UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the 2nd Black Cat proto you sent me, Ady. Unfortunately the first one is, quite literally, lost somewhere in the world. I still say you need to check your PO for lost packages. :P

my posted to lost ratio is terrifying. Its just as well I had 2 of Black Cat tbh.

Is the MAX Spidey more fragile then Galactus and the Sentinel? I guess, if it's just a proto, that makes sense.

BTW, the shots with all the Spider-Women look like some kind of weird sex dream Peter Parker had....:huh:

I would guess MAX Spidey is as fragile as Galactus & the Sentinel .....& let's just say they're not robust . :)

The dream? Well let's just say it's not only Peter Parker that has that dream .

There might be a reason she was considered rare.....WARNING this is a particularly irritating picture.

post-638-0-24213200-1339772045_thumb.jpg

That said in the next few months I have to rebuild a large chunk of my house, which means liberating things from storage... who knows what I still have! (probably nothing!)

Although I know I have a lot of Art Asylum shit somewhere (N the Box, Tony Hawks 3 3/4" figures etc)

Maybe I can rebuild that chunk of your house for you?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Maybe I can rebuild that chunk of your house for you?

Out of Minimates?

The "rebuild" phrase was perhaps a little overkill, basically a loft conversion and the splitting of the master bedroom into two. The Master bedroom has a walk in cupboard about 8foot square thats currently FULL of boxes of mates, lego, random toys and longboxes full of comics. Gonna be interesting trying to move it somewhere.

Very difficult to get a good shot of this guy but here goes .........

post-638-0-05308100-1339768671_thumb.jpg post-638-0-95846200-1339768708_thumb.jpg post-638-0-93226400-1339768745_thumb.jpg post-638-0-82699700-1339768794_thumb.jpg

I love this toy but it is so bloody fragile it just wouldn't last 5 minutes otside of a box .....so it's gone straight back into one :(

The nice comments are an incentive to hunt out more stuff ...I'm currently hunting for my Pink C3 prototype Batmobile .

Excellent! :highfive2:

If I would make one request, Rob, it would be to see what you've got, overall, in terms of your Kubrick collection. Might be an unreasonable request as I'm not sure exactly how you store everything, but I would be really interested to get a sense of the scale of your impressive Kub collection.

If I would make one request, Rob, it would be to see what you've got, overall, in terms of your Kubrick collection. Might be an unreasonable request as I'm not sure exactly how you store everything, but I would be really interested to get a sense of the scale of your impressive Kub collection.

My kubrick collection is up there with the finest but my display deserves better ....a lot better,here's a picture from 'bomb-site 'A", a picture that prompted me to have a bloody good audit of what I have ....you can just about see some of them in their acrylic display cases . Tragic really because I've gotten some brilliant kubricks & that picture shows about 10% of them . post-638-0-70624800-1339774061_thumb.jpg

One of these days I'll sort them out as well. :pinch:

Ok, last request, let's see a picture of the reaction on your girlfriend's face when she looks at all this stuff... :lol:

:rolleyes: .... she's very tolerant of it all because it's not actually in the house ,our house isn't huge but we do have plenty of outbuildings & Minimateland is in one of them.

I've got the 2nd Black Cat proto you sent me, Ady. Unfortunately the first one is, quite literally, lost somewhere in the world. I still say you need to check your PO for lost packages. :P

my posted to lost ratio is terrifying. Its just as well I had 2 of Black Cat tbh.

Yeah, I think out of 3 trades with you over the years you've lost 2 things. That's not a good ratio, mate. You need to call your Post Master General or something.

My kubrick collection is up there with the finest but my display deserves better ....a lot better,here's a picture from 'bomb-site 'A", a picture that prompted me to have a bloody good audit of what I have ....you can just about see some of them in their acrylic display cases . Tragic really because I've gotten some brilliant kubricks & that picture shows about 10% of them . post-638-0-70624800-1339774061_thumb.jpg

One of these days I'll sort them out as well. :pinch:

Thanks Rob. Those of us who collect Kubricks will realize how impressive it is that you bought that many display cases alone! :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item2a1d3b6ec4&item=180879060676&nma=true&pt=US_Action_Figures&rt=nc&si=RYj204Jt%252B5VLR%252BOUe37zlvWuubM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by karamazov80

This thread is so awesome. Very jealous of the Silver Spideys and "true colour" Bullseyes and Stealth IMs. And I can definitely understand keeping the Max Spidey safely tucked away, breaking a Sentinel would really suck but breaking that would be criminal.

Those Target Goblins are still very confusing to me, going by the ad he was supposed to have a slipover mask, but on these they printed his unmasked Osborn face on a green head block instead, so strange :wacko:

BHM, any chance we can see how many old school Black Spideys you amassed over the years? He's still the original Minimate treasure in my eyes.

Edited by battlecat

This thread is so awesome. Very jealous of the Silver Spideys and "true colour" Bullseyes and Stealth IMs. And I can definitely understand keeping the Max Spidey safely tucked away, breaking a Sentinel would really suck but breaking that would be criminal.

Those Target Goblins are still very confusing to me, going by the ad he was supposed to have a slipover mask, but on these they printed his unmasked Osborn face on a green head block instead, so strange :wacko:

BHM, any chance we can see how many old school Black Spideys you amassed over the years? He's still the original Minimate treasure in my eyes.

I see the names & I see the posts & after all these years I feel liberated that those people.... that I could give a damn about..... seem to like this thread .....there is absolutely no f&cking need to be jealous because you'll all be in my will :lol:

Black Spidey? Absolutely frickin stunning 'mate ....for you 'battlecat' ,my friend .... there will be a Black Saturday

Rob's been a stalwart of the Minimate collecting community for years and is a stand-up guy

And he knows more about Minimates than I knew could be known. He knows everything! A true archivist.

bhm01.jpg

IMAG0299-1.jpg

The thing about you guys having so many 'Mates is that you're bound to have something some one wants... even a person (*cough*) that thought he was immune. For instance, I know they're prototypes, but they look so much like blanks that you made me sit up tall! And then this came along:

bhm02.jpg

Member of the Month 'Mate?! Good God! Now that's a pearl amongst the gumballs!

Very difficult to get a good shot of this guy but here goes .........

bhm03.jpg

That's a great shot of that guy. Love it.

Edited by Cappy