UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Another long term lurker appears...

Hi Everyone

Well, I guess the title says it all really! I've been collecting minimates for a long time and lurking around the multiverse for quite a while. I've been tempted to join for ages but I think that the current polls etc are what have finally tempted me to do so as it seems to be a very exciting time to be a minimate fan! As you may have guessed from that my main interest is in the marvel comics line, though I do have minimates from several other lines such as the marvel movies, universal monsters, trek, etc. Within the marvel universe, although I love all new marvel 'mates, my wishlist is topped by the as yet unmade classic avengers and thor related characters and villains (so yes, I was delighted when kang appeared recently! ;)) In case anyone is therefore curious as to why stegron, along with the number one, is in my multiverse name, that is simply because he was the villain in the very first marvel comic I read as a kid, and with my love of dinosaurs already in place, a new interest was born that has been sustained to this day! I don't think there is much else to add for now, except that I'm another of that fairly rare breed of members from the uk and that, having exactly zero talent in customising or photography myself, I am often in awe of the great things I see on the multiverse. Anyway, sorry to have rambled on a bit, but I will look forward to hopefully interacting with you all from time to time about my favourite hobby. :)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. :) I must say MinnesotaIceman I like your wishlist!

Welcome to the 'verse and don't be sorry, I liked that rambling of yours.

Oh, and in case you're a fan, good luck with the Swedes tonight. :thumbsup:

Thanks on both counts Bob. I am a fan as it happens, and I think that luck may be needed! My years of watching England play football tend to keep my expectations suitably low these days! lol

Your guys played very well. The first have wasn't that exciting at all, but the second was very much fun to watch! Especially liked that goal by Walcott two minutes after he came into the game. Well done!

Thanks, I wish I could really take the credit lol. You're right, it was quite a good game though - now if we can only learn that you are supposed to mark people at free kicks we might even win another match! :biggrin: Anyway, judging by your profile, I'm guessing your team are in action tonight - I'd wish you good luck too but I somehow don't think you'll need it! ;)

Your judging was right and I'd have loved to see another legendary match between Germany and England. Instead it's Italy Germany is facing next after that loss last night. I really enjoyed England's defensive efforts against that incredibly quick and dangerous team of Italian strikers. But on the other end... not so much. :confused:

Your judging was right and I'd have loved to see another legendary match between Germany and England. Instead it's Italy Germany is facing next after that loss last night. I really enjoyed England's defensive efforts against that incredibly quick and dangerous team of Italian strikers. But on the other end... not so much. :confused:

Yes, it was a shame we couldn't manage to make that date with Germany though tbh I think you would have humiliated us based on last night's performance lol. You are right that we played well defensively but as you say we had very little going forward - maybe something to do with not being able to get the ball! Anyway, good luck with Italy - I think you really have a great chance of winning not just that game but the whole thing actually! :thumbsup: