UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick replies!

I contacted the seller, he will see if he can find it for me?

Hopefully he will and i wont have to trouble you, but thanks for the offer, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Edited by Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody else have a Shaman that's enormous? Like, freakishly larger then other Minimates? Even without the tall boots and the belt, he stands just as high as a mate with normal feet. I'll see if I can get some pics. I remember having the same problem with some of the MAX stuff, seems like the legs were cast from a different mold.

• 1 month later...

Just got my Alpha Flight 2 set..... Damn - that Aurora hair-piece is not going on without damaging the head.

Apart from that - this set is a total knock-out. It's sooooo awesome to see a whole team rounded out like this so quickly. I'm loving having the whole team as i remember them lined up on my bookshelf :)

EDIT: has anyone noticed the unusual hip piece for Sasquatch? It ... well... doesn't have hips? Perhaps this allows for the chest piece to sit on better?

Has it been used before? This is the first time i've noticed it being used.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking through the sale items on Luke's anniversary sale, I was a little shocked to see the Alpha Flight sets marked down 50%, not even a year after their release. I think that's the most I've seen a set discounted that soon. Did these just not sell at all? For how much excitement there was around getting a full team in two quick hits like that, it would be a shame for it to be a bellwether of how well semi-obscure, fan favorite teams do. It would also be a shame for it to be the first and last time AFX puts their money into an experiment like that... sad.png

Edited by Lobsterman

Ever considered how uber-niche Minimates are ?

Kinda sorta relevant confused.gif ....... 330,000,000 + US population , 34,000,000 + Canada population ..............typical Minimate box set run = 3000.

I liked Alpha Flight (the comic) & as a Minimate fan it was great to get them ..in fact I was amazed to get them at all .

My guess ? 2000 sets may have sold very well....the last 1000 is icing in the cake for AFX whatever the return.

Yeah - i was a bit shocked to see that too.

Seeing AFX release these two sets back-to-back gave me hope that we might see a similar treatment in the future for teams with large rosters like X-Factor, Masters of Evil, Gen X, GotG, etc.

Seeing them on sale so soon dashes ones hopes a bit...

Edited by Nessex

My guess ? 2000 sets may have sold very well....the last 1000 is icing in the cake for AFX whatever the return.

This is pretty much right on the nose. AFX likes to keep their inventory moving fast, so they usually offer us a buy-out of whatever quantity they have left of their exclusives once it has been on the market for a certain amount of time.