UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CaptainPaco's Custom Minimates (Star Trek & DC plus more)

16 hours ago, Minimike said:

I really like your ideas Freaqualizer! One character I’ve wanted to build is a custom of DC comics the Atom. I feel like he could be very easy to make and I’ve had a few ideas in my head mostly using giant man/Ant man parts and a few others.

The chest block is the toughest for me to figure out with minimal paint since I’m really terrible at it. Any ideas from you very talented individuals would be greatly appreciated

I was think about Thunderbird’s chest. That’s the closest I could think of without re-painting a whole bunch.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here are a few new customs I have found time to put together and few I found in a tub when sorting my basement.

RTc9XL4.jpg  XlwCWYJ.jpg

Mera, Queen of Atlantis                                    Arista, adoptive sister of Wonder Woman (from animated show)

These two ladies were in a tub that I have forgotten about.  I made them a few years ago.

GIPDA4z.jpg  GnRc92F.jpg

Black Adam                                                                        Red Arrow or Speedy

5Fp3NTn.jpg  

Two Random Members of the Sinestro Corps

f1yvFLY.jpg

Random female Green Lantern

0o3z0NB.jpg 

Two members of the Star Sapphires and a member of the Indigo Tribe

h8G2YBw.jpg

A Red Lantern, my be a Hodge podge of sorts, but may be altered down the road.

Then for extra fun and from inspiration in the world of customizers (mainly Alan Lilley).

st5oeDD.jpg

The Grinch

Inspired by Alan Lilley when he posted his on the FB group.  I saw it and wanted one of my own and with his help I was able to create this version.  Thank you for helping with my search for the proper head gear for the Sinister Grinch.

wXJztBh.jpg

Egyptian Gods and Goddess and an Egyptian Princess

Nekhbet is the Vulture Goddess   Anubis is the Jackal God

Khnum is the Ram God                  Ra is the Falcon God

I do have another Anubis in my Children of Oberon set, but this one is different except for the use of a Lego Jackal Head.

Edited by Captain Paco

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

I really enjoy this thread .

Have you ever checked out 'Boyd's Custom Minimates' ?  If you have ...sorry , if you haven't then you are in for a treat. Try it.

I do appreciate you letting me know you enjoy my thread.  I have checked out Boyd's Custom Minimates.  There are some amazingly great looking customs shared there.  However, I am not good with sculpting; so I attempt to work with what I have with what I have.

18 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

@Captain Paco, man, how did I never think to use that Deadpool chest for an Arsenal/Red Arrow/Speedy?! That’s brilliant! Time to update the one I made.

I found the chest block in a lot of parts I got a little while back and used it for something else when I realized I wanted more DC mates so that is how I came across Deadpool for Red Arrow.  Was going to use Dracula from the Walgreens set but it did not look good to me.

22 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

@Captain Paco, it was a great choice! All of those customs look awesome! Great job! The Red Lantern kinda gives me Atrocitous vibes. 

Thank you. I was going for Atrocitus but this would be maybe a brother to Atrocitus.

Captain Paco you as always have done an amazing job! I love your yellow lanterns and your Black Adam is really good! I’ve been trying to figure out which hair and head you used but I can’t figure it out. I’m 85% I have those parts but finding them will be no small task.

I’m still working on my Atom and thanks to everyone for the ideas. I always thought his character would be a fun mate.

Which hair/tiara did you use for your Mera Captain Paco?

9 hours ago, Minimike said:

Captain Paco you as always have done an amazing job! I love your yellow lanterns and your Black Adam is really good! I’ve been trying to figure out which hair and head you used but I can’t figure it out. I’m 85% I have those parts but finding them will be no small task.

I’m still working on my Atom and thanks to everyone for the ideas. I always thought his character would be a fun mate.

Which hair/tiara did you use for your Mera Captain Paco?

MiniMike I thought I copied your Black Adam. But thanks for your kind words. I don’t know whose head or hair I used as they were parts in my tub of fodder. 

As for Mera, she has a hairpiece from a Scarlet Witch mate that I then painted the tiara gold.  Arista has a Snowbird hairpiece also with tiara painted gold. 

I can’t wait for you to share your Atom. 

Edited by Captain Paco

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a few other Lantern inspired customs in the works.

I am trying for an orange lantern Luthor, I have edited my Star Sapphire Wonder Woman, I am also working on a Black Lantern and a White Lantern.  Also trying to make an Indigo Lantern Atom and some other random Lantern Characters.

Hope to share with you all soon.

• 2 months later...

I have been tinkering a lot lately with making more GI Joe characters from what parts I have in my possession.

I have made a Duke, Flint, Hawk, Lady Jaye, Quick Kick, Gung Ho and Roadblock.  I also made Destro, Baroness, Major Bludd and working on Tomax and Xamot.  Lots of Creative Licensing happening but trying to make them appear legit.

Once I get The Twins ironed out, I will try to post photos.  Also, will try to make at least one Cobra Trooper from what I have for parts.  

• 5 months later...

It has been a little while since I was the forum, so I am back and here are a few of my recent custom mates.

Inspired by Marvel's What if...? on Disney+

v5XLQ2Z.jpg  

Captain Britain, Peggy Carter

lHiIMcG.jpg

Starlord T'Challa

7zFnkuQ.jpg

Evil Doctor Strange (my take on him without using modified parts.

674w49T.jpg

Peter Parker, Zombie Hunter

I will share more as I created my own Amalgam Series based upon Batman and Spider-man being mashed up. Also have started my series of Marvel's Earth 666 for Halloween.

Edited by Captain Paco
updated image links

Marvel Earth 666

I have four done and working on Vampire Wolverine, Hawkeye and Black Window.

UQJVCG1.jpg

Franken-Castle

UsBpdYJ.jpg

Werewolf America

0GcU44m.jpg

Dare Devil (Demonic or Devil)

Cf3IiX0.jpg

Namor (or at the least what he could look like on Earth 666)

Vampire Wolverine is almost done and waiting on parts for Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Just toying around with DC and Marvel custom Amalgams.

7mqeqrP.jpg

Thundra (Thor and Wonder Woman)

pZmCL58.jpg

Iron-Bat (WIP need to work on helmet to give it Bat-ears.)

XzLS9Ia.jpg

Aqua-Mariner (Sub-Mariner and Aquaman)

vAlamXE.jpg

Doctor Strangefate (Doctor Strange & Doctor Fate)

2PjEnQ1.jpg

Super Soldier (Captain America & Superman)

iIRlOpA.jpg

Green Skull (Red Skull & Lex Luthor)

Just some fun while I was away.  More to come with the Spider-Bat Series.

Marvel Earth 666 part two

KGwrPfl.jpg

Mummy Thor or Thor the Accursed

kh17UWe.jpg

Vampire Wolverine

Still working on Hawkeye and either a Black Widow or Man-Spider (Peter Parker).

Goblin Avengers: just toying with some parts I had.

NTH0IH0.jpg

The Goblin Supreme: Doctor Stephen Strange took the Goblin formula just as he become the Sorcerer Supreme.

czGfRMe.jpg

Goblin America: Steve Rodgers was given both the Super Soldier serum and the Goblin formula.

XPQCQgp.jpg

Goblin Thor: Thor was dosed with Goblin formula the moment he arrived on Earth

Part 1 of my Spider-Bat series

Going to start with my Villain.

The villains of my Amalgam series I call the Spider-Bat universe. Peter Wayne becomes Spider-Bat after finding a cave of bats under his family's mansion and get bitten by a lost radioactive spider at the same time.  This is to start off with my villains for this universe.

ACy1unL.jpg

Green Joke (In this universe the Criminal Comedian Norman Napier became the Green Joke)

n57Dp4v.jpg

Electric Poison (Maxine Isley is a botanist who is struck by lightning as she is working on a plant fertilizer that makes her an electrified plant/human hybrid.) (Soon to be retired as I made a Poison Ivy and Scorpion hybrid that I am calling Toxicity.)

02Aj1zQ.jpg

Deadshot the Hunter (Sergei Lawton is a bounty hunter and sniper who is also a trained assassin.)

jA8xXFb.jpg

Mystiwire (Raven Willis is a shock jock who can change her appearance then she got electrified and is no basically humanoid electricity who can appear in any form she sees fit.)

5dU5Tcw.jpg

Doc Octo-Freeze (Otto Fries, a man searching to cool off Earth's Global Warming and also a developer of robotic appendages. He then got into an accident and became fused to his robotic appendages as well as becoming a living freezer of sorts.)

More to come...

Edited by Captain Paco

Part 2 of my Spider-Bat series

NEu7IsZ.jpg

Brainitron (Was the last computer of Krypton who merged with an available AI in and android body when it arrived on Earth. The merging created a being who would be the most unimaginable evil to fast any lifeform in the universe and beyond.)

fZSMMFL.jpg

Ti-Chee (Barbara Nelson is a feline researcher who had an accident and was attacked by a tigress and a female cheetah at the same time. In the attack, an enchanted amulet she was wearing use the genetics of both felines and transfused this material to Barbara and made her a hybrid of both felines within a humanoid form and making her an apex predator.)

lg6DFps.jpg

Lorm the Mischief Master (Prince of Atlantis and God of Mischief, Lorm Marius goes to battle against his brother who is the King of Atlantis the realm of Gods and Oceans.)

zerZKZC.jpg

Psi-cat (Selena Braddock is a cat burglar with psionic abilities)

a5fSGCs.jpg

Red Luthor (Johann Luthor was trying to re-create the Super Soldier formula for Hydra. He had a mishap in his lab and broke several vials two of which made an odd vapor that he inhaled. The two vials contained the dust of death and his version of the Super Soldier formula. His skin tightened and his face become red and looked more like his skull. Also, during the accident, he was exposed to a nearly lethal dose of Kryptonite. So he used the technology Hydra had at his disposal, to create a suit to help him survive.)

BZdTf1B.jpg

Phoenix Sapphire (Jean Danvers was attacked by the Phoenix Love Force and now she goes around causing trouble as her lost love will not return her affections.)

y8uUivk.jpg

Diamond Quinn (Harleen Frost can change parts of her body into diamond and is a powerful psychotic telepath.)

a9RaLSE.jpg

Mystriddler  or Mystery (Quinten Nigma is a man of mystery and loves to torment all with riddles.)

hfY2ZY9.jpg

Sabrenesto (Victor Sinestro was a test subject in a top secret experiment that granted him abilities of regeneration. This his wounds would heal themselves which made him a great secret missionary. Then he was chosen by a power ring of the Yellow Lanterns Corps. The ring allowed him to control Fear in others and use it to his benefit.)

v3vyi5B.jpg

The Fowl (Adrian Cobblepot is a genius electrical engineer who gets in trouble and runs a foul with the law. He also becomes the head of his father's company of organized crime in New Gotham City. He uses his skills to make a suit that allows him to fly with mechanical wings that still looks stylish when he has to drop in on his goons as well.)

The next post will be starting to show my heroes. (I am out of ideas for villains from what parts I have.)

Edited by Captain Paco

Part 3 of the Spider-Bat Series

Spider-Bat Heroes (My super Trinity)

Wonder Angel (Angela Prince is a goddess and the daughter of the High-Father and the Queen of the Amazons) She is hell-fire in battle but always protects the innocents that depend upon her protection.

yV0gte6.jpg

Captain Krypton ( the last son of Krypton and a resident of Earth but sworn to protect all innocent life on his physical home while honoring his birthright.)

52foUeb.jpg

Spider-Bat (Peter Wayne lost his parents and was on his family's estate when he found a curious looking arachnid. As he tried to touch it, it bit him and made him lose his balance and he crashed through a well cap and landed in a cave full of bats.  The spider was somehow radioactive; and thus gave Peter a mutagenic affect that gave him abilities like a spider.  Since he knew martial arts and loved solving issues, he become Spider-Bat and took on the criminals and psychopaths of New Gotham City.)

2g7YOVv.jpg

Edited by Captain Paco

Part 4 of Spider-Bat Series

The sidekicks of Spider-Bat

Spider-Batgirl (Batgirl/Spider-girl)(Ashley Gordon)

WGpQvC0.jpg

Spider-Batwoman (Spider-Woman/Batwoman)(Jessica Kane)

Gm4thcM.jpg

Red Rebel (Dare Devil/Robin)(Matthew Drake)

O0chARE.jpg

Night-Clops (Nightwing/Cyclops)(Scott Grayson)

8FexPku.jpg

Black Huntress (Huntress/Black Widow)(Helena Romanov)

H6ksMcN.jpg

Red Punishment (Red Hood/Punisher)(Jason Castle)

Euu7wYn.jpg

Bat-Wing (Falcon/Bat-Wing)(Sam Fox)

XaO8X9F.jpg

Moon Question (Question/Moon Knight)(Vic Spector)

FuuXy6j.jpg

Edited by Captain Paco

Part 5 of the Spider-Bat Series

More heroes and sidekicks

eNgJGDP.jpg

Aegir (Aquaman/Thor)(Arthur Odinson)

XuXdACZ.jpg

Lady Mera (Lady Sif/Mera - creative licensing on blonde hair, did not want to paint the hair.)

knuxjjt.jpg

Hulk-zam (Shazam/Hulk)(Bruce Batson)

YN0Srpd.jpg

She-hulk Marvel (She-Hulk/Mary Marvel)

D9eLOdV.jpg

Metal-Hawk & Magic-Dove (Hawk & Dove/Colossus & Magik)

Nid3hkl.jpg

Angel-Hawk (Hawkman/Angel)(Carter Worthington, III)

GSOKNbW.jpg

Fire-Fist (Firestorm/Iron Fist)(Ronnie Rand)

Fakbjmf.jpg

Cyberman (Cyborg/Iron Man)(Victor Stark)

SLob5M8.jpg

Black Siryn (Black Canary/Siryn)(Dinah Cassidy)

yLzdVVz.jpg

Black Lightning Bolt (Black Lightning/Black Bolt)(Jefferson Boltagon)

nBVJl2D.jpg

Flash Cannon (Flash/Cannonball)(Barry Guthrie)

2NQ8r2Q.jpg

Captain Fate (Captain Marvel/Doctor Fate)(Carol Nelson)

uE1CFLw.jpg

Green Wolf (Green Lantern/Wolverine)(Logan Jordon)

Edited by Captain Paco

Part 6 of Spider-Bat Series

More heroes and side-kicks

L3d8bkl.jpg

Doctor Zartan (Zantanna/Doctor Strange)

Wkbkawo.jpg

Grifbit (Gambit/Grifter)

XyvSWOl.jpg

Captain Steel (Captain Britain/Steel)

pdgtJ0i.jpg

Red Vision (Red Tornado/Vision)

ljaXUXW.jpg

Orchid Storm (Black Orchid/Storm)

ZAtN2dw.jpg

Kryptospeed (Super Boy/Quicksilver)

KR3eLPY.jpg

Kryptowitch (Supergirl/Scarlet Witch)

WmMidN1.jpg

Wild Panther (Wildcat/Black Panther)

I don't have any more in the works but wiling to try to make more, especially villains if I have the right parts.

Edited by Captain Paco