UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but I'm thinking Rob's face would go scarlet red if he mentioned it? And we'd hunt him down like a goblin? I'm just happy enough you are letting us peek into your collection.

But seriously, now that you mentioned it, I'm only really curious as to how many Angel/Warpaths you got. :)

You got it Allen & you do not want that picture.

I actually saw multiple cases of those unloaded at my local FYE, and bought up a number for boardies if memory serves. They eventually went on sale there, down to $5 per pack or so I believe. It was the only pack in that case, so it isn't too shocking to me that someone would have a number of them for sale.

Thanks Danny & I can't wait to see some of the stuff you ol'timers are digging out :biggrin:

Sorry Nessex I just don't know this customisers real name ,I'll hunt back through my ebay feedback .

Sophia has great taste Sam :thumbsup:

Allen ,what the hell is up with you & that Spiderbunny :no:

Here's an update on a recent picture I showed in a Battle Beast thread , my inbox got a tad busy the last time I showed similar :ermm:post-638-0-75135800-1340390306_thumb.jpg

I was looking at all those bagged Battle Beast gators and it made me think of this.

Cocaine-In-Bags-Vermilion-Municipal-Drug-Task-Force1.jpg

:rolleyes: Oh great, now I'm picturing Rob selling those itty bitty bags of plastic crack to today's troubled youth.

Hey Shane, your Bombermate looks like it is still holding up well. Mine isn't, but it doesn't make it any less special. :) I'd love to see the original master list of who it was all given out to sometime. That'd be neat but I'm sure it's in the Area 51 portion of the MMMV.

IMG_Bombermate35.jpg

Rob, I'm not going to ask if those are 3 different cases you shown so far or just 2. ;)

Rob, just an FYI that there is one more "sanctioned" MMMV custom out there that you might not be aware of, I don't have an actual picture to share at the moment, but maybe one of the 9 people that got them would be willing to share a picture?

A very nice piece of work & a very suitable Minimate for a very worthy cause . I personally had no input in that very worthwhile project & like the 'Bomber' & the 'Minimate MOM' 'mates they wouldn't be actively sought.

The two pictures of the Gobhoblin/SparletScider are all I am going to upload.....it's been fun but you do not want THAT picture.

The two pictures of the Gobhoblin/SparletScider are all I am going to upload.....it's been fun but you do not want THAT picture.

But, I think we do. We're all (secretly?) minimasochists... well, I know I am anywho :P

I like how each picture shows more and more of them, it's like some strange strip-tease :biggrin:

Despite my, umm, heckling (?), I didn't even think you'd share what you have already. As I said before, I am just happy enough for this little peek into your bunker and don't expect anything. If I didn't know about this great thread, I probably wouldn't be here as often as I am. I'm going to stop before I start saying something nice to you. :tongue:

Nice that you posted your Bomber Mate Shane and Storm 1:08. I ran across mine when I was moving my Minimates and collectibles to another room. I can't remember what number mine was, but it was cool when TBT made those. Definitely one of my most treasured Mates next to the one Nervous made for my wife and I's first anniversary. Now while these might not be as rare as they used to be, but I blame Shanester for getting me into these. I was a long time Silver Surfer fan and he told me about the single Surfer. Then when the GSXM was going for insane amounts on eBay he was nice enough to sell it for cost + shipping. Definitely one of my favorite memories of collecting right here. I can never say thanks enough to these guys for doing this stuff.

Wedding012.jpgWedding036.jpgWedding025.jpg

8dc5b124-5ef6-46ab-8d7b-8aa5cc68d8d0.jpg61438a98-13d4-420b-884b-11b31800fdbc.jpg

What a wonderful thread! Just has a different vibe to it, compared to most others. Rob is a great dude, and a very generous one as well. I just hope that people aren't bugging him too much, and respecting someone who is granting us a glimpse at his awesome and massive and impressive collection. Its also cool to see Some of my customs in there, I would have figured you had a lot more Rob. I almost forgot I sent the alternate, first attempt chaplain.

It has been great to see some old timers chiming in as well.

I guess I gotta dig out my bombermate for a picture too!

Edited by Nervous

post-638-0-49802000-1340397389_thumb.jpg

I don't really see the big deal as he never seemed that rare around here. (But then there's nothing unusual about that statement)

Again though, I do have to question the point of having that many of the same figure. You don't do customs. You don't trade them that often and treat it like a business. 2 or 3 packs I can understand for me, but what do you get out of having 2 cases? Just curious.

Also...

japan.jpg

#3 of 8

Well, I pulled out some of my rarities to share and though they aren't as impressive and some people's stuff, there's some different stuff I hadn't seen yet:

DSCN1094.jpg

The top row is all of Luke's Artmates (all #1's) and a Japan Relief Mate from yb.

Next row is my four LTS Frankenmates, a Santa Skrull, proto/sample Human Torch, paint sample Firestar, proto BSG Six, translucent Super Skrull arm (my favorite unproduced piece) and a 3" white proto.

Last row is protos of 3" Scotty and Alice Cooper and unproduced Aragorn and Eowyn.

The Bombermate isn't the one I originally received from Tim (I think I had #56), but this one came from someone else as a 'thank you' and it's evenmore special.

The Six came with slipper painted feet that are different than any other one I've seen. When Chuck was asked about it he had no idea how it happened. I'm sure I'm the only one who cares about it.

The last four are test samples for different blanks that weren't used.

Speaking of blanks, here's most of my promo stuff. I actually had more, but worked out a deal on a lot of promos from a member here a couple years back. Before I got them, I received extras from someone else of some that i needed and I sold them off. Then the whole thing fell apart with the lot I was supposed to get and I've never replaced the missing ones. I don't hold a grudge, but mention it since I once had an almost complete set of promos.

DSCN1095.jpg

My real strengths in collecting are in troop building and I promise to have pictures at some point.

Edited by groundhog7s