UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CaptainPaco's Custom Minimates (Star Trek & DC plus more)

So I made my version of Thor the Unworthy.

ZOAuMNo.jpg

I retired my female version of Thor since I know we are getting an official one soon.

I made this one using Armored Thor's head and a Thor hairpiece along with Thor Now's boots. I think it is a Wolverine Chest block and right arm with an Iron Fist hand, with Colossus' left arm and a Dr. Doom Hand. The cape is Little Red's. I am not sure whose legs they are and the belt is one I got in a large bag of parts which had been cut from it's true form but I thought it would work for this. The axe is the one I got from Shapeways for He-Man but it is only for show, I am still looking for the right axe to use for this guy.

Edited by Captain Paco
updated link for images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Just letting you all know I have taken a break from MiniMate Customizing.  I will come back to it but for now I am working on Customizing Lego Minifigures.

I have made my take on the Gods of Olympus and now working on Star Trek The Original Series and The Next Generation and the Borg from TNG.

• 6 months later...

Hello, I have been tinkering a little with Minimates since my last post.

I made some quick customs for my Secret Santa and a few for myself.

I had gotten a custom of Barack Obama and so now I wanted a custom of Donald Trump.

So I made one.  My recipe was:

24's David Palmer: arms, hips, legs, feet and jacket (because the jacket has what looks like a flag pin on the lapel like Trump wears.)

Senator Kelly: hair piece (tinted orange)

John Talbot: head and hands (but I just used a flesh colored pair of hands.)

Dr. Peter Venkman: Torso with the tie painted red 

FDSNp0P.jpg

I used the podium I had for the custom Obama, I bought so reused it for Trump.

Edited by Captain Paco
updated with photo

• 11 months later...

I know it has been a long time since I shared anything on my progress of customs.

I am currently working on Star Trek the Next Generation Mirror Broken minimates.  While still works in progress, I am pleased with what I have thus far.  I know my chest blocks are incorrect but I am not talented with making decals.  I may have to reach out and ask for some assistance in that part of my customs.  But I have gotten inspiration form the comics and from Star Trek Timelines.  I have a Mirror Janeway, and a Mirror Sisko as well.  

For the Mirror Broken set, I have in progress Mirror Picard, Mirror Riker, Mirror Data, Mirror La Forge, Mirror Dr. Crusher and Mirror Troi.

I also read on Memory Alpha, a Star Trek fan site, that the Mirror Universe Borg have a King and not a Queen. So I decided to use my imagination and have made a Borg King and his Queen.

I have also tried my hand at making an Orion Slaver (male Orion).

I will try to take pictures later this week and share them with all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the pictures of my Custom Mirror Broken MiniMates from the limited series comic Star Trek the Next Generation Mirror Broken.

These are all a work in progress, but I wanted to share them anyway.

This picture is Captain Picard, Commander Riker and Chief Engineer La Forge from Mirror Broken; and you can see Inquisitor Troi on the edge.

rTJSh3A.jpg

This picture is Inquisitor Troi, Commander Data and Doctor Crusher.

Poqm7Iq.jpg

This picture is Mirror Sisko as best as I can assemble at this time and a Mirror Janeway as seen in Star Trek Timelines as best as I can assemble.

d6HFU25.jpg

These are works in progress.  I am awaiting a Borg MiniMate I ordered from eBay to use for the Borg implant that will go on Data's face to complete that look and may use some of the other parts on is arm. I still have to finish Troi's details on her skirt and the wrists.  I still need to work on their chest emblems but that may be awhile, unless I can get a friend who is great with decal to make some for me (in all three divisions and in both genders).  Mirror Sisko was just a quick custom as I am sure I will find a better chest block for him.  I am also looking to get a green captain's tunic from Trials and Tribble-ations Kirk to make a Mirror Archer.

I have also made "Yesterday's Enterprise" Picard and Warship Janeway from "Living Witness" but have not removed the commbadge from her yet.

Edited by Captain Paco
attempt to fix photos in post

Okay, got images of a few of my other recent customs.

Yesterday's Enterprise Picard

fSNRuQJ.jpg   

Easy custom: painted on the cuffs at the wrists and painted a holster white and added a gold arrowhead (similar to what was in the episode).

Living Witness Janeway, aka Warship Janeway

a4kyuC63XTGNZI6ucczjcCYOzqLJLPsifUjcGR6j

Easy custom: I really just replaced her hands with black hands for her black gloves and swapped her hairpiece with a hairpiece from a Mass Effect Jane Shepherd.  I was originally going to make a Mirror Universe Janeway and that is why she has the belt/sash around her waist.  I like it and forgot it was on there.  I left her wrist beacon on as well.  I know in the episode of Living Witness, none of the crew have their commbadges on but I can't bring myself to paint over it just yet.

FkWy7hjucYMz2SJN7GuldKoK6dhLjcf546blCBYN

This image is of the Orion Slavers I made after getting the character in my Star Trek Timelines game.  I added a couple of Orion Slave Girls in the picture for a bonus.

Edited by Captain Paco
attempt to fix links for images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Okay, since I have not had much luck lately with getting pictures to share on this site, I am going to list a many of my customs as I can.

Okay I will also include the DST/Art Asylum mates as well so I don't forget anyone.

This is only a listing of all my Star Trek Minimates and the Customs I have made for the Star Trek Universe.

Rand, Sulu, Uhura, Spock, Kirk, Dr. McCoy, Scott, Chapel, Chekov, Mirror Sulu, Mirror Uhura, Mirror Spock, Mirror Kirk, Custom Mirror McCoy, Custom Mirror Scott, Custom Mirror Chekov, Marlena Moreau, Sickbay McCoy, Spock's Brain Spock, Command Warp Kirk, Kor the Klingon, Custom Marlena Moreau, Custom Mirror Chapel, two Custom Andorians, Vina the Orion, Custom Bele, Custom Lokai, Fencing Sulu, Custom Shanna, two Custom Romulan Males (TOS), Custom Female Romulan (TOS), Gorn, Sarek, Custom TOS redshirt, Custom Dr. M'Benga.

Custom City on the Edge of Forever Spock, Custom City on the Edge of Forever Kirk, The Cage Spock, Pike, Custom The Cage Number One, Custom The Cage Tyler, Custom Gladiator Spock, Gladiator Kirk, Custom Gladiator McCoy, Dress Uniform McCoy, Custom Dress Uniform Scott in kilt, Dress Uniform Kirk, Dress Uniform Spock, Custom Where No Man Has Gone Before Kirk, Custom Where No Man Has Gone Before Sulu, Elf Spock, Battle-worn Kirk, Space Seed Khan, Custom Red Shirt Khan, Custom TMP McCoy, Custom TMP Duty Uniform Ilia, Custom TMP Spock, Custom Nazi Kirk, Custom movie Romulan Ambassador, Engineering uniform Scott, Field Jacket Kirk, Custom Mugato, Khan (in gold jacket), Custom Wrathful Khan,  Movie Khan,  Decker, Probe Ilia, Custom TMP Admiral Kirk, Custom movie Spock, Admiral Kirk, Captain Scott, Custom movie Uhura, Custom Yesterday's Enterprise Picard, Custom Living Witness Janeway, Custom Dolim, Custom Orion Slave Woman.

Custom Salt Vampire, Custom Commander Shelby (from Luke), Custom Ro Laren, Custom alien Captain, Field Jacket Kirk with alternate head, Kirk (came with Enterprise), Custom ST4 Spock, Admiral Kirk alternate field jacket version, Return of the Archons Kirk, Mirror Kirk (came with Enterprise), Custom Augment, Custom Female Orion Starfleet Officer, Custom Orion Slaver, Custom Orion Female, Custom Orion Slaver II, Custom M'Ress, Custom dying Red Shirt, Custom Gladitor 1, Custom Gladiator 2, Custom Insectoid 1, Custom Insectoid 2, Custom Gorn, Custom Trelane, Custom TOS Harry Mudd.

Custom DS9 Keiko O'Brien, Custom DS9 O'Brien, Custom Jadzia Dax, Captain Sisko (season seven uniform), Custom Kira, Custom Paris, Custom Chakotay, Janeway, Seven of Nine, Custom Guinan, Custom Mayweather, Custom Reed, Custom T'Pol (in white uniform), Archer, Custom Tucker, Custom Sato, Custom Yar, Custom TNG O'Brien, Custom Dr. Crusher, Custom Data, Picard, Custom Riker, Custom Troi, Custom LaForge, Custom Wesley, Captain's Jacket Picard, Variation Captain's Jacket Picard, Custom Vest Picard, Custom Tuxedo Dixon Hill Picard, First Contact Picard, Custom First Contact Dr. Crusher, Custom First Contact Riker, Custom First Contact LaForge, Custom First Contact Borgified Data, Borg Drone, Hugh the Borg, Borg Queen, Gul Dukat in black, Gul Dukat in grey, Jem'Hadar, Custom Commander Sela, Custom TNG Romulan Male, Unification Spock, Custom Blue Seven of Nine, Dolim, Commander Sisko, Captain Sisko, Vested Sisko, Custom Trials and Tribble-ations Sisko, Custom Mirror Sisko, Custom Mirror Janeway, Custom Mirror Broken Picard, Custom Mirror Broken Riker, Custom Mirror Broken Dr. Crusher, Custom Mirror Broken Troi, Custom Mirror Broken LaForge, Custom Mirror Broken Data.

Worf is a work in progress as is Locutus of Borg (just need to grey wash the face and he is finished.) Also have a Tuvok or Harry Kim in progress.  Also have a T'Pol in bluish purple uniform.  Also working on Yesterday's Enterprise Yar or a Mirror Broken Yar, not sure which I want more.  Have an idea for a Garak but not sure how to complete him either as a Mirror Garak or standard Garak.  Also looking to make a Nazi McCoy but not sure, could try to make a Nazi Vosk from Enterprise, but not sure about face.

So sorry for no pictures but not having the best of luck with it.  If you would like to see pictures, I can always send you an e-mail if you share your e-mail with me via PM.

Edited by Captain Paco

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some images of customs I have on display in my office along with all my Star Trek minimates.

First is the Masters of the Universe....some are still Works in Progress and they are not on display (Buzz-Off, Clawful, Faker, and second Evilyn).

DxfDfby.jpg              Man-at-Arms, Teela and He-Man                                                                              

The helmet and chest piece for Man-at-Arms, the staff and headpiece and waist piece for Teela, The sword, chest piece, waist piece and shield for He-Man were all from Shapeways.  The rest are parts I had on hand.  May change out Man-at-Arms face at some point. 

A8KVz5Z.jpg 
  Skeletor, Beastman and Evil-lyn
Skeletor's cowl, waist piece and staff, Evil-lyn's headpiece and scepter are from Shapeways.  The rest are from parts I had on hand. 

Stratos
kwIwYsZ.jpg 
Stratos' helmet, waist piece and jet pack are from Shapeways.  I gave up on Stratos wings from shapeways as after three sets they kept breaking, so I used wings from a spare Falcon I had parted out for some other custom.
Edited by Captain Paco

Here is a Hawkman that I like better than the standard issue.

I used Night Owl's legs and hip piece and then the top half of the original release Hawkman.

JRtHUNf15JLbF-hK9gHLaJ5nUzKdznVM6j52_KHX

Edited by Captain Paco

Here is a custom mermaid I had made long before undersea gal came to Minimates.

I used Marrina's chestblock, arms and head and a trident from Shapeways.  I then used Model Magic to sculpt the fish tale.

L4wXfIQlhGrqA30z6AaI7wiQJctmEdPyZOM-lG4t

Edited by Captain Paco

My vision of Loki as the God of Thunder.....

PC3uFVMT5iO71cYZwEcN7GKZopXCVrOgUEdKO_0M

I used AoA Rogue's cape, Loki's head and head piece and Dark Avenger Thor's body and hammer.

I am working on Thor King of Hel as well but need to figure out the head to use and wait on the Blood Hammer to turn out.

Some of my custom Deadpool as other characters..........

Wolvie-Pool

14gcjCa.jpg

Dare-Pool

LTft9qM.jpg

Falcon-Pool

eaj7Tgz.jpg

Spider-Pool

rkFxmCn.jpg

Iron-Pool

XwRmiJW.jpg

Edited by Captain Paco
updated link for images

I was inspired by Prowl-Ar's Borg-Pool.  And being a fan of Star Trek and staring to really get into Deadpool, I made two of my own.

t62nhTV.jpg B155vdf.jpg

The first one is not an exact copy of Prowl-Ar's but I really liked his and the second one is I figured why not as I had the parts.

Edited by Captain Paco
updated link for images

Here are a few Star Trek Customs I have in progress.

Locutus of Borg

98vx9P6.jpgStT

This image will likely be updated once more as I do have final product, just no image yet.

Captain Archer from "In A Mirror Darkly"

qyfPd17.jpg

and Bem from an episode of the Animated Star Trek Series.  He is a Work in Progress.

b1mFH2w.jpg

Edited by Captain Paco
updated link for images

• 4 months later...

My version of Batman from DC Primal Age in a MiniMates version and with minimal modifications.

9306DFc.jpg

I have since modified the shield and done some minor tweaking of the harness.  I think he looks more primal than the one from the Funko Line.

I made Batman as my entry into Luke's Custom Contest.  Then he announced a second contest for a pair of MiniMates, so I decided to make a couple to go with this Primal Age theme but used creative licensing as one is not currently in the Funko line and then there is the issue with the parts that are needed and I don't have.  So I made due with what I had on hand.

Edited by Captain Paco
adjusted image link

Here is my next Custom Contest Entry for Luke's Contest.

My versions of the Primal Age Joker and Harley Quinn.  Use of creative licensing is in effect.

pU2Xw8u.jpg

Edited by Captain Paco
updated link for images

NEED SOME HELP, PLEASE!!!!!!

I have Google Photos, because I don't want to pay for PhotoBucket or other photo services.

What do I need to do to post photos from Google Photos to this forum?

There has to be a way to do it.  I can insert the links which I can then see, but no one else seems to be able to see them here.