UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1339874224[/url]' post='232635']

I'm glad a buddy pointed me to this thread! This is so fun peeking into the secret stashes and stories people have.

So yeah, I'm sure this got us all going into our closets again. I'm jealous of several of your pics, Rob. Particularly the Spidey Max and Symbiote Spideys. Torment me with the Torment Spideys and I'll start making fun of your age again!

And Rob, did you ever see this before? I still have the letter and square envelope DST sent me on the Venom tongue promotion. The first time I felt that DST honestly cared and they still do to this day. :thumbsup:

photo.jpg

Wait, is the yellow blank considered rare? I've had one in my collection for a while. I either got it in a bin at a toy show or a flea market, for a quarter I think. Not bagged, just loose.

I have official packaged items that do not appear on the Database ...all of which are C3.

Yeah, I've heard there are French versions in addition to the Spanish C3 stuff but I can't recall seeing photos. I occasionally wonder how many markets those sets made it into. Same with the LOTR.

I've accepted that the MMDB will never be complete. Now I just aim for comprehensive. :)

I have official packaged items that do not appear on the Database ...all of which are C3.

Yeah, I've heard there are French versions in addition to the Spanish C3 stuff but I can't recall seeing photos. I occasionally wonder how many markets those sets made it into. Same with the LOTR.

I've accepted that the MMDB will never be complete. Now I just aim for comprehensive. :)

Comprehensive to you = awesome to me . So now you're telling me that there are French versions of C3 ....thanks :(

i think we all know the purpose for having so many minimates is that when they eventually come to life, the biggest army has the best shot at world domination. That's why customs/customizers are so important, they're the wild cards.

Sorry, but my troop building sickness habits far outweigh any customizers. I might not have the variety that Rob has, but my troops can probably give him a good run for his money.

i think we all know the purpose for having so many minimates is that when they eventually come to life, the biggest army has the best shot at world domination. That's why customs/customizers are so important, they're the wild cards.

Minimapocalypse!

I bet TM2 loaded up when they went on clearance at FYE, am I right? They were selling those 5 packs for $5 a piece at one point.

Right you are, although by the time I was done I was getting them for $1.25 a 5 pack. I wasted so much gas driving all over the city. Should have gone further. So much fun. :biggrin: Towards the end I would walk in and ask the manager how much they'd take for me to take the Minimate stock off theirhands.

Some more pics. I know I've got a few more bags somewhere in my closet...

cylons2.jpg

cylons3.jpg

I'm still waiting for a challenger of my Cylon army. :P

Your pictures of those Cylons are just unbeatable Dino ,the picture of the 'shinies' ,beautiful . I can show pictures of packets & cases all day long but those 'in the flesh' pics are what collecting Minimates is all about .

Despite my buying habits I have rarely army built...erm.. army builders. Cylons are a different kettlofish & i had a small army before I'd even seen an episode of BSG :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that, even if I unloaded all my Wave 25 packs, Groundhog's AIM army would easily surpass it in numbers....pictures pictures :thumbsup:

Not all of my troops are that largely built, especially after selling some off last year (though I was able to trade back for most of them). Also, I have quite a few on special assignment up in the Canadian tundra. However, the ones I'm most thrilled about should be arriving in the mail within a week or so. All I can say is that I was especially challenged by the quote a demi-god made recently. Soon, one of my Minimates can say with all honesty, 'I have an army'.