UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really didn't mean to sound snippy... I was just shocked.

Here's the thing re: Talisman - I'm a casual Alpha Flighter. If you told me to name ten members, I'd say:

Puck, Guardian, Sasquatch, Vindicator, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar... Wolverine and... the chick with the needle?

I only know who Box is through his recent appearances in X-Men and I don't assume he's an iconic member of the team. The fish girl, again, I've seen, but don't immediately have any clue who she is or why she's here. My first thought is: wasn't she a New Warrior? (I know that was Namorita, but it's still the first person I thought of...) And yet, still, I'd put Marinna and Box in these packs WELL before I could even tell you who or what Talisman is.

PS - the chick with the needle was from Alpha Flight... 100... I think? Her and Smart Alec and St. Elmo and a few others formed the Alpha Flight team that was trained by Wolverine and that fought Egghead and Porcupine (among others) in what was thankfully the only comic book I ever read that featured any of those characters.

Good effort though, Ness, good effort.

And I am just tired enough, udp, that when I got to that Toad, my was geuinely confused for a minute as to whether or not that was "real" and I just missed the announcement somewhere. Very nice custom.

I really didn't mean to sound snippy... I was just shocked.

Here's the thing re: Talisman - I'm a casual Alpha Flighter. If you told me to name ten members, I'd say:

Puck, Guardian, Sasquatch, Vindicator, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar... Wolverine and... the chick with the needle?

I only know who Box is through his recent appearances in X-Men and I don't assume he's an iconic member of the team. The fish girl, again, I've seen, but don't immediately have any clue who she is or why she's here. My first thought is: wasn't she a New Warrior? (I know that was Namorita, but it's still the first person I thought of...) And yet, still, I'd put Marinna and Box in these packs WELL before I could even tell you who or what Talisman is.

PS - the chick with the needle was from Alpha Flight... 100... I think? Her and Smart Alec and St. Elmo and a few others formed the Alpha Flight team that was trained by Wolverine and that fought Egghead and Porcupine (among others) in what was thankfully the only comic book I ever read that featured any of those characters.

Not snippy. I'm glad my ignorance caused you shock.:lol:

Talisman's Shaman's daughter, and was his replacement; she'd be the only John Byrne member missing (not counting the original Box). I don't know that anyone's going to get to bent out of shape about her. Marinna, by the way, is probably best known as Namor's second wife, whom he had to slay after she turned into a sea monster. Which, oddly enough, is exactly what happened to my first girlfriend. :huh:

I think that issue you're talking about was a special, after AF was cancelled. Pat Broderick did the art. It was... not good. Best artist to ever illustrate Alpha Flight? That would be this guy:

X-Men--Alpha%2BFlight%2B-%2B02%2B-%2B01.jpg

And thanks for posting the pic. I know it was posted somewhere else over the last few days, but it's now buried deep in some recess of the internet.

Well NR is not around as much as she used to be and we've yet to train an assistant archivist/super-searchologist to magically produce links to other older posts the way she can. You don't know how much you depend on something like that until it's not there.

Its uncanny how you guys can suss out exact plans based on just a few clues.

Thanks... wait... that was another clue wasn't it... hmmm... wait, wait, my bad. I think he was just being sarcastic that time. nothing to see here... or was there.... :wacko:

And thanks for posting the pic. I know it was posted somewhere else over the last few days, but it's now buried deep in some recess of the internet.

Well NR is not around as much as she used to be and we've yet to train an assistant archivist/super-searchologist to magically produce links to other older posts the way she can. You don't know how much you depend on something like that until it's not there.

Its uncanny how you guys can suss out exact plans based on just a few clues.

Thanks... wait... that was another clue wasn't it... hmmm... wait, wait, my bad. I think he was just being sarcastic that time. nothing to see here... or was there.... :wacko:

No, I'm really constantly shouting "DAMMIT!" at my screen whenever you guys magically guess exactly what the next box set or series breakdown or even license is gonna be. Granted, the next person then goes miles off course, but still having even one or two people predict our plans is pretty amazing.

Man I miss her. :(

No, I'm really constantly shouting "DAMMIT!" at my screen whenever you guys magically guess exactly what the next box set or series breakdown or even license is gonna be. Granted, the next person then goes miles off course, but still having even one or two people predict our plans is pretty amazing.

Yeah, I know it must miff you guys to know that I called your much anticipated Nighthawk/Hellcat pack way on back. And those guys who post after me, they really don't have a clue. Am I right? :highfive2:

Thanks for the pics gentlemen. I am super stoked to get my AF sets in the mail. I have a very apropos photo in mind for the team once they arrive and you can bet I will share it with y'all here.

thanks guys :D thats the only custom i actually feel proud of enough to use in my collection, and while i may have been faster Nessex, your pics are wayyyy better :)

waitaminute! didn't you get a very awesome Ultimate Hawkeye custom for christmas?

I think you scarred her off.

Yeah, yesterday morning I was trying to find that image, and then I thought to myself, "Well, I'll just be Mr. Helpful and post links to the new images in each of the more specific threads." But then I realized that nothing compares to Northraider.

Dear Northraider,

Edited by Turtle

Something about an infinite number of monkeys and the works of Shakespeare comes to mind.... :unsure:

Given some of us have been collecting for nearly a decade, have seen the release patterns and know AA/DST pretty well it's not surprising that we get it right sometimes.

T.

thanks guys :D thats the only custom i actually feel proud of enough to use in my collection, and while i may have been faster Nessex, your pics are wayyyy better :)

waitaminute! didn't you get a very awesome Ultimate Hawkeye custom for christmas?

i meant of the customs IVE MADE for myself :P

your hawkeye is standing proudly with his Avenger friends :D

I'm surprised no one talking about it yet (unless I missed it): no Talisman.:sad:

Who?

Puck, Guardian, Sasquatch, Vindicator, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Northstar... Wolverine and...?

This.

Hey, UDP, I'm sure you've been asked a thousand times (and I'm sure I was at least a few of them), but what's the recipe for Toad? I recognize most of the parts, but would like to know for sure...