UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CaptainPaco's Custom Minimates (Star Trek & DC plus more)

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone will see this but I was not sure where else to post this?

I would like to see a Minimates Holiday Set.

Baby New Year that could be transformed into Cupid for Valentine's day.

A Leprechaun that could maybe become and elf for Christmas.

We have Santa from the Elf box set (and the one from A Nightmare Before Christmas) and there are elves in the NBX series, but I more traditional look to each would be nice.

Maybe a twist on a Scarecrow for Halloween and a Pilgrim & Native American for Thanksgiving would be neat.

I have made my own version of the Pilgrim and Native American, and have a Leprechaun I have started but never finished.  I just don't have the right parts for a Baby New Year/Cupid.  I would need the top hat (like the one from John in the Peter Pan set) and bare body parts with a white hip piece and a child like face.  Also would need a sash like the Easter Bunny has in the NBX.  Then to transform him to Cupid you need a hairpiece, wings with harness, and a bow and arrow.  Most of these parts exist just need to get them all in one place.  I like to decorate my office with MInimates year round and would really like a holiday theme set of Minimates.

Just a chance.

• 8 months later...

I just wanted to share that I have been attempting to get back into my customizing of Minimates.

I have worked on a few that have used creative licensing.

I have made a version of Wonder Woman as a Star Sapphire.  I have made an Orion Female in the Mirror Universe from Star Trek Enterprise.  I have made a transporting variant of Captain Kirk, also a Mirror Universe version of Captain Archer from Star Trek Enterprise.  I even attempted a Michael Burnham in  space-suit from Star Trek Discovery.  I took Tron and Sark from Disney's Kingdom Hearts minimates and made them into Borg Drones.  I just don't have a great means to include photos as I am thinking Google Photos don't show up to all in this forum.

I have also made the Gender Reversed Avengers with Ant Woman and a male Wasp.  (Used the female Thor, Iron Heart with a head swap and She-Hulk in my set. I have the Scarlet Warlock, and the Black Arachnid and Wasp as the only men on the team.  Miss America, Thor, Ant Woman, Iron Woman, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Hawkeye, She-Hulk and Iron Fist are all female in my set.

I am hoping to get pictures to post soon but will work on what I can in the mean time.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

So some of what I have been working:

Star Trek Customs

Star Trek Discovery Michael Burnham in Spacesuit, Picard from Yesterday's Enterprise and Warship Janeway, Starfleet Uniform Q (WIP) and Q in Judge's Robes (WIP), Locutus of Borg (creative licensing due to parts and not wanting to alter any parts I have.)

Orion Female from In A Mirror Darkly Star Trek Enterprise Episode and have a Mirror Archer.

I have the Mirror Broken TNG Comic Crew (Picard, Riker, Troi, Dr. Crusher, Data, La Forge).

Non-Star Trek (lots of creative licensing involved here)

The Scarlet Owl (posted 21 Sept)      Angela as Wonder Woman (posted 21 Sept)

Doom Shredder (posted 21 Sept)      Star Sapphire Wonder Woman (creative licensing involved)9/21

Lord Sol-Ar (posted 21 Sept)            Gender-Swapped Avengers

Brother Voodoo (WIP)                         Egyptian Gods: Ra (falcon), Anubis (jackal), Khnum (ram) & Nekhbet (vulture)

Hydra Avengers                                   Tron as a Borg, Sark as a Borg

Calendar Shoot Fireman                     Queen Ardala (posted 21 Sept)

I have a few that I call the New Asgardians but still working out just how many I want for that sub-set (right now it is at 30 figures but some are just until I figure out which ones are better than the others.)

I have one that is similar to Prowl-Ar's Horus but I have not named him yet.

And I have more that I have toyed with but I keep taking them apart to work on other ideas. 

Edited by Captain Paco

6 hours ago, Captain Paco said:

So some of what I have been working:

And I have more that I have toyed with but I keep taking them apart to work on other ideas. 

That's what work in progres photos are for. That way you have a record in case you decide to rework an older idea. It's saved me a lot of work in the past.

15 hours ago, Padrino said:

Was just coming here to ask this same questions. Does anyone know of a (free) photo hosting site to show customs?

Padrino,

I used imgur.com that was suggested to me by TENIME_art.  It is free and I think it is allowing my updated images to be seen.  I have only updated a few photos in some of my posts to date but I think it works fine.

Got a few photos to share.

Wg3e8dE.jpg

Scarlet Owl:  Daughter of Scarlet Witch and Nite Owl
    Wanda Maximoff somehow transported to a universe with different heroes.  While there were some that resembled her friends and family, there were many that were completely different.  She tried every spell and incantation she could think of but could not seem to open a portal of any sort. Since she could not figure out how she got to this realm and thus how to get out, she settle down and tried to live a normal life.  So she tried to fit in and live life.  She met a nice guy, Daniel Dreiberg.  He was a technological genius and attempted to blend in himself as he was really a superhero vigilante, known as Nite Owl.  Daniel and Wanda fell in love and all the while they kept their secrets hidden from one another, until after they took their relationship to the next level.  While in the heat of passion, Wanda somehow started to glow with a scarlet hue and Daniel was in shock. She then explained herself to him and he then admitted his alter ego.  They then became a team and battled crime for a couple of years, until Wanda found out she was pregnant.  She was trying to say something to Daniel but he found a means for her to get back home to her reality.  So surprised to have the chance to return home, she took it but also he grabbed one of his cowls and capes and left Daniel forever.   Nine months later, Wanda gave birth to Danielle Maximoff. Danielle was born with superior intellect and slightly muted powers that matched her mother’s.  When she was old enough, she asked her mother about her father.  Wanda told her everything and then presented the cowl and cape to Danielle.   So Danielle took on the mantle of the Scarlet Owl.  Danielle then modified the Nite Owl cowl and cape to go with a modified version of her mother’s costume.
Y7aacON.jpg

Lord Sol-Ar: lost son of Apollo and a nymph

Sol-Ar was a child of the Greek God Apollo.  He did not know his parents as shortly after his nymph mother gave birth she abandoned him with a shut-in lady and her lumberjack husband. Sol-Ar was named Solomon by this shut-in lady as he had a glow about him.  He grew up with lots of love from the lady and her husband (who was hardly ever home to begin with).  When the lady died, Solomon was only twelve years old.  The lumberjack husband came home and got angry as he thought Solomon killed the lady.  In a fit a range, the lumberjack went to kill Solomon but Solomon’s powers activated and he set the cabin and the lumberjack on fire.  With that Solomon somehow exiled himself in limbo.  Millennia later Sol-Ar was somehow ejected from Limbo and returned to Earth to live among the mortals.  He can harness the power of the sun or any source of light to use in any fashion he can imagine.

More pictures will come but I don't have stories for all the customs I have made.

Edited by Captain Paco
update of image(s)

Just some photos of other mates I have tinkered with.....

2bcW3A8.jpg4UOqUPX.jpg

Doom Shredder                                                                               Asgardian Priestess

0YlCUyF.jpgRH4JzRU.jpg

Ghost Warrior?                                                                           BatGoblin Queen?

deIlH1F.jpg

Not Sure What Her Name Is?

oTo7Ca6.jpg

Queen Ardala (place holder name)

pqm9Guy.jpgTYfosPT.jpg

Spider Guard/Warrior                                                           Phantom Lord or Phantom King

pRw3UYO.jpg

Simeon the Monkey King (not sure of this one but I like it)

njjb6l9.jpg

Angela as Wonder Woman (I liked the looked so went with it.)

CnEBNy9.jpg

Star Sapphire Wonder Woman

4EceoTN.jpg

My version of a QC of the Batman Who Laughs (did not want to sculpt anything new).

4RANows.jpg

WIP: Q in Judge's Robes from Star Trek: TNG

Xp4tMLP.jpg

A Sentinel Borg                          and               An Assimilated Sentinel

Edited by Captain Paco
correct text

SRKMZs8.jpg

Oracle: Son of an unnamed nun and a fallen angel.

Orson was raised in a convent by a nun who never shared her name with him and yet she told him to call her “mom”.  He always felt he was more than what was around him.  As a child, he could see the future of people when he would hold their hand or touch them.  As he became teenager, he was now able to see in to people’s past as well as their future.  He questioned “mom” who was very ill and in her last breathe she told him that an angel came to her and convinced her to have a child.  The angel was to be the father and so she sinned.  She kept to herself and was a loner, so the convent never noticed her pregnancy.  Since the habit a nun wears is loose, she was able to keep the pregnancy hidden.  She went to visit a sister convent but along the way she felt sick, as she was going into labor.  She took refuse in a cabin in the woods she came upon. There was an older couple there that lived off the grid, so that couple helped deliver the child.  The nun was in regular attire and so she did not get recognized as a nun and never said a word about being one.  The nun felt blessed to have come across the couple in their cabin when she did.  After a couple of days, the nun returned to her convent with the child.  She told her Mother Superior that she was blessed to have found this child and that she felt it was her purpose to help raise the infant. Thus Orson was raised to love God and yet when he discovered his origins, he knew God gave him the gifts he has.  As an adult, Orson now is able to fully control his gifts and they work with him simply looking at someone.  He can also project a force-field to protect himself and anyone within ten feet of him.

R36U52K.jpg

My attempt at a Savage Surfer, he had a shoulder harness but I used it for my Primal Age Joker.

W5DEh13.jpg

My custom mate inspired by Prowl-Ar's Horus, but I have not named him.

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

You're so creative with mixing parts.

I was predicting Doom Shredder's name to be Punishredator. LOL

Does Ghost Warrior wonder why he gets so many pizza party invites?

I quite like Q. Knew who it was immediately.

Thank you for the compliment.  I try to do part swapping and maybe a little paint but I don't like to sculpt as I don't have the patience for it.  I am thinking of attempting to sculpt a robe for Q but I wanted to try it out on the BSG Imperious Leader robes since I had it on hand (thanks to Luke's Toy Store).

Ghost Warrior was just me putting the parts together to keep them from disappearing and then I sort of liked it.  I will have to see about a Punishredator that sounds interesting.  Doom Shredder is really just a name holder as I could not figure out a proper name but I like Punishredator and may steal that name from you.  Since he is Cosmic Ghost Rider (which is a merging of Ghost Rider and Punisher) and Shredder that would fit.

Thank you again for a new idea and the name Punishredator.

ha I made pretty much that same Q like a week ago. You should see some of the stuff I use for Star Trek stand ins.

My Worf is Kor from Trek and the original Grey Hulk's headpiece. Although I've been thinking of Dystopia Hulk or Maestro's headpiece and painting it. Probably would be better for a different Klingon than Worf though.

My Data is original Adam Warlock's face with BW Dracula hairpiece on the grey trek suit.

My LaForge uses Phx 5 Cyclops visor. Crusher uses that Green/Black Rogue with a old Mary Jane hair.

And don't get me started on my Voyager crew. Neelix is a complete mess, Torres is human, and Chakotay has a scar instead of a face tattoo. At least we got a real Seven of Nine and Janeway. Had to get rid of her bun style hair though.

19 minutes ago, WookieFodder said:

ha I made pretty much that same Q like a week ago. You should see some of the stuff I use for Star Trek stand ins.

My Worf is Kor from Trek and the original Grey Hulk's headpiece. Although I've been thinking of Dystopia Hulk or Maestro's headpiece and painting it. Probably would be better for a different Klingon than Worf though.

My Data is original Adam Warlock's face with BW Dracula hairpiece on the grey trek suit.

My LaForge uses Phx 5 Cyclops visor. Crusher uses that Green/Black Rogue with a old Mary Jane hair.

And don't get me started on my Voyager crew. Neelix is a complete mess, Torres is human, and Chakotay has a scar instead of a face tattoo. At least we got a real Seven of Nine and Janeway. Had to get rid of her bun style hair though.

I have a prototype of Worf but had not had a chance to paint the Maestro's headpeice yet as I am not finding a matching shade of tan to made Kor's face. I don't have him on display at moment. I had Luke print me a face decal for Data and I used a Cyclops visor for LaForge and my Crusher is also a face decal from Luke and a Jean Grey hair piece.  Would not know where to begin to make Neelix.

Edited by Captain Paco

A terrible image but I need to redo the display and will take new images then.

nULTClL.jpg

A Tronified Borg Drone,  Michael Burnham in spacesuit,   Transporting Captain Kirk

P034UaH.jpg

Mirror Sisko, Mirror Janeway (as seen in Star Trek Timelines) Mirror Archer in uniform and USS Defiant mirror Archer along with my second version of T'Pol.  Will get updated individual shots in the future after I redo the display case.

DmRPUuo.jpg

Here are Tron and Sark after the Borg invaded Tron's universe.  (did not realize the headpiece was a skew on Tron)

tt4J15K.jpg

This is my WIP Worf.  I have not complete him because I am trying to find a matching paint color to paint the green ridges and need to find a the parts to convert to a TNG uniform.  But I will be finishing him someday.  Thanks to WookieFodder for making me want to share him at this point.

Give the one next to Doom Shredder some sort of mystic weapon and you have a custom Asgardian Phoenix (Rachel). If I still have the spare parts I may have to copy that one. ?

Also your Angela as wonder Woman makes me extra sad there isn't a DC license because a golden armor Wonder Woman would make the perfect base for an Amalgam Wonder Angel.

10 hours ago, Prowlar said:

Give the one next to Doom Shredder some sort of mystic weapon and you have a custom Asgardian Phoenix (Rachel). If I still have the spare parts I may have to copy that one. ?

Also your Angela as wonder Woman makes me extra sad there isn't a DC license because a golden armor Wonder Woman would make the perfect base for an Amalgam Wonder Angel.

Thank you Prowlar, I never saw Asgardian or Phoenix in that figure, just sort of like the combination.  I will call her an Asgardian Priestess for now.  I will look to see what sort of mystical weapon I can find for her.  Copy her as you wish, as I get my inspiration from your assortment of customs. It is because of you, I make non-Trek minimate customs.

Cylonchaney, I reworked my Doom Shredder and named it Punishredator.

HYVlpNT.jpg

Thanks for the idea and I happen to find a couple of Predator parts to use.

Also, here is a new Doom Shredder and I renamed him Shredoom.

aCNqn8K.jpg

Found a Doctor Doom in a forgotten container of mates.

DC Primal Age Customs (involving lots of creative licensing)

8ei5KUg.jpg

Batman and Batgirl (not sure about her boots, so may change them out down the road.)

4Ulx855.jpg

Wonder Woman and Cheetah (may remove the harness on Cheetah down the road)

vfHLLTe.jpg

Green Lantern, Star Sapphire and Sinestro (may work on a classic uniform for Primal Age Sinestro)

3oKM5in.jpg

Superman, Bizarro and Lex Luthor (I need to work out a "S" emblem for Superman yet.)

DC Primal Age part two

IAowO0I.jpg

Aquaman and King Shark (I know it is not exact and not much customizing on Shark but he is a place holder for now. Also will be working to make the replacement hand on Arthur look more like a hook.)

OBNRwr7.jpg Md50aGf.jpg

The Flash                                                           Hawkgirl (having issues with her wings and lost the mace)

CDhJooo.jpghFzelFl.jpg

Mister Freeze (one of two I have been working on.)           Catwoman, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn and the Joker

Here is who I am calling Chill who was inspired by Prowl-Ar's Frost.

CORirKs.jpg

Here is a take on Wonder Woman in her golden armor either from WW84 or Kingdom Come

CVMAqNU.jpg

I know she does not have wings but I don't think I am going to keep this one assembled.

I reworked my Ghost Warrior so now could be a Ghost Shredder or Shredder Ghost.

ovPuLgN.jpg