UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad to admit I haven't read a ton of actual Alpha Flight books. Can a connoisseur tell me which of Vindicator's visors is "more" accurate? That they included both tells me she wore both for a fair amount of time, but I seem to recall the Toybiz figure wearing the blue one. Is that the iconic look?

Edited by Lobsterman

I don't recall any significance to the color of the visor over the years, but it has been 20 years since I read these stories.

Going through the covers, the first true appearance and cover with Heather appearing in this costume was #32, and it was a red visor.

02918755360.32.GIF

Issue #33 and 34's covers had the wrong mask entirely! Damn Mignola, that guy will never amount to anything! :)

02918755360.33.GIF

02918755360.34.GIF

Issue #39 features a blue visor on the cover.

02918755360.39.GIF

As did #40, with the classic 25th Anniversary border!

02918755360.40.GIF

Whoever did the coloring for Jim Lee's covers used a red visor for his covers:

02918755360.56.GIF

02918755360.90.GIF

It looks to me that the blue visor was commonly drawn earlier, with the red visor becoming the standard that was eventually adopted for the rest of the first volume.

02918755360.100.GIF

Volume 2, she had an entirely new green costume:

02919805272.5.GIF

But she went back to the classic costume with red visor for the Fear Itself tie-in.

02921905096.8.GIF

I'm gonna go with the Blue visor i think. Not for any continuity reasons, but just because i like my minimates to be bright & colourful, and this will add a bit more diversity to the AlphaFlight crew.

I'm gonna go with the Blue visor i think. Not for any continuity reasons, but just because i like my minimates to be bright & colourful, and this will add a bit more diversity to the AlphaFlight crew.

I agree.

Just ordered the NYCC set, now just need to find the TRU ones in store.

Has anyone figured out why Heather and Box come with the Nova flight stand from the Galactus box? I cant figure it out...

I think its just a blast off stand for Box, but like with Magma it doesn't work that well.

It doesn't work at all... Unless I'm missing something...

Wheres Zach?

• 2 weeks later...

ordered both sets from Luke (waiting on the box set 2 to get in stock) but looking forward to it.

was never a big fan of alpha flight, but to be able to complete a team quickly (along with the tru 2 pack) is pretty awesome.

now if only I could find the x-factor angel at a reasonable price to finish my original x-factor group :(

In all my decades of comic reading, I never really read much Alpha Flight. Since the introduction of these minimates set, I've went back and started reading from the beginning. Really good stuff, starting with the Byrne run.

I just can't get over how ecstatic I am that I have my second favorite team in Minimate form!!

Still waiting on Number One, though, DST...

Bah.

GpsO9.jpg

(plus Blob)

A1r32.jpg

and don't forget all those awesome, neglected Defenders.

Edited by karamazov80

*ahem*

I just can't get over how ecstatic I am that I have MY second favorite team in Minimate form!!

Still waiting on Number One, though, DST...

108157-186325-x-factor_super.jpg

:happy:

Neither of what you posted is MY number one favorite team.

I don't even know who that awful team in that nice Alex Ross painting are supposed to be.