UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I had a vintage Cats' Lair.

So, has the second set been confirmed for NYCC, or are we just assuming that because it's the most logical?

Do we know who is set to appear in the second set?

My kingdom for a Slyythe!

They showed art for Mumm-Ra the Ever Living (powered up) at the SDCC panel, so that will probably be one of the slots. I'd guess Ma-Mutt for the small pack-in character.

Anvil– i'm pretty sure they said the license was just for classic.

Edited by Lobsterman

• 2 weeks later...

the NYCC site has some info on the new set, but no photos

http://nycc12.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=359859

This second set of immensely popular Thundercats Minimates includes Mumm-Ra's evil mutants - Jackalman, Monkian, Slithe, Vultureman, and a bonus Wolfrat PVC figure!

Very crafty design,he looks Awesome.

My only issue with Slythe at this point is that his feet just look wrong and tiny. I don't know what they should be really, but that standard feet just look so off with how large his upper body is. It might just be the angle of the picture with the slipper feet though. Who knows? Really like him overall, though.

Edited by The Geohound

I'm in the minority i guess. I quite like Slythe. In fact, what i saw of the second set @ SDCC was reason enough for me to buy the first set.

The first looked pretty good - but the second set looked awesome! I love how they've handled the need for sculpted extras and managed to keep them looking minimatey.

P7144993.jpg

I think there will be a lot of fodder in these for people who want to make MOTU customs, too.

I've seen the Tower of Omens at Ross for $15, but haven't picked it up. If you search Tower of Omens Pixel Dan on YouTube, he has a pretty good review of what you get. Seems cheaply made, with little to no paint apps, but if it's just for display it might be worth the $15.

My 2 cents