DC Minimates & everlasting optimism

buttheadsmate

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor noob

a bit harsh IMO

I know those members that have been here long enough know the whole DC thing inside and out and all the things he has suggested have a thread already. If I was any good with the search engine I would link him to the appropriate stuff.

Yeah Hex, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Swamp Thing and the Return of Swamp Thing, Steel, Catwoman, Superman 4: The Quest For Peace, Batman and Robin. . .so many brilliant DC films that deserve, nay, demand Minimitization.

Of course, some of those would be fantastic Minimates even though the movies all blew.

Yeah Hex, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Swamp Thing and the Return of Swamp Thing, Steel, Catwoman, Superman 4: The Quest For Peace, Batman and Robin. . .so many brilliant DC films that deserve, nay, demand Minimitization.

Of course, some of those would be fantastic Minimates even though the movies all blew.

Hey, George Lucas has made millions from toys based on movies that blew, ever since 1983.

Whether you thought the movie was good or not, at least Swamp Thing looked like Swamp Thing, Hex looked like Hex, Superman looked like Superman, etc. Talk shit about authenticity when Wolverine finally puts on his mask. So there. banana.gif

I'm right there with ya, buddy. I, too, would love some Jonah Hex movie minimates. smile.png

EDIT: Unless you were talking about the DCAU movies. Then heck yeah!

I've no interest in any of DC's animated "features" but if it's as close as we'll get to costume designs based on popular comic book runs, so be it.

Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Green Lantern (with heroes a'plenty) would be toward the top of my list but I can see Donner's Superman and Burton's Batman getting some interest. Nostalgia demands 'mates from Adventures of Superman and the '66 Batman as well. Bonus points if we can get Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman.

I own all of three DC Minimates, but I would buy the smurf out of a Batman/Batman Returns line. LEGO made that Keaton-style minifig a while back and I love it.

The all-black C3 Batman was close enough for me. That had a pretty Burton-esque feel to it. Penguin and Catwoman would have been cool.

The unproduced Batman Begins line looked awesome. Even the ones based on The Batman cartoon had some cool character designs.

Too bad Digger pissed off WB.

We're always looking for a way in. Non-comics versions would likely be our point of entry should it ever happen. Not Batman Classic TV, that license was a feeding frenzy, but there are others.

And it's probably a good thing. Sales have been a bit soft from what I've seen.

Video game and animated home video tie-ins would be enough to get the attention of DC collectors. I know I'd be interested in a line of Arkham Minimates based on ALL the games. I was also surprised that no one, not even DCC, offered figures based on the animated Green Lantern series.

The CW's Arrow and upcoming Flash series could offer some solid designs, certainly more visually interesting than that last Wolverine movie, in my opinion.

Man, I'd love tie ins to the great looking animated movies they put out. Also a video game like dc universe online, where you could tea up a heavy hitter with a hero or villain all geared up in one of the 100's of armor styles you earn in the game, then periodically offer armor upgrade packs with different styles ....I know I'd love it, but I may be the only one, lol.