UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nervous, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked to me like one of Ratar-O's robotic drone rats. Either that or one of Vultureman's mechanical henchmen. If the former, it would suggest who else we can expect in set #4.

Ratar-O was a fairly major villain on the original series, so him, MRTEL, and maybe Lynx-O and Hatchiman would round out that set nicely.

I think it's called the wolfrat, one of viltureman's inventions

I think there is definitely enough characters for 5 boxsets, but after that it may get pretty tough to sell them.

Ah, right you are. That makes more sense to be packaged with Vultureman. I do remember that episode now that you mention it; that's the one where everyone got shrunk and Snarf got enlarged to Super Snarf, right?

You got it! Snarf ended up being the hero and saved the day if I remember it correctly

Ah, right you are. That makes more sense to be packaged with Vultureman. I do remember that episode now that you mention it; that's the one where everyone got shrunk and Snarf got enlarged to Super Snarf, right?

Never saw that one, but sounds like the GI Joe episode where everyone got shrunk and Polly was enarged and saved the day........:)

I think this is a problem on a lot of them, I would strongly suggest putting some sort of clear coat on it if you can. I have a little jar of clear from tamiya paints from hobby town that worked great. I put it on all the symbols on all the mates and swords

So brush-on works? Doesn't smear the emblem while applying? I don't have spray-coat, and don't really like it to justify going out to buy some just for this... :confused:

And when you say "all", you mean all the Thundercats symbols? I really don't want to have to clear coat ALL my Minimates... :lol::sweat:

I'm assuming he just did all of the symbols as a precaustion, all I've heard about rubbing off is Lion-O's belt.

I too would like to know if the brush works fine since that's the only clear coat I have right now

I'm assuming he just did all of the symbols as a precaustion, all I've heard about rubbing off is Lion-O's belt.

I too would like to know if the brush works fine since that's the only clear coat I have right now

Yep, that's right, I only did the symbols. I did them all for two reasons, as a precaution, and it gives a sweet shiny glasslike look just to the symbol. I'll try to get a picture of them.

I use a tamiya clear brush on. It only takes about a minute to do them all. Just one dip, get the excess off, then one stroke across the symbol.

Hope this helps

Yep, that's right, I only did the symbols. I did them all for two reasons, as a precaution, and it gives a sweet shiny glasslike look just to the symbol. I'll try to get a picture of them.

I use a tamiya clear brush on. It only takes about a minute to do them all. Just one dip, get the excess off, then one stroke across the symbol.

Hope this helps

Which one works best? I'm seeing that they have gloss - semi glass and flat....

Thanks in advance

Gloss and semi-gloss are similar. Gloss will give you more of a glass looks while semi-gloss typically looks like slightly shiny plastic. Flat should look dull.

This is just my experience with most paints, I've only ever has gloss clear coat, but I'm assuming they're the same as the regular paints