UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be all over this... this is my favorite line of minimates, and i also think the best made. It would be cool to have old school carded figs, like i'm hoping to see with G.I.Joe. I'm sure a lot of folks who missed out on the first set (or all sets) would snap them up. They'd have to be packed with some extra goodies, like an ultimate version with different heads/weapons/etc... I'd buy every single one. There are still a handful of Characters that could be made as well.

19 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

I'd be all over this... this is my favorite line of minimates, and i also think the best made. It would be cool to have old school carded figs, like i'm hoping to see with G.I.Joe. I'm sure a lot of folks who missed out on the first set (or all sets) would snap them up. They'd have to be packed with some extra goodies, like an ultimate version with different heads/weapons/etc... I'd buy every single one. There are still a handful of Characters that could be made as well.

There is more than a handful to be honest. Hachiman, Safari Joe, Jagara, Claudus, a Bolkin or two, Dr. Dometome, Mandora, Mumm-rana, Snowman of Hook Mountain and Snowmeow, Turmagar, the Lunataks, the Berserkers, Captain Cracker, Captain Shiner, etc.  I'm sure there are plenty that I forgot.  

I just loved that license and wish it had continued on. I wish that DST would pick up that license along with Silverhawks.  As far as I know the only thing currently being done with those licenses are the Super 7 figures. 

8 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

There is more than a handful to be honest. Hachiman, Safari Joe, Jagara, Claudus, a Bolkin or two, Dr. Dometome, Mandora, Mumm-rana, Snowman of Hook Mountain and Snowmeow, Turmagar, the Lunataks, the Berserkers, Captain Cracker, Captain Shiner, etc.  I'm sure there are plenty that I forgot.  

I just loved that license and wish it had continued on. I wish that DST would pick up that license along with Silverhawks.  As far as I know the only thing currently being done with those licenses are the Super 7 figures. 

Oh no doubt, I meant to imply that there’s definitely enough characters for them to start making them again without needing to do all the same figures. 

super 7 is killing it, and I have just about all of the thundercats and silverhawks preordered. Just got my slithe and haha, and loving them ? 

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

My Lion-o is missing a blue foot, any close matches from non tcats minimates to replace with?

Everything’s either too light or too dark. Closest I could find were the classic Batman, Destiny, and the Frost Giants. 

good luck and hail Ivan

• 1 year later...

I apologize if this is in bad form, but I wanted to ask my fellow Cats fans if anyone has an extra Lynx-O they'd be willing to sell. Or even just his shield, which is the last bit of a custom I've been working on.

Turns out he/it is just about impossible to find on eBay as a standalone offering. And I've been looking for a looooooong time. 

If you happen to have an extra to sell, or just the shield accessory, please PM me and we can work something out.

22 hours ago, elhonez said:

It's a round disk with a star shape on one side.

Here's a link, but the Multiverse ironically doesn't allow us to post images from the MMDB:

http://minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=1752&n=Round+Shield

Thanks for taking a look!

How's this?

Do you have a friend with a 3d printer? I banged this off quickly for you but have not tested. If you know someone who can test print, do that. If you're happy with it, you could order a nice one from Shapeways. I'll try to get around to a test print but am pretty busy these days.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6229556/files

lynx-o-shield

Wow! Thanks cylonchaney for banging that out!

I unfortunately need the real thing -- long story short and without divulging too much, I have one but I need a second one to "sandwich" with the first. For my project, the surface area of the star has to match for maximum superglue strength while still allowing some circumferential flexibility.

I chose it for its size, and the ability with the external (round-side) hole to plug into the wrist guard. I'm making a character that needs to be able to slip something in and out of the sandwiched shields, if that makes sense (it will make sense when it's done :).

Honestly there are probably smarter ways of doing what I'm attempting, but I got very excited about trying this. I appreciate you and everyone who's poked around for this part!

WOW. I wish it was now.

That is really something. He looks very moist.

Edit: I went out for oysters for my birthday recently, and it got me thinking about how one could pull this off with a tiny real oyster and a Black Widow belt.

Also: Someone is selling the Tcats set for $75, which is as low as I've seen it. If anyone is interested in splitting the set (I'd only want Lynx-O), please PM me.

Edited by elhonez