UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

I wan to buy a couple of 3-inch mates ( i want to make darkseid and a couple of other big characters) so i'll maybe try making a 3 inch Sasquatch as well. It all depends on when i finish the other 30 or so customs i have on my workbench (and they all have sculpted pieces and extra weapons so it'll make me a month or so).

Edited by Kostisfire

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wan to buy a couple of 3-inch mates ( i want to make darkseid and a couple of other big characters) so i'll maybe try making a 3 inch Sasquatch as well. It all depends on when i finish the other 30 or so customs i have on my workbench (and they all have sculpted pieces and extra weapons so it'll make me a month or so).

Thats what I did. The Mugato is a good place to start for a Sassy custom... I did ditch mine when we got the official release though.

I do think the Sasquatch figure is good considering the look of the character. And considering he's a good guy. However if the Wendigo looks this fluffy that'll be :( He needs to be more menacing.

Damn, Amazon has the Aurora set for $7 dollars......for that price Im probably going to get another just for parts. The hand holding piece, Auroras head/hairs, Shaman's hair and the flight stands are worth that much to me..........

Damn, Amazon has the Aurora set for $7 dollars......for that price Im probably going to get another just for parts. The hand holding piece, Auroras head/hairs, Shaman's hair and the flight stands are worth that much to me..........

I hear that! I used Shaman's hair for Moonstar, and am painting the white hair piece for Psylocke while using the black one for Spider-Woman.

I hear that! I used Shaman's hair for Moonstar, and am painting the white hair piece for Psylocke while using the black one for Spider-Woman.

I just made a Moonstar with SFxTekken's Julia hairpiece but now that Luke sent me an extra Alpha Flight set for one of my $5 Anniversary grab bags, I may have to make another one with the extra Shaman I have! (Never enough Dani Moonstar pieces for me!) Great idea, sir!

Just reposting some comic panels I did for my second Alpha Flight review for minijeff's Portrait Of An Addiction blog. You saw most of the action pics over in the General Minimate Pictures Thread but I wanted to post the review panels here. Enjoy!

page09.jpg

page13bg.jpg

page12a.jpg

page11vy.jpg

k9wg.jpg

page10e.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I just made a Moonstar with SFxTekken's Julia hairpiece but now that Luke sent me an extra Alpha Flight set for one of my $5 Anniversary grab bags, I may have to make another one with the extra Shaman I have! (Never enough Dani Moonstar pieces for me!) Great idea, sir!

Thanks, I tried the Jill hairpiece too but for some reason I didn't like it. I think I couldn't get the black the right color. Can't wait to see yours!2013-06-15123153_zpsd77be86e.jpg

Edited by thereasonsy

• 1 month later...

Sorry to post here after so long, but I've only just got around to purchasing the second boxset from Luke.

In regards to the giant boots on Shaman, could I just trim a couple of mm's off the bottom of his legs to balance it out? Or would that makes the peg holes too shallow?

Sorry to post here after so long, but I've only just got around to purchasing the second boxset from Luke.

In regards to the giant boots on Shaman, could I just trim a couple of mm's off the bottom of his legs to balance it out? Or would that makes the peg holes too shallow?

I did that liney, it helps a little bit but not much. I might have WIP pics somewhere, I'll look....

Edited by bigvis497

I did that liney, it helps a little bit but not much. I might have WIP pics somewhere, I'll look....

That's a bit of a shame then. Would love to see those WIP's if you can find them. Any other suggestions of shortening him?

In the end I took some sandpaper to Shaman, took a good 3mm off each leg, 1mm on the top of the belt piece and another 1/2mm from the chest. Made him a bit shorter, but still a bit tall for my liking. I've decided its the hair that's still making him too big now.

In the end I took some sandpaper to Shaman, took a good 3mm off each leg, 1mm on the top of the belt piece and another 1/2mm from the chest. Made him a bit shorter, but still a bit tall for my liking. I've decided its the hair that's still making him too big now.

Liney, I couldn't find my pics unfortunately, but if you take shaman's boots off, hair off, belt off, and line him up with a Minimate who had normal feet ON, they're the same size. So it's a mold issue. I've had the same problem with a lot of the MAX mates, seems like the legs are cast from different molds.