UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

I have no idea at all about Thundercats but I love what I'm seeing :thumbsup:

Thundercats was a show with a decent following. It was up there with Masters of the Universe and Transformers, but toy lines never got rolling for the show. They are out there, but not like the other two mentioned shows.

I imagine the Multiverse will do a few contests with items like this soon.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count MOTU out just yet. Funko has picked up the MOTU license for bobbleheads and Pop figures plus there have been a few companies that'll be releasing MOTU product this year (including another AFX exclusive). It could be a matter of time before they want to branch out more.

MOTU's still looking at making those really nice stylized mini-figures from a few years back, so i would say they'll be out for a good while.

WOW, Mumm-ra and Panthro look pretty perfect with the source work. It's all been said before, this may be the perfect Minimate license; they're all just so accurate and fun-looking. Glad i was right about Mumm-ra, too. I'm really impressed with these, they're coming along wonderfully.

I'm not too sure we'll see Lion-O though. I mean, it's highly likely, and a huge selling-point, but i'm leaning towards another secondary character or some Lion-O variant. Thinking we'll get a "real" one in the main line.

I'm not too sure we'll see Lion-O though. I mean, it's highly likely, and a huge selling-point, but i'm leaning towards another secondary character or some Lion-O variant. Thinking we'll get a "real" one in the main line.

After Zach's comment about this being AFX's baby, I'm leaning more towards expecting just exclusive box sets, rather than a full line at retail. I could see Lion-O being the draw for this one, and transformed Mumm-ra being the draw for a later set with Tygra and Cheetara -- maybe released alongside another Alpha Flight set for NYCC?

I agree with folks saying that the Thundercats are a near perfect match with Minimates. But I personally think there are other lines, and components of existing lines that are equally great matches. Silver Age Marvel and DC characters for example (kills me we didn't get more JSA and classic Titans in the DC line), Hanna Barbara characters (including Space Ghost/Birdman), and of course, the Banana Splits.

I have no idea at all about Thundercats but I love what I'm seeing :thumbsup:

Thundercats was a show with a decent following. It was up there with Masters of the Universe and Transformers, but toy lines never got rolling for the show. They are out there, but not like the other two mentioned shows.

I imagine the Multiverse will do a few contests with items like this soon.

Sometimes.....just sometimes....I'm reminded of how old I actually am & this is one of those moments.

Coming into this thread feels like I've just walked into my local pub & everybody is talking French ,smiling & saying how especially good the new beer is :unsure:

I'll have to get up to speed on Thundercats from scratch (meeow)& it is ironic as f*ck that I've had the first 4 copies of the new UK Thundercats mags in my house for weeks yet never read them :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

This has to be the greatest set ever made, look how beautiful they look, and snarf is done brilliantly, the perfect little hints of a minimate in a great smaller scale. I just can't stop gushing over these, and noone in the factory that I work at could care. Sometimes its tough being blue collar, lol

I will add that a few years ago we might not have gotten the sculpted belts on panthro and lion-0 which I think are a must, and lion-0's hairay have been a reused part from someone. As much as its killed me waiting, I'm glad that I had to, only to be quite surprised out of the blue and run down by the "Thundertrain"!

A+ on this set I would love to be able to track down a pic of the Lion-O from Toyfare as I remember it looked scary like this offical one. I'm guessing these are still proto shots as I'm surprised no big glove thing for Lion-O.

Lion-O and Snarf pics are up. These are just excellent. I won't even mind paying AFX's crazy shipping to get them.

http://www.thundercatsnow.com/2012/06/sdcc-2012-thundercats-exclusives-lion-o-minimate/

I hope if they can’t use the Father’s Day Kids Base (it’s a subcontracted line, they can have scale differences) they handle the ThunderKittens like Snarf and make them accessories sculpted to look like tiny minimates, I’m in awe at the fact Snarf has a minimate’s thigh, knees, feet, and face when they could have just sculpted him as a tiny full detailed Snarf.

also I wonder for future box sets, since this is a retailer exclusive AND it’s based on a niche property if future sets will forego a Lion-O variant in favor of ‘the draw being a complete team’, since I can’t imagine a fan of 80’s Thundercats fan not wanting a box set of JUST the rest of the main team or Bodybuilder Mumm-Ra and some mutants*, and then said fan of the show being enticed into buying those sets because it included screaming Lion-O or Thunderkitten Lion-O or something. I mean I can see why TRU would have wanted a Lion-O on the shelf at all times, but AFX isn’t TRU so... yeah, they’ll get my money either way I just hope they get it by making new characters and not by thinking a Lion-O in every set pads the line so they can make more money with extra sets.

(*I can see the ‘new’ Thundercats being a hard sale since they’re late additions, maybe that’s the set to include a topless swimming Lion-O or something with)

WoW Lion-O looks Awesome.I noticed a peg on his belt hopefully its for his glove :) .Snarf is fantastic did not expect him BONUS!!!

DST, I accept your apology for making Kang before Rocket Raccoon :D. Judging by Luke's comments earlier (secret licence) I am wondering if we'll see more than just one boxset. While my memories are vague they could easily do a wave or two with the remaining characters.

HOLY SNARF!

i really hope we see more to this line, whether its TRU waves, Specialty waves, Boxsets or even just a few follow up two packs, i really wanna round out the main group and get a powered up Mumm-Ra.

Back when my only means of watching cartoons was VHS tapes, i used to go to this little movie rental place where the guy would record cartoons for me (especially for me) and so i would watch Thundercats, Transformers G1, GIjoe and He-Man :D

good times.... and now they are back! :D