UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CaptainPaco's Custom Minimates (Star Trek & DC plus more)

A few more Customs from the DC Universe.

TPdcL0d.jpg

Huntress (QC as I was digging through some parts in my fodder tub.)

xLvNyRH.jpg

Black Canary

CvBSmDW.jpg

Fire and Ice

D7nh6TN.jpg

Poison Ivy

m9H9D4m.jpg

Black Manta

1sUMxLy.jpg

Mister Freeze (WIP)

lD0WvVS.jpg

Kingdom Come Flash (WIP-not sure I want to cut hair from helmet)

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

@Captain Paco, those are all awesome! Is that the Lego Black Manta head? It looks great!

Yes, I did use a lego manta head I had in my lego stash of odds and ends.   Thanks for the kind words. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Minimike said:

These are awesome! What base body did you use for Ice and can we see more of Black Canary? I know I have most of these parts and would love to add to my DC minimates display

I will try to post some more photos of Black Canary. Ice is made from Spiral’s chest and legs and Quicksilver’s arms. And some random white feet and a random female head and I believe it is the white hair from Aurora. 

Black Canary (with different views and without the scream effect)

udmXlvcb.jpgkNnTpjZb.jpgigw93Hnb.jpgYfaoxNOb.jpg

I know the chest block is from Jean Grey as the Black Witch, the legs are from a Spiderman series figure, the black leather jacket I am not sure and the boots are from an extra Star Trek mate.  The head and hair are random from what parts I have.  I made her all black as A Black Canary would not have blue and this makes her look more bad ass to me.

Black Manta (back and side views)

ATtJCBOb.jpg1Nlmjlpb.jpgNQ6lR9ib.jpg

I did use a Lego-like Black Manta head and tubing. I used black Minimate body parts and the shoulder unit from an Aliens figure, which I drilled holes in to glue the tubing in on the back of the unit.

Edited by Captain Paco

Silver Savage (or Savage Surfer) 

k8gdYkD.jpg

lYZUiJr.jpg

BxjT0Xy.jpg

9kTMHui.jpg

I made him a while back and just found him as I finally moved my collection and parts back to my house after sitting at my office for years.

1 hour ago, Minimike said:

Did you use decals or paint to get that shade of green on poison ivy? Sorry I’m just trying to make my own from the pictures for my dc collection

To answer your question, I used Nissa from the Grimm Fairy Tales Box Set #1.  Then I merely removed the wings and colored the leaves that were already printed on her with a green Sharpie.  I used a fine tip red Sharpie for her lips.  The red hair piece I had in my parts fodder and then I took green wire (from the packaging of the Plants vs Zombies minimates) and twisted around as vines. The wrist roses, are from Dawn in the Femme Fatales Box Set #1, but I had two of her so used both. 

I hope this helps, I am try not to use paint or decals as I am not the most crafty person nor do I have a very steady hand.  Also Nissa came in a transparent version, that she was in an individual box.

I did contemplate making Poison Ivy with flesh toned skin and would have used Dawn from Femme Fatales Box set for the body but I felt the attire was not plant-like enough for my vision.

Edited by Captain Paco

• Captain Paco changed the title to CaptainPaco's Custom Minimates (Star Trek & DC plus more)
6 minutes ago, Minimike said:

Thank you very much Captain I’m going to give it a try I hate to copy your work but I have most of these mates and I can’t resist growing my dc collection

Again, do worry about copying my work. I consider it a way to say you like what I have done.  That is why I share my work on here.

I look forward to seeing your work if you would share.  I am always looking to grow my DC collection. I just need to find a way to display them without the wife complaining and to keep them from needing to be dusted.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, Minimike said:

Thanks Captain! I just used movie punisher hair Northstar head the recent wave 79 Adam warlock chest iron fist wrist cuffs with belt random part black arms and legs with Shazam boots. I think he fits in well

Hello, Minimike: I found the parts and was able to finally make a Black Adam similar to yours.  Thank you for sharing. I am just looking for the hair to match what you used.

I used the Adam Warlock chest block, the Iron Fist writs cuffs & belt/sash, Jean Grey from wave 78's boots and not 100% whose head or hair I used but mine is darn close to yours and I am happy with it.

Edited by Captain Paco

21 hours ago, Minimike said:

I’d love to see how your Black Adam looks! I’m trying to think of a good cape that could be used/painted for mine

I am going to try to take some images this weekend and share next week.

I had not thought of a cape for Black Adam but now I am thinking of some ideas.

@Captain Paco and @Minimike, I had immediately thought of Black Adam when I first saw that new Adam Warlock torso. I’m so glad to see that it works so well! I will need to pick one up. 

In my head, a good Black Adam recipe was Namor head, the receding hair that Minimike used, the Adam Warlock torso, black arms (with a different lower arm), initially I had thought that Shazam’s belt would be best, but that Iron Fist sash works so much better, black crotch piece, black legs and Shazam boots. The lower arm I thought would work a little better is the Walgreens Adam Warlock lower arms with white skin tone hands. I felt like the gauntlets on that Walgreens Adam Warlock looked more fitting to the aesthetic of Black Adam. 

I waffled on if I would add a cape or not. He’s kind of pictured with and without a cape. But, I was torn on if I wanted a hooded cape or not. LoL. If I wanted a hooded cape, I would have gone with Isiem. If I wanted cape without a good, I would have gone with Hela. If I wanted to paint, I would have gone with the comic Collector cape painted black. 

Great job on all of these DC customs. It makes me miss the DC minimates so much. 

I really like your ideas Freaqualizer! One character I’ve wanted to build is a custom of DC comics the Atom. I feel like he could be very easy to make and I’ve had a few ideas in my head mostly using giant man/Ant man parts and a few others.

The chest block is the toughest for me to figure out with minimal paint since I’m really terrible at it. Any ideas from you very talented individuals would be greatly appreciated

13 hours ago, Minimike said:

I really like your ideas Freaqualizer! One character I’ve wanted to build is a custom of DC comics the Atom. I feel like he could be very easy to make and I’ve had a few ideas in my head mostly using giant man/Ant man parts and a few others.

The chest block is the toughest for me to figure out with minimal paint since I’m really terrible at it. Any ideas from you very talented individuals would be greatly appreciated

I would use Captain Marvel as the base, from wave 31. Just remove the hair piece and the gold gauntlets, then use Ant Man's belt from the Ant Man and the Wasp Box Set.  That would be a very QC the Atom.

Edited by Captain Paco