UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

And if they do decide to do smaller characters, I hope they then realize that there's no logical difference between allowing for those, and allowing for larger 2.5"-3" figures, as well when appropriate :highfive2:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Zach said Bionic Six! You can't take it back now! :)

I say a lot of things.

Zach didn't mention tmnt in the unlikely to happen list. Prepare to get shell shocked!!

I don't say a lot of things.

Thank-You AFX for consistently providing the cool (when DST seems afraid to take the risk)!

Icon Heroes got the license, AFX is just distributing for them. But AFX is definitely pretty great. Pat is a great dude. I hope the set does well for both companies. It looks like a slam dunk.

Being in the Uk, I don't recognise any of the other hero characters gh7s mentioned. Of course, Vultureman and his ilk are a must. I really can't think past 2 waves or 2 additional box sets of these guys.

I think they're beautiful looking though, and delighted they are the classic designs. I loved the cartoon as a boy... my brother and I used to meet up with our cousins, as we had all the toys between us. They say never meet your heroes, and I think going back and watching programs from your childhood is a big no no as well... really hard to watch. You can't beat classic designs, but I'm glad the new cartoon has got some love on here, it is certainly well written and absorbing.

Zach didn't mention tmnt in the unlikely to happen list. Prepare to get shell shocked!!

You mean that you are designing them and they are not ready to be shown? Backstage stuff,right? Gotcha ;)

I'm going to bring my turtle ban back from the dead (or the storage)

These look amazing! I can only hope they are successful and more are released in the future. Thundercats HOOOOO!

Well, there was Bengali, Linx-O and Pumyra who showed unp in series 2. Also Claudus (the previous lord of the cats) and Jagara were somewhat notable. Plus the villians Slyth, Vultureman, Jackalman, Monkian, Ratar-O and Ma-Mutt were on regularly. There's a little more depth, but not enough to really drag it out.

Snowman and Snowmeow, Hatchiman, Mandora, the Berserkers, the Lunattacks, the Bearbils, Captain Shiner...

berbils.jpg

Exactly!

A link to a little list of characters that were in the original cartoon :biggrin:

So much greatness!!!

http://thundercats.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters_(original_series)

So, I figured I'd post these here as well as my customs page. I guess its lousy timing on my part, but the look of the Thundercats really is my favorite of all superhero/comic/movie/etc... Maybe not as good as the official, but these are my attempt at them, Panthro is about 90% done, just needs a face decal, and paint on his boots, wrist, and other straps

post-21-0-69688700-1341249052_thumb.jpgpost-21-0-75059300-1341249053_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-49765300-1341249054_thumb.jpgpost-21-0-24911500-1341249055_thumb.jpg

post-21-0-14128100-1341249056_thumb.jpg

Man, this set is just perfect. Amazing to see Panthro in minimate form. I, too, and really hoping they make more than just this set. There are so many other characters that I would love to see in minimate form. Mumm-Ra the Everliving, Slithe, Tygra, Grune, Bengali, Lynx-O, the Tiger Sharks, Monkian and Jackleman.

But after this set, what I would love to see more than another other is a minimate of Claudus, Lion-O's father and previous lord of Thunderra.

Like some people have already mentioned, this line is totally going to be combined with the Battle Beasts line. With just a little bit of added armor, they will fit right in with Vorin and the other beasts.

Really awesome. Really hoping to see more.

I hope they get to make more than just this one boxed set.

Well this set is called the "Series 1 Box Set" on AFX's site, and Chuck implied in the new Q&A that this is the first product in a line, so all signs point to yes.

Fantastic! There's still so much more they could do with the line.

Panthro is about 90% done, just needs a face decal, and paint on his boots, wrist, and other straps

Interesting that you put sculpted ears on him, too. If I had been making a custom, I honestly wouldn't have thought to do that; I would have just gone with decals. It really does work for this particular character, though, doesn't it?

Here’s some pointless wishlisting:

ALL TYGRA BOX SET!!!

-Tygra, with short and long whip

-Phasing Tygra

-Clear Tygra

-Bengali: the other Tygra

PVC pack-in: Wily Kat (as a call back to the original toy line where Tygra came with a PVC pack-in of Wily Kat)

then the other box sets round out nicely with

-Cheetara, Pumyra, Lynx-O, whatever mutant you want first. PVC Wily Kat

-BodyBuilder Mumm-Ra, the other three mutants. PVC Mumm-mut

the end!

Well this set is called the "Series 1 Box Set" on AFX's site, and Chuck implied in the new Q&A that this is the first product in a line, so all signs point to yes.

I was just about to mention the Q&A answer and how it sounded like there's a full Thundercats line planned :)

What about a variant set of the Thundercats based on the pilot? It'd be a way to get a child version of Lion-o and ... they weren't wearing uniforms, were they?

Moving on. :)

Seriously though, if we're allowed wishful thinking then I'd like to see the Kits in 1 inch scale.

You mean that you are designing them and they are not ready to be shown? Backstage stuff,right? Gotcha ;)

I'm going to bring my turtle ban back from the dead (or the storage)

I keep my bans in the garage. Every now and then I go out there and forbid the Rock Lords from entering the house.

It's almost as if they made the first set too good. Even without Snarf, it's a must own boxset. With Snarf, you need a minimum of 2.

Nobody wants to launch a line with a crummy box set.

I keep my bans in the garage. Every now and then I go out there and forbid the Rock Lords from entering the house.

Awwww, Rock Lords need love too....just, ya know.......not as minimates :)