UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Play Arts Kai

That sounds about right. Still, I was shocked that Batgirl's legs are longer than her entire torso and head. Lara has similar problems. She doesn't look like a teenager as she should. That, combined with the bad paint job and lack luster articulation made me want to scream. Still, a few paint apps and she's alright to display now.

lara3_zps1d5b66e9.jpg

And TTF. Aside from Black Lotus and Metris if I actually owned her, I've never had a problem posing Figmas without their stands.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Teenager? Isn't Lara a college grad in this? She has pictures with Sam at University. So, that puts her around 23-25 considering her knowledge of archaic cultures (i'm assuming she's likely a grad student), which makes her a full-fledged woman.

I didn't have any problems with the paint or articulation; i've got her holding her shotgun and the paint looks appropriately muddy. Guess it's just a matter of preference then.

I agree about standing. Hitman was fine on the shelf until I moved him to put Chun Li up. Now he can't stand without toppling forward. I had to get some (albeit inexpensive) doll stands off eBay to keep them upright (she wasn't falling, but I didn't want to take any chances).

• 4 months later...

I got the DKR Catwoman while on holiday and it is absolutely stunning.

I won't get a chance to display for a while but it is a cool figure, the details are amazing and the articulation is really fun

• 6 months later...

I started collecting the Play Arts Kai Metal Gear Solid collection with an emphasis on obtaning all the variations of Big Boss and Solid Snake. The quality is great but I have most of my figures Mint In Box. The thing to watch out with these figures is that there are a lot of bootlegs out there. I would essentially stay away from Ebay and Amazon as they are plagued with bootleg copies and could be easily passed by as authentic in photos but suffer from extremely bad paint jobs and lackluster quality when removed from the box.

TM2Dinobot - it seems to me that you have a bootleg copy of Lara. There are many telltale sign of bootlegs that I highly recommend that you read at this blog.

http://jeri-reyes.blogspot.com/2012/05/play-arts-play-arts-kai-bootlegs-tell.html

As you can see by the picture here that the bootlegs look very similar indeed but the differences are present.

Play%2BArts%2BKai%2BLara%2Bbootleg%2B05.

The one of the left is the original and the one on the right is bootleg.

It was difficult for me to find the 25th anniversary Solid Snake so I had to rely on Ebay. Once you know of what to look for and what to avoid it became extremely complicated to get out of stock authentic figures for a good price. I managed to find one and you could immediately tell of the great quality.