UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

some intersting new accessories in this set. Pucks hand stand hand seems familiar, didnt someone use the same pose with an iron man hand? and the girl (namora?marina?) seems to have sculpted webbed hands

Damn! What an awesome little detail. Well spotted.

so we do all realize this is a set with 4 ENTIRELY new characters as mates right? :D

THIS!!!!

So much awesome! Don't think we've seen a set with all new characters for a good, long time. I can't wait to grab a set or two of these.

I do expect to see the entire team completed and spread over the box sets, and LCBS & TRU exclusive 2-packs. Isn't there a female Vindicator as well?

Yeah - she'll be coming in a TRU 2-pack with Box :)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F'ing sweet, that's all I can say. Best minimate news in years for me. Bring on Box Set #2 (and #3!!!!)

I hope these sell better than any of the other 4-packs of recent memory, to show DST that things like these, classics, long-term Marvel staples should be their focus for four-packs, not flashes in the pan like Age of X, Vampires and the two 'Mighty' sets.

OH YES this set is one I have been waiting for finally Alpha Flight.Im a kid in a candy store :biggrin:

so we do all realize this is a set with 4 ENTIRELY new characters as mates right? :D

Somebody call Valo.:biggrin:

Hey I was positive!! Haha. I like the set a lot. Although I must say Zach, as cool as these are, you just made NEW holes until we get the rest of the team....nudge nudge wink wink say no more. ;)

The robot in question was Delphine Courtney.

These look so awesome! Knew this was coming since Vindicator and Box were pretty low-profile for a first Alpha Flight reveal. Doesn't mean I'm any less excited! I'm constantly impressed by how much bang you get for your buck with Minimates, any other toy line would make these alternate looks "variants." Not DST!

Edited by bigvis497

I believe Megatron summarizes my feelings on this set.

You accidentally linked to the wrong video. This one has some wacky T-Rex robot thing, not Megatron.

I... You... WHAT?!

I KNOW!

My first reaction was to reach through the internet and punch him.

But I'm not really a violent/mean-spirited guy, so I reigned it in.

lolz...

There are many shows from my childhood I watch and enjoy... that aren't very good. I love them, and will watch them forever, but they're not really good shows. Not always bad, but not good. Power Rangers. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Most Marvel Cartoons.

That said... there are at least two that I call good shows... and those two are Beast Wars and Gargoyles.

Both are written well. Written intelligently at times. The voice acting in both is great. And both are enjoyable from both an adult perspective and as a children's show.

I will say the animation in Beast Wars is horribly dated today, but for its time it was great, so I can't hold that against it fairly.

But in any case, yes, it's one of the most awesome shows ever. People who refuse to watch it just because they're not trucks are missing out on 10 million pounds of awesome.

I'm definitely one of the people who calls it better than G1. I know it's debatable... but that's my opinion.

But it's a DAMN SIGHT better than anything that has come from Michael Bay. I will say without any doubt.

And I wish to god the team who made the War for Cybertron games would make a Beast Wars one... though I know it's not very likely.

They had a saying when working on Beast Wars.

"This looks a little obsolete."

"Well I'm sorry. This technology is at least 20 mins old, of course it looks dated!"

You can tell the technology advances in season 1. The first 3 episodes are horribly dated. But Other Voices is alright. And season 3? I'm sorry, but Proving Grounds is was better than anything we're getting in Prime.

Gargoyles was great. I remember watching it even though I wasn't supposed to (Magic=bad)

And then there was the entire DCAU. Batman TAS was amazing as a kid. Remember Growing Pains? My sister and I still only have to say "Yeah, Murder" for the other one to convey an entire conversation.

The 80's may have been the golden age of animation, but quite frankly I'm glad I did most of my growing up in the 90's. when they knew the importance of an amazing story. :thumbsup:

Alpha....Flight...minimates!?

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD!!!!

Holy crap this just made my morning! I will definitely have this set and hope for the remaining members.

If we get all of 90s X-Factor, The Wrecking Crew, and a few other wants (Banshee, Forge, Falcon, Black Knight) I will be so happy and satisfied with Miniamtes as the ULTIMATE Marvel toyline ever. Heck, in a lot of ways it already is.

How in the world did our Alpha Flight thread turn into a Transformers discussion thread? WHAT IS GOING ON?:wacko:

The universe is giving us a sign.Transformers in a thread which has nothing to do with it but is about an AFX exclusive,the other being a yet unnamed 80s property.It all makes sense,TRANSFORMERS IS THE 80s PROPERTY!!!:woot:

(Actually that's what i keep wishing :unsure: )

Amazing! Can't wait to get this set. Of course, waiting for that Box Set #2 as well....hope Aurora comes with special hands so her & Northstar can hold hands. :)

And btw....Beast Wars was amazing. Great characterization, tie in with G1, good toys.....just try and forget Beast Machines that came after it.

How in the world did our Alpha Flight thread turn into a Transformers discussion thread? WHAT IS GOING ON?:wacko:

Somebody confused a Transformers knock-off character (probably a Go-Bot) for Megatron, and it just snowballed from there.

Edited by karamazov80

We've been expecting an Alpha Flight set since Toy Fair, and now it's here, and I'm a little underwhelmed. It's like we've been sitting at the train station watching our train roll in very slowly, and now that it's here, I'm ready for the next train.

That said, it's a great looking set. They seem to draw very heavily from the original John Byrne art, like Marrina's face or Puck's details. And I love the little touches like throwing in Courtney's robot head and Puck's cartwheel hand. I'm happy to get it, but I can't help looking for box set #2...