UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

Just got my order in the mail yesterday afternoon from Luke. Alpha Flight is awesome. Aurora definitely has issues with her black hair piece, but I managed to get it on there after a little work. Having the main members of Alpha Flight in any kind of toy form like this is awesome.

The minimates toy line has really given me a lot of teams and characters I've wanted to get in some kind of figure form in the past few years. Things other toy companies have never done before.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my order in the mail yesterday afternoon from Luke. Alpha Flight is awesome. Aurora definitely has issues with her black hair piece, but I managed to get it on there after a little work. Having the main members of Alpha Flight in any kind of toy form like this is awesome.

The minimates toy line has really given me a lot of teams and characters I've wanted to get in some kind of figure form in the past few years. Things other toy companies have never done before.

I agree, although the Marvel Universe/Legends stuff still has a few that I've really been chomping at the bit for to get as minimates. I'm definetly thankful we've gotten many of the characters so far.

Kang, Grim Reaper, MODOK and Alpha Flight in one year? AWESOME.

Verily! And that Alpha went from 0 to essentially complete in the space of a few months is equally awesome.

Verily! And that Alpha went from 0 to essentially complete in the space of a few months is equally awesome.

Which is exciting for the next team DST focuses on!! (Please let it be the Inhumans!)

As for AFX, between their shipping prices and the failure of a lot of preorders to come through for me as well, I don't order from them anymore. I'm willing to buy their stock from someone else like Luke.

It's weird though. As negative as I feel about some aspects of dealing with AFX, I have to acknowledge their support of Minimates. Without them, we wouldn't even have Thundercats Minimates, or Alpha Flight.

I can't help but feel they'll be alright business-wise by offloading their exclusives to other retailers like Luke. I'd hate to think they were taking a loss on these, since then the future wouldn't be as bright for more exclusives.

I'm not a fan of either Alpha Flight or Thundercats, yet here I am buying them all. That to me says a lot about the quality of their designs. I just hope they don't get any Walking Dead or anything else I want to army build.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it was mentioned a page ago. Try popping it into boiling water for a minute. That might get the plastic to remember it's proper shape.

I just got these sets for Christmas (thanks to Luke!) and it's so cool being able to assemble a complete team in two boxed sets in such a short pan of time. Love the figures and the accessories.

So I finally got the last Alpha Flight box set recently. Did anyone else have issues with putting on Aurora's alternate hair piece (the darker one)? I cannot get the thing to go on.

You're not alone. Check back in this thread and you'll see practically everyone who got this set had the same trouble with Aurora's dark hairpiece. There are also a few remedies posted to help fix it. ;)

Had to take her head off, and it took effort but its on now. And its of course never coming off!!

I would be VERY happy to see this become the trend. .. Especially if the Inhumans or X-Factor (90's or modern) :)

There is great satisfaction to be had form the completion of teams... alas - it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it's due to the obscurity of a character (Gateway from X-Men: the Aussie years), sometimes i think DST just misses their window (Beast from the X-Men: First Class comic series). I'm still holding out hope that we'll see Siryn, Warpath, Sunspot (& Gideon LOL) from 90's X-Force though.

I think the release model used for Alpha Flight is a great one & i hope AA/DST carries it forward and uses it to complete larger teams in the future.

I would be VERY happy to see this become the trend. .. Especially if the Inhumans or X-Factor (90's or modern) :)

There is great satisfaction to be had form the completion of teams... alas - it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it's due to the obscurity of a character (Gateway from X-Men: the Aussie years), sometimes i think DST just misses their window (Beast from the X-Men: First Class comic series). I'm still holding out hope that we'll see Siryn, Warpath, Sunspot (& Gideon LOL) from 90's X-Force though.

I think the release model used for Alpha Flight is a great one & i hope AA/DST carries it forward and uses it to complete larger teams in the future.

I agree with this. They did the same thing with the Thunderbolts and it pretty much worked out except for Songbird who we are getting soon.

I think Alpha Flight benefited from having a relatively small cast of generally agreed upon core/essential characters. Sure, there are still a double handful of Alphas still unmade, but outside of Talisman I think most fans would agree the team is complete. Only the Inhumans has a similarly small roster, with a broad consensus of who needs to be there to consider the group complete. But alas we seem destined to only see that family at an agonizingly slow trickle of a pace.

I think Alpha Flight benefited from having a relatively small cast of generally agreed upon core/essential characters. Sure, there are still a double handful of Alphas still unmade, but outside of Talisman I think most fans would agree the team is complete. Only the Inhumans has a similarly small roster, with a broad consensus of who needs to be there to consider the group complete. But alas we seem destined to only see that family at an agonizingly slow trickle of a pace.

Talisman! Diamond Lil! Classic Box (Roger Bochs)!

I'm not even Canadian...

White Snowbird-Sasquatch! Purple Girl! White/Yellow Aurora!

Hey, I didn't say I couldn't rattle off a list of unmade Alphas. But before these 10 mates were made, if you asked most fans to give an essential AF lineup, top ten vote getters would be close, if not identical, to what's been made. That's not a common thing in comics teams. Scads of X-Men toys made, but most fans consider the team "incomplete" for want of a handful of characters. Considering who the ever expanding size of the roster, I doubt the Avengers will ever be"done".

It's probably due, at least in part, to the length of the run the comics themselves had. Alpha Flight hasn't spanned the 50+ years that the Avengers or X-Men had. While you could say there's pretty definitive line-ups for certain era's & factions of the X-Men & Avengers, Alpha Flight has had less than half the amount of publication time & spin-offs - so their 'core' characters are probably a bit easier to define.

Even on Wiki, the first picture is of the 8 characters from the box-sets. I'd be more than happy to see some more of the later characters get released, but i don't feel like we'll see a Flex/Radius/Goblyn any time soon.

Hey, I didn't say I couldn't rattle off a list of unmade Alphas. But before these 10 mates were made, if you asked most fans to give an essential AF lineup, top ten vote getters would be close, if not identical, to what's been made. That's not a common thing in comics teams. Scads of X-Men toys made, but most fans consider the team "incomplete" for want of a handful of characters. Considering who the ever expanding size of the roster, I doubt the Avengers will ever be"done".

No, I agree-- not a competition, my friend. Just being silly.

I'm very satisfied with what we got. To tell you the truth, I'm surprised we even got Box. I would be one happy collector if maybe once a year a team gets the "Alpha" treatment.

I agree, although for all intents and purposes, I would prefer the classic Box, just because he fits in better with the characters produced so far.

Edited by emperorshotz

If we got another Snowbird, I'd like an animal accessory or two with her. Maybe an owl & a wolf. Make it the size of, like, the Phoenix stand. Or better yet, Terror Dog-like pieces to turn her into the wolf! OR!! OR!!! :lol: A white repaint of SFxT Kuma! I'd love a polar bear Minimate!!

Owl & wolf accessories, polar bear pieces to put over her. Yeah. I'd like that.