UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CaptainPaco's Custom Minimates (Star Trek & DC plus more)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/25/2021 at 1:40 PM, Prowlar said:

Really love that Psy-Cat. With Night Clops, Flash Cannon, Black Siryn and Cyberman you have the makings of a really nice X-Titan Force. I do love the Amalgam universe. I just wish DC characters were easier to get a hold of.

I appreciate your post about Psy-Cat. I was worried about who to pair with Catwoman as I was going to use Black Cat but felt that was too much the same character.  So I played on the word psychic and came up with psy-cat. I too wish DC characters were easier to get my hands on.  I would have so many variant customs made if that was the case.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:56 PM, Freaqualizer said:

These are so cool! Great job on the part selection and back stories.

Thank you, I tried to come up with a back story for every custom I have shared but I would run out of room if I did that, so I focused on the main ones.  As for the parts, I appreciate your liking what I used.  I worked with what I have or could afford to get from eBay cheaply.  Thank you, for your kind comment.

• 2 months later...

Had a funny idea...What if Buddy the Elf became the source of all Christmas Magic.

Behold, Buddy Supreme, the Supreme Elf, the one true source of all Christmas Magic.

cjUXKXI.jpg

Merely added Doctor Strange's Cape and some magic accessory and then changed the yellow legs for the black pinstriped legs.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:19 AM, DSTZach said:

By the Vishanticlaus!

Thank you Zach! This means a great deal.

The Vishanticlaus would be Santamotto, Jeshtur and Ruddoth.  Santa as Agamotto, Miss Jessica as Oshtur and Rudolph as Hoggoth.  Great idea for a crossover, Zach.  (Miss Jessica is the character who becomes Mrs. Kringle in the holiday classic 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'.

Edited by Captain Paco

• 2 weeks later...

I give you the concept of Vishanticlaus as proposed by Zach.

cuQzU38.png

So you have Miss Jessica from "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" who would become Mrs. Claus. So merge her with Oshtur and you get Jeshtur. Then you have Santa and Agomotto to get Santamotto. Then last but not least, Rudolph and Hoggoth to get Ruddoth.  I have given you a front and side view of Ruddoth.  These are just concepts from existing images to make what I think the Vishanticlaus could look like if Buddy the Elf was the Elf Supreme and had control of Christmas magic.

Must give credit to Minimate Database as I did use images from the database to make my concepts and thanks to DST Zach for the idea after I posted my Supreme Buddy the Elf.

Edited by Captain Paco

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

These are awesome!

Thanks, Zach.

I only wish I had the parts to make these, but I am limited where I live and funds are tight as well.

With Walgreens getting out of the Minimates business, I am stuck to online and that will further limit my ability to purchase mates as my wife will monitor the credit card transactions more than my cash purchases.

18 hours ago, Captain Paco said:

Thanks, Zach.

I only wish I had the parts to make these, but I am limited where I live and funds are tight as well.

With Walgreens getting out of the Minimates business, I am stuck to online and that will further limit my ability to purchase mates as my wife will monitor the credit card transactions more than my cash purchases.

I hear ya. I'd be in the same boat if Matchbox and bad dollar-store movies were only available online. No comic shop near you? 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

I hear ya. I'd be in the same boat if Matchbox and bad dollar-store movies were only available online. No comic shop near you? 

There is one comic shop locally and they are a branch of a small Chicago, IL area series of stores. Graham Cracker Comics is the name.  They show minimates on their website but they are sold out and the ones they show are older sets and even some sets that never got released (Bruce Lee and Kingdom Hearts wave 3).  I have asked them in the past if they can get Minimates and they said they would and I even asked if I could get a full case to make it easier for them and they never replied. I would do my best to buy a case of each wave if they were to carry them in their Normal, IL location which is the local store for me.  I wish I had the means to get and distribute Minimates myself but I don't.  I really like Minimates over other minifigure lines even Lego.  I am just said to see them fade into the void of a long dark night.

I wish Target and Walmart would sell them in their stores and not through third party vendors on their websites.

11 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Hopefully they will be easier to get through Graham Crackers now that they are box sets and not assortments. And they are not fading away! New GI Joe pre-order in a week, new Marvel pre-order in January, new license reveal in February, four sets planned for SDCC.

"new Marvel pre-order in January'- is that the new Fantastic Four wave?

• 7 months later...

Here is a mock of my Broken Mirror Star Trek TNG Comic Mini-series of Minimates.

nr9z5mG.png

You have Mirror Picard, Mirror Riker, Mirror LaForge, Mirror Troi, Mirror Data, Mirror Yar, Mirror Dr. Crusher and Mirror Wesley Crusher.

Thanks to the images at Minimates Database for helping me make these images.

Edited by Captain Paco

I was just fooling around one day and wondered "What if the Avengers were really the crew of the Enterprise?" So I did a mock-up of what I could see if that was so.

sXTcZ29.jpg

This would be the version of the crew were the Avengers. With alternate version of Kirk and Scotty.

Here could be the reverse if the Avengers were the crew of the Enterprise.

Xxdf7lx.jpg

Sorry for the quality of each picture, had some troubles getting them to reduce for editing.  Also once again thanks to Minimates Database for the images I used to make my concepts.

Edited by Captain Paco

These are cool mash-ups, thanks for sharing Captain Paco.

If you did TNG, maybe Thor would be Thorf? ? 

But Picard and Geordi are so very clearly Xavier and Cyclops, it might be more fun to see them as X-Men. Worferine? 

Here is what I made for the TNG crew. I have a picture on my bulletin board in my office of the TNG Crew as X-men so I used that for my ideas.

You have Professor Picard, Colossus Riker, Storm Troi, Cyclops LaForge, Nightcrawler Data, Forge O'Brien, Jean Grey Yar, & Worfarine. 

CEoZKEh.jpg

Edited by Captain Paco