UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Ok, so i took some pics with my phone (sorry for the low quality) so you can see just exactly how much stuff comes in this set! Madness! smile.png I also included various pics of other toy incarnations of the t-cats for comparison, including the awesome stuff coming out from Mezco right now (which you need to buy if you haven't already, because I need Tygra!). Enjoy!

post-6415-0-47105000-1374953937_thumb.jp

post-6415-0-63573300-1374953964_thumb.jp

post-6415-0-90059400-1374953979_thumb.jp

post-6415-0-33111500-1374953993_thumb.jp

post-6415-0-26793200-1374954009_thumb.jp

post-6415-0-58559800-1374954119_thumb.jp

post-6415-0-59701300-1374954263_thumb.jp

Edited by Wes

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so i took some pics with my phone (sorry for the low quality) so you can see just exactly how much stuff comes in this set! Madness! smile.png I also included various pics of other toy incarnations of the t-cats for comparison, including the awesome stuff coming out from Mezco right now (which you need to buy if you haven't already, because I need Tygra!). Enjoy!

Love those pictures, fella!

The first one especially! Reminds me of an old tee-vee toy advertisement: "Comes with everything you see here". smile.png

Edited by Mystery Man

• 3 weeks later...

Loving these minimates.

How about an army builder pack?

Reptilian warrior, tuska warrior, thunderian royal guard and captain shiner... With extra armor pieces and weapons (and a generic soldier head for shiner) to create different looks for the army. Throw in a generic berbil and you've got a winner. I'd buy at least 4 packs. A pack like that could make for a pretty impressive minmate third earth.

I would also really like to see Jaguara and Claudus. Lunataks would be welcome too.

Those would be awesome, and I would definitely troop build, too.

However, as long as we're getting Bengali, Lynx-O & Pumyra, I'd be happy if we never got any more.

This is exactly how I feel. I would have liked a hachiman, but with tomb raider I'll be able to throw one together I think.

Loving these minimates.

How about an army builder pack?

Reptilian warrior, tuska warrior, thunderian royal guard and captain shiner... With extra armor pieces and weapons (and a generic soldier head for shiner) to create different looks for the army. Throw in a generic berbil and you've got a winner. I'd buy at least 4 packs. A pack like that could make for a pretty impressive minmate third earth.

I would also really like to see Jaguara and Claudus. Lunataks would be welcome too.

I'd be down for a few of these!

Can't wait until the Thundercats Ho! movie set! Some places list this one as a September release and some say October. Anyone have the scoop? Also, have we gotten a chance to see Pumyra's weapon yet? I think she was holding Bengali's hammer in the photos I saw. I'm also wondering if Ratar-O has two sais or just one....Did I mention I can't wait!?

Wes

• 4 weeks later...

Zach, the fifth Thundercats boxset was on the shipping schedule for next week, 9/25, but the newest shipping date list on the website doesn't have them listed at all. Did these get pushed back further, or were they just an oversight?

Looks like the Marvel Thunderbolts boxset is missing from the newest shipping dates list too, do you guys have something against "thunder" related products? We never got a Thunderlips Minimate either.....hmmm.

Yeah, secondary prices on the first boxset have really jumped over the last 3-4 months, but there are still some decent deals to be had, if you keep your eyes open.

I'll check in the system, and see what it says. Not sure why they weren't on the ship list.

Got some paint samples of the T-Bolts set today, so it's happening! Will try to post the art for both.

Cool, thanks Zach. I like to keep my calendar updated with the current estimated ship dates so I have a rough idea of when I need to have funds available.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a "Best of" series of two packs? It would really help move remaining stock of the later sets. Could be something like this...

Lion-O and Jagara (I REALLY want a Jagara)

Panthro and Hachiman (or Mandora or anyone)

Reptilian warrior/thunderian guard army builder

Reptilian warrior and Claudus chase set

I'd buy tons of those army builder sets. And I've wanted a Jagara figure since I was a little kid.

I think it's something action figure express should look into. I feel like they'll be sitting on stock of their last three sets if they don't get more Lion-O and Panthro figures out there. No one wants half a team. It would also help sell the Bengali/Pumyra sets in local comic shops if they had some of the main characters available.

I can't wait for this last set! Any updates on the shipping date? Big Bad Toy Store (where I preordered) says November... I emailed Icon Heroes a while back to see if Rataro would come with two sais and to see if Pumyra would have her weapon since it isnt pictured in any of the promotional stuff. They said that Rataro will have two sais, but that Pumyra will not have a newly sculpted slingshot. They said they would try and include a lasso piece to simulate her weapon. I'm cool with that. If they are unable to, the Wilykat brown lasso would work great for her. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I NEVER thought we would get such a complete Classic line after Bandai let us down, and I'm so thankful that Icon Heroes and Art Asylum were so dedicated to doing these right and finishing them off. Would I love to have even more? Of course! But everyone who we really needed is here! Subbing Snarfer for the Berbil would have been awesome, but these are too amazing to have a complaint!

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

I'll check in the system, and see what it says. Not sure why they weren't on the ship list.

Got some paint samples of the T-Bolts set today, so it's happening! Will try to post the art for both.

Any new developments in the last month?

• 3 weeks later...