I've enjoyed what I've seen of the new cartoon. As a 3 3/4" figure collector I was planning on picking up a couple Bandai figures to add to my shelves but now that this line is confirmed, I'll be making mine Minimates. Bring it on. B)

Anyone want me to stock the Thundertank statue in addition to the minimates?

And just to clarify, yes, this is the license I was hinting at. :D

What would the price point be, Luke? That would be a big decider for me. As would scale....

Considering it's a statue, I'm figuring on the Thundertank being pretty high priced (at least for me) However a friend of mine just pointed out that there's a Bandai Thundertank that's starting to hit clearance shelves right now. Might have to see if it's a good fit for Minimates.

What would the price point be, Luke? That would be a big decider for me. As would scale....

I don't have pricing information from AFX yet, but we will match their price.

1340751115[/url]' post='234186']

You are a sneaky man. Don't need the statue, but you make sure you hold one of those sets for me. Pleasey please?

When are you going to have them for preorder, Luke?

Also, going by AFX's list of exclusives, the Thundertank is apparently sitting for $70. Ouch.

Edited by The Geohound

Ancient spirits of evil transform this decayed Bandai line into Mini-Mates the EVER LIVING!!!!

I was ready for disappointment and figured T-cats wouldn't be the new line. So this is awesome news.

I wonder if the license is for classic designs only? I wouldn't mind some modern versions as well.

Ditto, a modern Cheetara would be nice!

< excited

Man I hope we get the new ones. The old designs are cool (the show is terrible btw) but the new designs just *pop*. I mean, they designed it to be an Avatar buster for crying out loud!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I'm not a Thundercats fan, but that is a very cool looking figure.

Plus, this line could have some really fun parts for customisers. Can't wait to see the whole set.

Also - is he a bit Translucent? If he is, Damn them! Damn them for making me want a figure that i might almost have been able to say 'no' to.

Could be either version of Jaga, as he was one of the only characters without a major redesign from the original series to the new cartoon.

Just sayin'.

Very cool news though. Not for my Marvel only "rule", which just became more of a guideline than a rule.

It really seems like a great companion line to Battle Beasts as well. They could almost come from the same universe, considering the different "animal-humanoid-warriors" they both sport.

Good point, add in that much of the BB armor seems to be removable, one could do some nice mash ups with both lines

Very cool news though. Not for my Marvel only "rule", which just became more of a guideline than a rule.

Marvel's imprint (Star Comics) and Marvel UK both published Thundercats comics, your rule could still stand :)

Could be either version of Jaga, as he was one of the only characters without a major redesign from the original series to the new cartoon.

Just sayin'.

Was he a spirit in the old one much? That could be our clue.

Just sayin'.

Was he a spirit in the old one much? That could be our clue.

He was only a spirit in the old one, save for the first 5 minutes of the series, and a couple flashbacks. The minimate design is old school Jaga.

Jaga-wise.jpg

Guy's got the same beard, helmet design, and lack of ears of the original character based on those pics. Which is good!

Also, his face has an 80s Japanamation vibe to it. And he's got cat eyes, not human eyes like the new version apparently has.

Watching the first episode now, Jaga has cat eyes. No idea what's going on in that picture TM2 posted. Maybe he loses the cat eyes when gets all spirits and stuff? Actually scratch that. Seems his eyes go back and forth, so, blah. Shoddy attention to a small detail, maybe?

My money's on Classic designs for the minimates, though.

Edited by The Geohound

OH MY Thundercats HO! This is a dream license for me like it is for alot of others. man aim I excited for these.I hope we see a wide range of characters.Thundercats has a huge potential of lasting a long while.I was just working out Lion-O and Mumm-ra to add to my thundercats customs I don't have to know :) .I can't wait to see whats next :biggrin: