UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say, on first look this set looked...OK...but upon closer examination, all the tampo's look INCREDIBLE, Guardian's mask and Pucks head gear look really nicely done and i love that they included things like the robot head for Guardian, the hand for Puck and the extra hair for Northstar :D

EDIT: the facebook album says: Alpha Flight Minimate set 1

could this mean there will be a Alpha Flight Minimate Set 2? ;)

Edited by undeadpool

Just realized, DST pulled a "First"! This is the first time Marina has appeared in a toyline! W00T!

Toybiz released an Alpha Flight series in 1999, but neither she nor Shaman wasn't part of it. If we get a Shaman 'mate, that will be a "first" as well.

Edited by youbastards

I think the lack of Sasquatch makes it blatantly obvious that there will be an Alpha Flight set 2, the 1 just re-enforces that notion. At bare minimum there'd have to be another 2-Pack coming.

I could see them skipping Shaman, I could see them skipping Snowbird, I could EVEN see them skipping Aurora even though they're making Northstar... but there's no way in hell they'd plan to make Alpha Flight and not make Sasquatch.

No way would Marrina and Box get made, and Sasquatch wouldn't.

So yeah, in B4 Sasquatch, Aurora, Snowbird & Shaman. :P

(Might as well just show'em to us Zach! Come'on! lolz...)

Oh and PS. To lavish praise, I'm always excited about any set that gives me a new X-Man, and Northstar covers that Angle so... *High Five*

Edited by Gillbob316

Looks like a nice set, I would like to get this set as well as the second set that needs to be made to complete the team. I think the characters are captured well in the set and hope that one day I could get a set.

At the least Gaurdian. I have an interest in the superheroes that use a national theme to their costumes.

Thank you for sharing the images of the set.

some intersting new accessories in this set. Pucks hand stand hand seems familiar, didnt someone use the same pose with an iron man hand? and the girl (namora?marina?) seems to have sculpted webbed hands

If they release another box for SDCC, it would make sense that it would consist of Sasquatch, Snowbird, Aurora, and Shaman. And if they did, these two boxes would easily be the most exciting things I've bought in a looooong time. Alpha Flight and their Maple Leaf motif are one of my most favourite teams in all of comic book history.

EDIT: Also, did anybody notice Marina's strange new hands?

Edited by Kamsm8

I hope Northstar indeed comes with both Black and White hair pieces, and that's not just a running change to the prototype we see pictured.

Puck appears to have a crotch cap and normal feet in the first pic, but no cap and shorty feet in the second pic, so I dunno... running changes seem to be happening from one set of pics to the next.

Because I believe Northstar's been drawn both ways, but I personally prefer Black, so I'd hate to be stuck with White. And I'd hate for those who prefer white find themselves in the opposite situation.

Not like it should be too hard to track down a black hairpiece, with the billion Iron Men out there... or I could even use Guardian's in theory... but still! I'd prefer not to. lol...

Edited by Gillbob316

When I heard Canada's Super Team was coming I expected the Trailer Park Boys. This is still very nice. Puck has a great face, will need doubles of him; he definitely needs the smaller feet.

I'm hoping the Brotherhood gets the other set because this is enough Alpha Flight to hold me over for a while. I'd rather see Sasquatch in a 2 Pack so there could be a possible Wendigo variant.

You're Welcome Canada!

Edited by WookieFodder