UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

Hello Everyone,

The official Thundercats facebook page has updated their page with a picture of the first Thundercats minimate, Spirit of Jaga.

178727_350880034981447_957000078_o.jpg

Here's a link to their post about it:

I am very excited about this. But I am wondering if they are going to make an entire set or wave of these? I wouldn't think they would do something along these lines just for a single figure. But you guys know minimates better than I do. What do you think? I am really hoping to see Lion-O, Panthro, Tygra, etc... in Minimate form.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. :biggrin: I wonder if AFX & DST know somebody let the "cat" out of the bag before their official announcements? Can't wait to see more. BTW, could somebody pick up Lobsterman's jaw off the floor. ;)

Yeah, I wonder if they realize someone stole their thunder...

I know no one predicted these, but I'll say that I'm pleasantly (un)surprised. I loved ThunderCats as a kid, but I just couldn't stand the toys or the cartoon. The idea was great though and I love the idea of Minimates of them. Hopefully this line will last long enough to do the name justice. Anyone else think this is one set that might sell out at SDCC?

Thundercats Minimates are on the move. Thundercats Minimates are loose

Thunder Thunder Thundercats

HOOOOOOOO!

This is such awesome news.

So is the Thundertank going to be a Minimate vehicle or is it a statue?

Edited by Heroic Slacker

Anyone else think this is one set that might sell out at SDCC?

Based on the response on the T-cats facebook page where this was announced, I think it will probably do pretty well.

One of the coolest things about this announcement? Usually we see design sheets or protos for brand new licenses, then have to wait six months to a year to actually get them. I will have Thundercats Minimates in my hand in two weeks.

---

Yeah, 1200 likes and 76 shares. Might want to preorder this one.

Edited by Lobsterman

Based on the response on the T-cats facebook page where this was announced, I think it will probably do pretty well.

---

Yeah, 1200 likes and 76 shares. Might want to preorder this one.

More than a few comments on the Facebook page think it's Lego Thundercats... Plus side is lots of new potential addicts to Minimates. :biggrin:

My effin dream come true! Really. Since the first minimate I got, and seeing minimyte's lion-0 all those years ago, I've wanted these. I've had a lion-0 99% done for months, and a panthro about 50% done. Question is, do I even post them now?

I swore they were gonna be shown at toyfair, and was so let down that they weren't

Now where is that thundertank!

I'm more surprised people are surprised.

I'll buy the exclusive, not sure if i'm sold on the entire line. As i said in the SDCC thread, i watched Thundercats reruns as a kid and enjoyed it but was never obsessed or felt the need to have figures or anything. I like the way Jaga looks though.

I expect mummy Mumm-ra to be in this, with big Mumm-ra coming later. Dunno about the others though.

Well, there goes my Marvel-only collecting rule!

Second. Just when my wallet thought I'd curb my spending and started to limit my collection, THIS had to happen :P

Have to say, of all the exclusives this is the one that interests me the most. Can't wait to see more :D