UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one getting a Juliette Lewis vibe from Snowbird? :mellow:

Now that you said that, I can't help but see Juliette Lewis when I look at the minimate. Thanks a lot. :lol:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 2 weeks later...

The coolest accessory aside from Pucks "standing" hand has to be the Aurora/Northstar "hand holding" hands. You cant see it in the group shot very well so here is a close up. This I think was a REALLY cool touch... No pun intended. One word of warning. One of my Sassy's leg pegs snapped right off. So be careful... Lucky for me I had a spare Professor Hulk to swap out the broken piece.

post-679-0-90590600-1350191902_thumb.jpg

oh awesome! The really have hit the ball out of the park with the Alpha Flight 'mates. aside from maybe wanting Sasquatch to be sculpted with a little more shagginess, i really can't find much to fault any of the sets. The extra's included (2 masks for Vindicator, Puck Hand, Twins hands & extra hair, flight stands, robot head, hologram head, lightning etc...) are superb. these sets are about as close to 10/10 as one could get, i think. There's very little in the way of 'missed opportunities' here.

Little help from anyone who read AlphaFlight - was the Holo-head from box featured much in the comics?

oh awesome! The really have hit the ball out of the park with the Alpha Flight 'mates. aside from maybe wanting Sasquatch to be sculpted with a little more shagginess, i really can't find much to fault any of the sets. The extra's included (2 masks for Vindicator, Puck Hand, Twins hands & extra hair, flight stands, robot head, hologram head, lightning etc...) are superb. these sets are about as close to 10/10 as one could get, i think. There's very little in the way of 'missed opportunities' here.

Little help from anyone who read AlphaFlight - was the Holo-head from box featured much in the comics?

I think that came later on in the series when Madison Jefferies became a sort of Ghost in the Machine. Most of the time he just appeared as Box. It has been many many years but I think thats the case.

How do you contact customer service? My Aurora 2nd hairpiece was warped.

Mine was tough to put on. I thought it was warped but I did get it on. Its quite tight. It also sits away from her shoulders. As if to make room for a cape... Strange. Try holding it over steam to soften it and then put it on. thats should work.

Edited by Rheul

can we get some more pics?

also does Snow Bird come with anything cool?

I'll try to take some better pics later... No promices though... My shows are on tonight :) The Set came with that blue lightening effect and a matching blue energy fist thingie. I guess you can use those for either Snowbird or Shaman.

Mine was tough to put on. I thought it was warped but I did get it on. Its quite tight. It also sits away from her shoulders. As if to make room for a cape... Strange. Try holding it over steam to soften it and then put it on. thats should work.

I can't get mine on either. I don't think the problem is that it's warped, but that it's either too small or wasn't cut right. Even if I could get the hair to slide down the head (which I can't), the peg wouldn't line up with the head hole.

It was a struggle to change my Aurora's hair piece as well. You have to tip her head forward and start pulling the hair fromher forehad back. I hope that makes sense but it will eventually go on with a little effort. I picked up the TRU set this weekend. ALPHA FLIGHT IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay. :thumbsup:

I can't get mine on either. I don't think the problem is that it's warped, but that it's either too small or wasn't cut right. Even if I could get the hair to slide down the head (which I can't), the peg wouldn't line up with the head hole.

The 2 sets I got had the same hair problem as you guys. I don't think it's an isolated incident. I plopped both brunette hair pieces into a cup of boiling water for a minute and both did go on Aurora's head. In a comparison (side by side) look you can see that the white hair is slightly larger. My guess is that the brunette hairpieces were not popped onto the minimates at the point they came off the assembly line and that in turn caused them to shrink a bit after some lengthy curing time. Just my opinion. :confused:

Good luck to y'all with this problem.